Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408715 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1245 on: January 08, 2015, 07:56:23 am »
 L0L  L0L  L0L

I expect the car park at the skip will now be full of kitchen fitter's vans?  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1246 on: January 16, 2015, 11:09:53 am »
Work finally going to start on Bryn's bistro - Porth Eirias will be closed to the public for eight weeks - http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/look-see-inside-porth-eirias-8458081
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1247 on: January 16, 2015, 11:15:50 am »
EIGHT BLOODY WEEKS?  What on Earth are they doing, rebuilding the whole place? 
 WWW  WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline BMD

« Reply #1248 on: January 16, 2015, 11:23:36 am »
Work finally going to start on Bryn's bistro - Porth Eirias will be closed to the public for eight weeks - http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/look-see-inside-porth-eirias-8458081

"Bryn Williams has not responded to a request for comment."

Of course. He's too important to respond to mere journalists or to public concerns about escalating costs and delays. A good start.  ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1249 on: January 16, 2015, 11:47:15 am »
There will be a lot of cross legged people in the area, the public seem to like to make use of the toilets. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1250 on: January 16, 2015, 01:01:22 pm »
There will be a lot of cross legged people in the area, the public seem to like to make use of the toilets. :o

The only thing the skip is any good for, taking the piss!  WWW

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1251 on: January 17, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »
I saw Bryn Williams on the TV  show Chef's Kitchen this morning and would think that I  am more likely to see him on TV that at Porth Eirias.
I wonder if he'll have a hat trick and miss three Summer seasons on the row.

Offline A.L.N. (a local nobody)

« Reply #1252 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:07 pm »
Does anyone know if the Restaurant or kitchen is being fitted?. I noticed a fair number of vans at the rear of the construction but the only one I could identify seemed to be to do with watersports. It was supposed to be well on its way by now wasn't it?
No up to date information from the Council or Bryn Williams.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1253 on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:14 pm »
Not happy at all! Went to visit the skip and walking on the roof, I suddenly fell over and landed on my face! I had tripped over one of the stupidly placed concrete blocks! Looking at the view you can't notice them! I have two cuts to my top lip, bad cut on the nose and a cut above my nose and I expect bruising to come! My sun glasses were broken and a very nice watch has scratches on it now! I have filled out an accident form there, hand written a letter of complaint as they have no complaints forms! The sooner this dammed skip is demolished the better!  $angry$

Update from my fall last year, after many delays from CCBC, I received this letter from Zurich Insurance, it seems the concrete block that caused my fall has been in place since 2009! Amazing as the skip was not built in 2009!! Also even though you can walk all around it yet they are not in a walkway?  I will be contesting this letter!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1254 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:53 pm »
Just typical of Zurich.

I managed to get the price of a new tyre out of them for my Daughter who drove into a pot hole in Slough.  They refused but I took the matter to the County Court, Small Claims Track, and they just coughed up.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1255 on: March 23, 2015, 06:17:33 pm »
Zurich insurance. Don't mention them.
  Around 1992 I had a large warehouse style building inside which we kept two buses at a time for maintenance. To get to the yard you drove up a lowered section of kerb from public highway, over a pavement, about 200 yards up unmade road, through gates locked at night. On the warehouse door was a sign NO PARKING.
  One day bang. A coach hit the back of a small new car belonging to one of my drivers. Was he upset? Not a bit. I was very very surprised.
  It turned out that this new car was paid for under some "I've no money and I am disabled" scheme. It was parked right under the no parking sign whilst the driver went off to drive a coach for me.
The damage was fairly bad.
  Never mind, driver appears in another brand new car within two weeks. Had to borrow some cash so he could put fuel in it.
18 months after Zurich turned up and put me through 3rd degree. If I didn't pay God help me.
Needless to say they are still waiting

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1256 on: March 23, 2015, 06:53:04 pm »
Just typical of Zurich.

I managed to get the price of a new tyre out of them for my Daughter who drove into a pot hole in Slough.  They refused but I took the matter to the County Court, Small Claims Track, and they just coughed up.
 ZXZ

As they did when I followed your advice last year, and threatened them with County Court.
It was regarding the roof from the local school building, that smashed into next doors house, and took my garden fence and decking rails with it!    They initially refused point blank.  $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline BMD

« Reply #1257 on: March 23, 2015, 08:12:04 pm »
Reads like a standard initial brush-off letter. And the '2009' date demonstrates how little attention they've given the matter - inept, frankly. A quick enquiry would have shown them that the design wasn't even decided upon until 2011: http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=8424&doc=27652

And that line about the "walkway" and "sufficient visual contrast to allow clear definition" seems daft. The point, of course, is that after being drawn up the ramps, people are going to be raising their sight to the sea views, not paying attention to some block below knee level which has been positioned directly in their path (particularly if shielding their eyes from the considerable glare off the light surfaces of the roof when the sun is out).

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1258 on: April 06, 2015, 09:56:10 pm »
The sand levels are continuing to rise on the Rhos On Sea side of the pier, I suspect this is a problem that can only get worse as time passes. Difficult to tackle the problem effectively, I imagine.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1259 on: April 07, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »