Author Topic: Thinking of moving to the area...  (Read 84293 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Please does anyone know what this area is like to live?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 09:59:41 pm »
I think it would be sensible to physically go to the address and see for yourself.

This is a beautiful area, but like all towns has its rough parts.  NEVER rely on 2nd hand opinions from the Internet.

Moving home is way too important a decision to leave to others.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:26 pm »
A Streetview look at it:
http://g.co/maps/7p6tt

Offline twinkleystar2010

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 12:03:54 pm »
Thank you for your replies everyone

I had looked on google maps hence why I asked for peoples opinions.

I would of gone to have a look around at different timesif I was very interested but I decided its not the area for me.

The search continues!

Offline galena

does anyone know what this area is like to live in?
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:10 am »
Hi

Sorry if this in the wrong area but its my first post.

I am thinking about moving to Colwyn Heights near pen-y-bryn road. Does anyone know what it is like to live in this area, and if the primary school is good there. I was wondering what the area is like.  Is it safe at night or groups of people hanging around etc

Any information would be gratefully received

Thank you so much

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: does anyone know what this area is like to live in?
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 10:05:12 am »
Hi

Sorry if this in the wrong area but its my first post.

I am thinking about moving to Colwyn Heights near pen-y-bryn road. Does anyone know what it is like to live in this area, and if the primary school is good there. I was wondering what the area is like.  Is it safe at night or groups of people hanging around etc

Any information would be gratefully received

Thank you so much

That's my area and I've lived here for 27 years and have no intention of moving anywhere else.  The school has a very good reputation and a lot of parents want to send their children to it.
The area has grown considerably since I first moved here but is still a nice quite area.  It has a nice restaurant/pub and a general store/ Post Office. A hairdresser and Indian take away are the only other shops there.
A few Councillors live up there and try to make sure that it remains a nice safe place to live.  It's still best to check it out for yourself and have a look around before you decide.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:02:21 pm by Ian »

Offline galena

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 04:42:21 pm »
Thanks so much for the information, I have visited quite a few times and it always seems quiet but came across this site and thought I would ask. Probably a lot safer than where I live at the moment in the Midlands!
I have heard a lot of people saying that the food at the pub is fabulous and there seems to be a lot going on at the community centre too, so hopefully if I do move here I can become involved in the community activities.
Many, many thanks for your response

Offline Nearly Retired

Great Ormes Road
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2013, 05:50:54 pm »
Whilst I don't expect anyone to comment on an individual house, is anyone aware of any problems with the area of Great Ormes Road, close to where it joins Gloddaeth Ave ? We are house hunting soon, but have been scanning the Rightmove website for some time. The area seems lovely to me, but have been suprised to see a property which has been on the market for a very long time. Maybe it's a problem with the house itself, but if you aren't a local you often aren't aware of "hiccups" with certain spots. Any would be gratefully received.

Offline Yorkie

Re: Thinking of moving to the area...
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:00 pm »
Gloddaeth Avenue is the lowest lying road in Llandudno (until someone corrects me) and could flood as tidal and other forces take effect.  In  1993 when we lived in Gloddaeth Ave and had the floods we had water to within a few yards of the house.   Other than traffic there is nothing generally wrong with the area especially if you like sand and the sea.  We moved to higher ground in Penrhyn Bay.
 ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nearly Retired

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36:26 pm »
Thanks for that Yorkie. I have read on this forum about the problems with the sand in that area. There doesn't seem to be many houses for sale there, so I expect most people are happy enough there. Perhaps, as you say, the traffic could be a problem. There also appears to be a small Tesco there so maybe that generates more traffic in that spot.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »
 I'm sure that whichever shop you are thinking of --- I don't think you will be flavour of the month calling them a "small tesco"

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »
Fortunately, Mike, 'One Stop' is owned by Tesco, so they won't mind!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2013, 08:01:30 pm »
  I had no idea. What a surprise, Mike

Offline Nearly Retired

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2013, 09:02:17 pm »
Apologies to the "One Stop Shop", no offence intended !

Offline jeanus44

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2013, 09:37:36 pm »
We moved up here in March this year from Shrewsbury in Shropshire..My husband has retired and I was made redundant. We have a super flat about 5 minutes from the front and the shopping centre. We love the new lifestyle and do a lot of walking now as well as chilling out. We have a small garden which we have started work on. I lived in the same village all my life and I'm now 57 so a  very long time in one place. This was the biggest thing I've done in my life. The doctors are great and we found an NHS dentist straight away and only at the end of the road. We hardly use our car now as everything is within walking distance. If anyone wants to move here I would advise you to do it. You only live once..Make  the most of it!  $walesflag$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2013, 09:05:36 am »
Glad you're both enjoying your new life here.  $walesflag$