The Local > Ask a Local

Thinking of moving to the area...

(1/28) > >>

Basylv:
Hello everyone, we've just retired at 60 and looking to possibly have a better retirement in Wales. We want to escape the rat race in the Midlands. We've googled properties between Betws y Coed and LLandudno, We're spending a few days in Llandudno in Nov.; We've had hols there in the past, and intend looking around the local estate agents.
We'll have a look at one or two town centre Victorian terraced houses near the front with a few bedrooms. Does anyone here know of retired people choosing this location? What pitfalls are there besides only street parking? There seem to be lots of bungalows for sale. What is local health service provision like - doctors etc? Hope not too many Questions..! Many thanks in anticipation.

Barry

Bellringer:
It's a good place and area to come to. I came with my work in 1983, early retired in 1996 and thoroughly enjoy my life here.
Healthcare as far as I am concerned is fine, a bit difficult to maybe find an NHS dentist though so you might have to go through a private scheme.

Shopping is good and Snowdonia is on the doorstep - what more could you possibly need?

Stan the Bellringer

Ian:

--- Quote ---Does anyone here know of retired people choosing this location?
--- End quote ---

They comprise the bulk of the population in Llandudno, Barry.  You'll enjoy it here;  it's a good place to live.

Yorkie:
Don't buy in the Town centre.  Get out to Penrhyn Bay where there are a few nice estates with essential services and only a mile or so away from the town centre which can get very busy with tourists and folk coming in from the surrounding areas.

Merddin Emrys:

--- Quote from: Yorkie on October 16, 2010, 05:12:47 pm ---Don't buy in the Town centre.  Get out to Penrhyn Bay where there are a few nice estates with essential services and only a mile or so away from the town centre which can get very busy with tourists and folk coming in from the surrounding areas.

--- End quote ---

Having lived in Penrhyn Bay for 3 months now we can highly recommend it D)  Best place I've ever lived, we are in the middle of the Penrhyn Beach estate which is nice and quiet, but only 3 min walk to the beach, the Little Orme and Angel Bay is on our doorstep and all you could need is a few mins drive away in Llandudno itself, ideal :) :) $wales

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version