Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 40227 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Oscar
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »
    Tread carefully here. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the "Oscar" blog appears to have been reduced to a trickle, and the TTF has maintained a dignified silence.
    But if you miss "Oscar" get yourself over to Twitter. He appears to be taking over the twitter airwaves. No rules against that, you dont have to read anybodys tweets. But that is where he is spending his time   Mike

Offline Yorkie

Re: Oscar
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:35:56 pm »
  But that is where he is spending his time   Mike

Could be a SHE.     WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:45 am »
    Yes, but you don't often find a female called Oscar.   Whoever he or she is, they have certainly taken to Twitter in a big way. Tweets are coming out at a machine gun rate.  Obviously got plenty of time on his/her hands.
    Before I get any response I would repeat, there are no rules saying you cannot twitter away into the night, nonstop. I do it myself, but only to a very limited degree. I enjoy it.
   But just look for yourselves, its there for all to see, how many tweets anyone has made. And Oscar is way into the thousands in a short space of time.    Mike

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:40:21 pm »
I've looked and registered on twitter, but I can't make any sense of it!? I'm fine with Facebook though !
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:54:25 pm »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 02:51:26 pm »
I've looked and registered on twitter, but I can't make any sense of it!? I'm fine with Facebook though !

Twitter is for the Birds!  I also find it hard to understand the point of it.

Isn't Oscar in the USA at the moment?   Usual annual holiday?   WWW
Cicero

Offline martin

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 03:47:39 pm »
Have I missed something here, cannot find "Oscar" in the list of members, but from what I have read, I take it he was flooding the TTF with posts.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »
I've had a quick look at this and I don't think it is Oscar.
Oscar has his own blog, Thoughts of Oscar and I've had a look at this twitter and whoever writes it seems to be too flippant.
He also says that he doesn't know ormegolf which I find quite surprising.
Oscar hasn't been active properly since 14th November.

http://thoughtsofoscar.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »
  Hello and to Martin,   I've obviously misled you. No, Oscar isent flooding the Three Towns Forum with messages or anything else. I don't know if he is even a member and I don't suppose he would be bothered, he has his own blog.
   No,what I was writing about was on Twitter he is a member, I dont know for how long, but he has managed to make 11,270 tweets (and counting). This is a considerable number assuming that any automatic messaging hasent been used. Twitter of course would frown on such tactics, no spamming there.
   I dont suppose any of this is really any importance apart from  to the gentleman/lady concerned.  Just thought that it was a bit strange that his blog dries up and the floodgates of tweets opens up at more or less the same time.
   I think I've got too much time on my hands at the moment for me to even notice this. Perhaps Id better go back to crosswords.   Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 06:56:48 pm »
The Oscar on Twitter is the same one who runs the Blog. He links to the Twitter account from his Blog, which is the clincher. To be fair, posting on Twitter is far easier than running a Blog. As both Yorkie and I can testify, coming up with new ideas for posts all the time can be a burden!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »
   Dave --- don't give us that. Just tell the forum which coffee house you've been in every day. That will keep your forum readers happy Ha Ha

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 07:49:07 pm »
To be fair, posting on Twitter is far easier than running a Blog. As both Yorkie and I can testify, coming up with new ideas for posts all the time can be a burden!

And thank goodness you're the one who is having to do it now!  I had my moments of glory.  :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 08:10:24 pm »
To be fair, posting on Twitter is far easier than running a Blog. As both Yorkie and I can testify, coming up with new ideas for posts all the time can be a burden!

And thank goodness you're the one who is having to do it now!  I had my moments of glory.  :D
I just stick a photo up every day now, it's a lot easier:
http://www.david-roberts-photography-blog.co.uk/

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:23:02 am »
Seems as though OSCAR is being hounded on Twitter.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar, who is Oscar?

Now how many folk have had that very thought whizzing around their minds & how many would love to know the answer?

Is Oscar male or female? Some have surmised it must be a certain newsagent in Llandudno, some say a legal beagle on or near Trinity square! Lets face it there are many assumptions as to the identity of this cad, this anonymous righter of rights, this wooden spoon wielding warrior hiding behind anonymity, I find it all very intriguing & amusing!

Like many if us Oscar has his (lets assume he's a he) quirks he uses his very successful blog (Thoughts of Oscar) to tackle a whole range of issues, from bullying (of which he is guilty himself, especially when it comes to PC Mike Smith & his wife!!!) to political issues.

Oscar uses his Twitter account @ThoughtsofOscar to publicise his blog (as do many of us) but he'll also use it to influence others on the issue of individuals such as @Jon_lundstram, which I think is wholly unfair, this type of behaviour makes him more of a contradiction than a people's champion!!!

Would the world be a better place for his unmasking? Is he some kind of Zorro? With his wooden spoon as his sword or is he more of a Bruce Wayne, watching over the good folk of Llandudno & Conwy, batting (love that one!) away the individuals who cause him concern?! Or is he simply a bit of a joker, mixing it up to keep us on our toes?!

This is a person with time on his hands, time certainly to keep himself abreast of the comings and goings, especially when it comes to the local Council & Councillors (all council employees are allegedly banned from viewing his blog during office hours).
When he's not on his travels he's pretty much office bound, mischief making & drum banging.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar what a conundrum you are?!
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:43 pm »
Hmmm....so one anonymous person is criticising another anonymous person for being anonymous. Have I got that right? What a load of rubbish!  :laugh: