Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408581 times)

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1305 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56:15 pm »
Referring to Ormegolf's post on 4th June which I have just seen - When we lived there we would have welcombed the Prom Day and joined in - what type of people live there now?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1306 on: June 10, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »
  Basically rich people ( nothing wrong with that of course) but rich people who moved there for the facts it has views and it does ent get that many visitors. And definitely not inebriated visitors wearing the equivalent version of kiss me quick hats. And the smell from the hot dogs die sent mix with our evening cocktails

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1307 on: June 10, 2015, 08:12:42 pm »
 :'( :o :'(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1308 on: June 23, 2015, 11:55:15 am »
Porth Eirias: Final preparations being made at seafront bistro ahead of opening

Published date: 23 June 2015
Published by: Dean Jones

FINAL preparations are being made at the Porth Eirias seafront bistro ahead of its long awaited opening.

With construction work located within £3.9million watersports complex almost complete, chef Bryn Williams has been busy training staff and finalising the menu before the facility opens its doors.

Talking to Pioneer reporter Dean Jones on a site visit, Mr Williams said: “It is great to see everything coming together now and we are not too far away.

“The menus have been sorted and will be printed in both English and Welsh, in keeping with the local theme I want Porth Eirias to have.

“I want it to be about local food for local people, and hopefully that will make it a place that can be a boost to the economy in the region.”

Mr Williams, together with business partner David Owen will hold meetings this week in regards to an official opening, which will be revealed at a later date.

A number of suppliers have been sourced from the region including Tan Lan Bakery in Rhos on Sea, Menai Oysters in Llanfairpwll and the Great Orme Brewery in Llandudno.

In keeping with the local theme, around 95 per cent of the staff are from Colwyn Bay and surrounding area, with 22 full and part-time jobs made available by the TV chef.

Mr Williams said: “Everyone is really keen and getting all the training they need, but I want everything to be perfect before we open.

“We are there to be shot at so I want to make sure that we are prepared for every eventuality to ensure we get off to a good start.”

Once open, the site will be split into a restaurant, bar and cafe, creating what Mr Williams hopes will be a relaxed and noisy atmosphere with something for everyone.

The bistro will be open from 9am to 9pm seven days a week.

Cllr Graham Rees, Cabinet Member for Tourism, Marketing and Leisure, said: “The project has had a lot of criticism from some quarters but it looks absolutely tremendous and I think it justifies the investment Conwy council is making in the regeneration of Colwyn Bay.”

http://northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/149401/porth-eirias-final-preparations-being-made-at-seafront-bistro-ahead-of-opening.aspx

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1309 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:53 pm »
I think it looks rubbish!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1310 on: June 24, 2015, 04:15:56 pm »
I think it looks rubbish!

;D Looks a bit like it's been repossessed and they are about to take the last of the remaining furniture away!

Offline BMD

« Reply #1311 on: June 25, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »
 :laugh: The interior designers have got a tough job with this building. How do you get a "bistro" atmosphere in that sterile, awkwardly planned space (complete with exposed industrial-style "ceiling")? I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #1312 on: June 25, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »
I have actually been shown round the place, and like alot of people, have been a harsh critic of this place since its completion and lack of facilities.

However i was really surprised at how good the place looks(the photo does not give a real look at what the place is like) and how they are catering for both bistro customers and cafe customers. I was told by them that they know they have an uphill task to win the local support around and that is why they are making sure everything is ready for the opening.From what i saw the prices are very competitive locally and certainly not London prices but for my part, i am willing to give the place a chance and will be visiting at some point.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1313 on: June 25, 2015, 03:00:46 pm »
Good to hear ......the first positive comment...................fingers crossed.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1314 on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:12 am »
I'm certainly going to give it a try.  $good$

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1315 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »
I don't think it looks very inviting but will probably give it a try sometime............... :D :D

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1316 on: July 01, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »
BRYN'S IN: Looks like Conwy's cabinet will be diving straight in to support Bryn Williams' Porth Eirias restaurant venture. Been a long time coming...........cnlr. Chris Hughes

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1317 on: July 01, 2015, 10:44:25 pm »
Just looked at the menu online ,  come on fish fingers (how many lol) chips and peas £11.95  _))*

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #1318 on: July 02, 2015, 07:40:05 am »
Just looked at the menu online ,  come on fish fingers (how many lol) chips and peas £11.95  _))*

At those prices I'll stay away as will most families.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1319 on: July 02, 2015, 09:46:26 am »

Please could you post a link to the on-line menu?
Thanks
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.