Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408420 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1095 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:04 am »
In a nutshell, the beach is great and the skip is not! Beware all the dangerous features of the skip, especially the concrete blocks on the roof!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1096 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:14 am »
Thought it was me....no problem... :)    Ah your still there....looking down..

_))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1097 on: September 03, 2014, 04:33:46 pm »
Hey guys, here's tomorrow's Colwyn Bay front page. Story will be put online tomorrow lunch time, you'll have to buy the paper if you want to read it before then...

After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1098 on: September 03, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »
What is all this electricity for? Is Bryn opening a cafe or a blast furnace? Why have we got to pay for his business!? This really has become well beyond a joke now!

Also related to the skip my claim for personal injury is with Zurich Insurance following my fall over one of those ridiculous concrete blocks! I still have problems with my right knee, more antibiotics as it is infected again! The Doctor said it was caused by the cut on my knee during the fall!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1099 on: September 03, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »
I still have problems with my right knee, more antibiotics as it is infected again! The Doctor said it was caused by the cut on my knee during the fall!

Andy, I am not unsympathetic, but from what I have heard, antibiotics are becoming less and less effective for the Human race as the years go by.  So, to be pragmatic, I suggest that it might be prudent that any shares that you might hold, (for example, GVC Gaming??), you should immediately sign over to me...... for safe keeping, until you are 100% well again! 
You know it makes sense!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1100 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56:03 pm »
 _))*  _))* what a great idea! I'm surprised that I didn't think of that!

Offline BMD

« Reply #1101 on: September 04, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »
What is all this electricity for? Is Bryn opening a cafe or a blast furnace?

:laugh:

Large windowless section (too big for its stated function), huge electricity needs, strange planning decisions, secrecy. It's obvious to me what's going on. There's an unspeakable, unnamable lurking thing being kept in a secure vault inside the skip-shaped section. The electricity is for the force-field and the electrified walls to keep it inside. You've read H.P. Lovecraft, right? I think we all know what's going on here.  ;)

I always wondered about the original logo design (before revision):

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1102 on: September 04, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »
Here's the story on how £200k will be spent on Porth Eirias substation. No word on who will pick up the bill though.  http://tinyurl.com/puf34bz

Offline BMD

« Reply #1103 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »
Very interesting - thanks for that, Tom.

So, it looks as if the shocking £300K-£400K figure that was reported several weeks ago might be correct for the total additional cost. That's assuming the £200K is an addition to the £164K. But presumably CCBC is still not giving much away as to the details.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1104 on: September 04, 2014, 04:51:02 pm »
And Scottish Power just said "more than £200k". We don't know what the actual figure is...

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1105 on: September 04, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
Here's the story on how £200k will be spent on Porth Eirias substation. No word on who will pick up the bill though.  http://tinyurl.com/puf34bz

Thanks Tom.    CCBC are showing there guilt, by not being open with the taxpayer's, meeting's behind closed door's and now declining to comment and using the FOI  20 day  timescale rule , hoping it will die down.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, BUT...........

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1106 on: September 05, 2014, 08:29:29 am »
It's obvious to me what's going on. There's an unspeakable, unnamable lurking thing being kept in a secure vault inside the skip-shaped section.

_))* _))* _))*

Always wondered where F slept it off after a night out...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1107 on: September 05, 2014, 09:52:25 am »
 L0L  L0L

Offline C_jones

« Reply #1108 on: September 05, 2014, 07:44:21 pm »
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=142&doc=34097&Language=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Contrary to reports in a local newspaper "another £200k" of public money is not being spent on electricity infrastructure at Porth Eirias, Colwyn Bay."

Offline BMD

« Reply #1109 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:18 pm »
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=142&doc=34097&Language=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Contrary to reports in a local newspaper "another £200k" of public money is not being spent on electricity infrastructure at Porth Eirias, Colwyn Bay."

The local newspaper report was more careful in its wording than CCBC is here. It stated that it was uncertain who was footing the bill.

CCBC's press release is misleading also when it says that Porth Eirias is "fundamentally a coastal protection asset". There's no aspect of the coast that Porth Eirias protects. It is quite separate from, and superfluous to, the coastal defence work