Author Topic: Rip Off Britain  (Read 36116 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Rip Off Britain
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2014, 08:12:55 am »
Should I move that to the 'Recommended traders' topic ME?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2014, 08:25:42 am »
Yes please Ian, just noticed it is in the Rip off Britain section, which of cause is wrong! Michael has around 13 recommendations on the Which Local Trader page! I am sure his ex apprentice will be excellent but as I haven't used his services yet I can't really recommend him yet? 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Dave

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2014, 11:48:48 am »
I think as long as all statements made are truthful and objective I think there is no harm in naming names. There are all sorts of people out there that will take advantage if they have the opportunity and there are also opportunities to save money for those who have been enlightened.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2014, 12:03:27 pm »
I think as long as all statements made are truthful and objective I think there is no harm in naming names. There are all sorts of people out there that will take advantage if they have the opportunity and there are also opportunities to save money for those who have been enlightened.

BUT... there is always the possibility a bad experience is an isolated incident & is it fair to ruin a tradesman's otherwise decent reputation for one transgression?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2014, 12:55:41 pm »

BUT... there is always the possibility a bad experience is an isolated incident & is it fair to ruin a tradesman's otherwise decent reputation for one transgression?

You are quite right SDQ, there needs to be a balance of opinion, good, bad and indifferent for judgements to be made.  What is needed is something like a Trip Advisor for businesses, if one is interested in other peoples experiences, that is.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2014, 02:25:17 pm »

That's the way I have looked at it too and that's why I won't say who it is.     

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »
This happened down the road from us so be careful who you employ to do a job! The worse part for me was that he advertised on the back of the neighbourhood watch leaflet! 

Hired because of his advert in a Neighbourhood Watch free-sheet, handyman Brian Severs smashed nearly every window in a bungalow when the quality of his work was questioned.

A “red mist” has descended on 50-year-old Severs of Gomer Court, Abergele, on July 9 his solicitor Elen Parry explained to magistrates on Monday, adding that he had symptoms of Asperger disorder.

He pleaded guilty to causing £8,163 damage at the bungalow, but the real cost came to more than £12,000, prosecutor Wyn Jones told Llandudno court because the owner had to be provided with somewhere else to live. Her insurers were now trying to recoup the cash from Severs, who was given a 16-week jail sentence, suspended for two years.

&shake&

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/137973/court-hears-how-abergele-handyman-smashed-nearly-every-window-in-a-bungalow.aspx
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas