Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408465 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #870 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »
   Oh, so thats what I am, is it?  I suppose I could say that I spend all my days in a highly elevated area of sporting excellence with an environmentally friendly arena of longer than usual grass.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #871 on: July 03, 2014, 07:05:48 am »
 _))* _))* _))*

...and hyperbole :-)))))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #872 on: July 03, 2014, 11:21:31 am »

Any budding civil engineers any ideas about this? I am completely baffled. Yorkie is a hoist and lower crane man in his time. What are your ideas?.

You hit the nail on the head, Mike.  Civil Engineering is generally below ground.  I was more concerned with going up than down.  Such as the Nat West Tower, Multi Story Flats, Hospitals, Office Blocks and even the Humber Bridge!
Can't help, sorry!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline peterh

« Reply #873 on: July 03, 2014, 07:25:41 pm »
The mystery of the outfall continues as a trench has now been excavated on each side around 1.4m deep for its entire length with the sand piled up each side. The tide has now come in and the trenches are flooded with then a probable ingress of the recently deposited sand. Why i just do not know.

It just gets worse and worse!!

Offline A.L.N. (a local nobody)

« Reply #874 on: July 04, 2014, 10:35:02 am »
Apparently one of the work crew lost a dental implant with a diamond in it a couple of weeks ago and the're still searching for it.
 :twoface: :twoface: :twoface: :twoface:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #875 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:51 pm »
Not happy at all! Went to visit the skip and walking on the roof, I suddenly fell over and landed on my face! I had tripped over one of the stupidly placed concrete blocks! Looking at the view you can't notice them! I have two cuts to my top lip, bad cut on the nose and a cut above my nose and I expect bruising to come! My sun glasses were broken and a very nice watch has scratches on it now! I have filled out an accident form there, hand written a letter of complaint as they have no complaints forms! The sooner this dammed skip is demolished the better!  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #876 on: July 17, 2014, 04:54:47 pm »
Not happy at all! Went to visit the skip and walking on the roof, I suddenly fell over and landed on my face! I had tripped over one of the stupidly placed concrete blocks! Looking at the view you can't notice them! I have two cuts to my top lip, bad cut on the nose and a cut above my nose and I expect bruising to come! My sun glasses were broken and a very nice watch has scratches on it now! I have filled out an accident form there, hand written a letter of complaint as they have no complaints forms! The sooner this dammed skip is demolished the better!  $angry$

Sorry to hear of your trauma.
No win no fee sounds like the order of the day, go for it.  Photographs of the place and your injuries essential.  Hospit attendance details if you went to A & E.  Good Luck.   Looks like about £16k to me with an out of court settlement.     ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »
Sorry to hear about that, ME. Hope things heal quickly.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #878 on: July 17, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »
So sorry to hear of your accident ,I did the same last year but was lucky ,last week we took a walk along there what a mess that walkway is like a jungle , we walked around the far side ( where the boats are). Someone had left a container of white spirits ,and 2tins of yellow paint open ,went in and told the guy on the desk , he looked and said it's ok the top is on the white spirits  :rage: 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2014, 06:42:14 pm »
Back from the hospital, superglue on top lip, black eye on the way, swollen bottom lip, our friends are witnesses, will be interesting to see the council's response! The doctor also advised me to take photographs of the idiotic concrete blocks and it is on record that I attended the hospital. I dislike the monstrous skip even more now it has attacked me! The chap at the desk said the blocks are benches to sit on! He also said he'd never heard it called 'the skip' before! He must be the only one!

Offline BMD

« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »
Sorry to hear of your accident, ME. I bet you're not the first person to collide with those concrete blocks. They are stupidly placed, at a uniformly low level, the same bright colour as the roof, and without any visual features to catch the peripheral vision. There's a lot of glare on that roof with all the light surfaces - sunglasses are essential I've found (making it more likely for people to not notice the blocks when admiring the view). Another failure of the architects, I think.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #881 on: July 17, 2014, 07:40:44 pm »
So sorry to hear that ME. That's all you need. Dangerous places these skips.
I can't find a photo of the blocks on the roof but these at the lower level also look a bit lethal.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2014, 09:06:16 pm »
I went back to the skip this evening to photograph these daft blocks, my blood stains were still there! You would have thought that they could have cleaned it up! As BMD said hard to see these blocks in the sun!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »
So sorry to hear that ME. That's all you need. Dangerous places these skips.
I can't find a photo of the blocks on the roof but these at the lower level also look a bit lethal.

I wonder if any part of the skip is fit for purpose?  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #884 on: July 17, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »
Andy.... keep away from the damned thing, it keeps hurting you!   8)
You attacked it first, and now it's getting it's own back...

Seriously though,  you look like a real bruiser with your 'trophy injuries'    ... and I would not mess with you!   :P
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -