Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408461 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2013, 10:42:38 am »
Many thanks for the compliments for this set of photos but I have a bit of a confession. I forgot the "wonder" camera that day and had to use a phone that I had received free with a computer I bought.
Most of the photos I took had a finger across the corner of the picture and had to be deleted! I had never taken a photo with a phone before and wasn't quite aware of where the lens was. Lesson learned, not very technical.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #661 on: August 24, 2013, 01:23:34 pm »
Yesterday's Express ran the article, whoever took the pic that they printed made the building look more like a skip than ever !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline BMD

« Reply #662 on: August 24, 2013, 04:07:43 pm »
Yesterday's Express ran the article, whoever took the pic that they printed made the building look more like a skip than ever !

Yes, it's had a lot of coverage. As well as the BBC and Daily Express, the Guardian, Telegraph, Daily Mail and even CNN have run stories about the Carbuncle Cup, mentioning (and including photo of) Porth Eirias.

The Daily Mail & Guardian used one of my photos (see below) - which shows off its skip-like qualities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401328/Britains-ugliest-newbuilds-revealed-The-monstrous-carbuncles-line-win-architectures-unwanted-prize.html
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2013/aug/20/carbuncle-shortlist-worst-building-of-year-architecture
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10252696/Britains-ugliest-new-buildings-named.html
http://travel.cnn.com/are-these-ugliest-buildings-britain-344726

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #663 on: August 24, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »
I was having nose around Porth Eirias today, I see vandals have smashed one of the windows in the 'cafe' area already and it is boarded up.  &shake&
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:20:57 pm by DaveR »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2013, 06:29:46 pm »
How long before this is in the eyesore thread?  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Linda

« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2013, 09:20:03 pm »
The whole of Colwyn Bay seafront plus Rhos beach were absolutely packed today. The beaches looked amazing when the tide was in ,full of people swimming and boating and ski ing, great to see!

Offline Paulakelsall

« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »
I was having nose around Porth Eirias today, I see vandals have smashed one of the windows in the 'cafe' area already and it is boarded up.  &shake&

Hello. I understand a delivery vehicle allegedly caused the damage not vandals.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #667 on: August 26, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »

Thing is, it's in an area where no vehicles can access? It's on the seaward walkway side, not the access road side.

Offline stewbow

« Reply #668 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:30 am »
Another wonderful day at one of North Wales's Major attractions :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #669 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:01 am »
I take it you mean the Beach, rather than the Watersports Centre?  The Beach is a fantastic asset to the town. Just a shame that we don't have a building alongside it that, you know, actually does something? Maybe provide some employment, attractions for visitors, generate some tax revenues...I know, it's just wishful thinking on my part.  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #670 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:33 am »
Just a shame that we don't have a building alongside it that, you know, actually does something? Maybe provide some employment, attractions for visitors, generate some tax revenues...I know, it's just wishful thinking on my part.  :laugh:

They have allowed a mobile catering (sic) van to spoil the general view so that one can, at least, get a cuppa!   :D

We must be grateful for small mercies!  Gosh, I'm being cynical again!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #671 on: August 27, 2013, 11:34:09 am »
I take it you mean the Beach, rather than the Watersports Centre?  The Beach is a fantastic asset to the town. Just a shame that we don't have a building alongside it that, you know, actually does something? Maybe provide some employment, attractions for visitors, generate some tax revenues...I know, it's just wishful thinking on my part.  :laugh:

My thoughts exactly!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline dwsi

« Reply #672 on: August 27, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »

Thing is, it's in an area where no vehicles can access? It's on the seaward walkway side, not the access road side.

Hit and run by a mobility scooter?  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2013, 04:27:21 pm »
It's possible!  :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »
More than !!
My Oh was sitting on a bench in town when an elderly chap next to him suddenly said. 'Draw your feet in quick--here come the red arrows.' Sure enough along came 3 mobility scooters in a line at rapid speed !! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.