Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408400 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1140 on: October 15, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »
That sticky post above 27Aug. gets me every time, keep thinking I have posted on the wrong thread...

Yesssss... it's confusing me, too. I'll de-sticky it  :'(
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1141 on: October 15, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »
That sticky post above 27Aug. gets me every time, keep thinking I have posted on the wrong thread...
Yesssss... it's confusing me, too. I'll de-sticky it  :'(

GOOoooooood.... $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1142 on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »
It's a stubborn sticky post innit!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1143 on: October 16, 2014, 07:15:30 am »
It's a stubborn sticky post innit!

No more, I hope...

:rage: :rage: :rage:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1144 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:51 am »
I believe the new section of Prom between the Pier and Porth Eirias is opening today.  ZXZ

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1145 on: October 16, 2014, 10:06:11 am »
I believe the new section of Prom between the Pier and Porth Eirias is opening today.  ZXZ
Colwyn Bay promenade re-opens on Thursday after the latest phase of improvements costing £6.7m.
The work, which began in March, includes flood protection upgrades and resurfacing between Porth Eirias and the pier.
Extra sand has also been brought in to extend the beach which was hit by last winter's coastal storms.
About £25m has been spent since the improvements began in 2011, said a spokesperson for Conwy council.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-29640376

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1146 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »
    The large stretch of sand in Colwyn Bay is already being well used by humans exercising their dogs. Virtually everyone on the beach has a dog with them and both humans and dogs are having a great time
    So, before any one leaps in and says ban the lot, consider this.  For every dog on the beach, thats one less that might be in Bryn Euryn quarry area. And thats a bonus, I am sure you all know why.
   I am a dog lover, always have been. But I hate the mess they leave behind. So how about this for a revolutionary idea.
   Actively encourage dog owners to get down on the beach in the Bay. I don't mean the nice soft dry sand near the road where youngsters will build their sand castles. I mean down by the waters edge, preferably when the tide is coming in. Maybe a narrow controlled area for the dogs and their owners to get down from the prom to the water level. There obviously will be a good old mess there, so make sure everyone knows not to go there unless they have a dog.
   Because,  its all very well saying owners should clear up after their dogs, there are a certain percentage who will never bother, and in time the good cleaning up owners will think "they never bother, so why should I." I know this happens. One lady on my golf course, which suffers daily from dog mess, stated to me quite seriously, in a pleasant manner but just stating a fact "You will never stop people letting their dogs make a mess up here." And I agree, she is correct. Wardens? You have to be joking, a stiff fine will only mean the dog owners might go elsewhere for a day or two.
   I know this is a rather strange idea and that it would get a lot of undesirable publicity in the press/T.V.  But from a personal point of view I would far rather see a selfish owner letting a dog make a mess on the edge of an incoming tide that in the middle of the grass on the Cayley embankment.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1147 on: October 16, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »
Maybe with a nice beach some people will venture to a dip in the briny.  They could get a mouthful, or haven't you noticed that doggy doos floats!
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1148 on: October 16, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »
  No, I had''nt. Not surprising. I don't make a habit of watching dogs carrying on the act whilst standing in the sea.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1149 on: October 17, 2014, 09:18:42 am »
Whilst taking a look at the new Prom yesterday afternoon, I saw this Shelter on the Rhos side of the Pier, just where the new beach is.  It's in a disgusting condition and has been filthy for years. It just amazes me that council officials and local councillors can walk past it without thinking to themselves, "I must get that sorted out". Do they not notice or do they just not care?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1150 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:58 am »
That cushion and cans were there last Friday ,these councilers don,t walk around

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1151 on: October 17, 2014, 11:04:20 am »
I have a recollection of that shelter being built in the 80s, at a cost of approx. £30.000 I remember saying at the time ...... >>>

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1152 on: October 17, 2014, 12:03:44 pm »
  No, I had''nt. Not surprising. I don't make a habit of watching dogs carrying on the act whilst standing in the sea.

I'm sure you don't.  But one should remember doggy doo is very harmful to children who will naturally look forward to a paddle or swim. 
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1153 on: October 17, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »
Whilst taking a look at the new Prom yesterday afternoon, I saw this Shelter on the Rhos side of the Pier, just where the new beach is.  It's in a disgusting condition and has been filthy for years. It just amazes me that council officials and local councillors can walk past it without thinking to themselves, "I must get that sorted out". Do they not notice or do they just not care?

The smell from within those shelters is gross, especially in hot weather.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1154 on: October 17, 2014, 05:35:22 pm »

The smell from within those shelters is gross, especially in hot weather.

Gross Nem?   Well, I have only been there 143 times, so I wouldn't know.... geddit?   :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -