Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 229001 times)

hollins

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1410 on: March 22, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »
Now we know why they were growing those strange looking grasses up the ramps.   :D

Nemesis

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1411 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:39 PM »
Our lawn needs tidying......................... L0L L0L L0L
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

BMD

« Reply #1412 on: April 09, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »
I noticed today that the Skip's roof is properly open again, and all the building materials, fencing, etc, removed.

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1413 on: June 21, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »
I was looking at the work going on to refurbish the Prom between the Pier and the Toad last Sunday. Looks to me like it is still a fair way off completion, think they will struggle to get it all finished for next month.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #1414 on: March 28, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »
This is what's happening on Colwyn Bay beach to get it ready for Easter
A section of the beach has been closed while heavy machinery start work.....    &shake&  is this another annual event  :(

Conwy Council say the work, which they describe as "reinstating the beach profile", will be completed before the start of the Easter holidays on April 15.

So far, the beach has seen more than 220,000 metres cubed of sand imported onto the beach for a new era of tourism and to combat erosion.            You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1415 on: March 28, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »
That's going to be a regular thing as the current there moves in an easterly direction.     On the Old Colwyn beach the height of the sand fluctuates with each tide and I've seen sand levels increase by  3 feet in just a short space of time
The stone groynes don't appear to be as effective as those old fashioned wooden ones that they were so keen to replace

Dave

« Reply #1416 on: March 28, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
I hope the parking charges cover the cost of maintaining the beach otherwise council tax payers are subsidising the day trippers.