Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 413912 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #930 on: July 26, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »
Today, I was informed by a very reliable source that all the delay is firmly at the doorstep of CCBC.  They apparently have failed to undertake due works.   The full story must out soon!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #931 on: July 26, 2014, 08:43:23 pm »
 Romantic restaurant with candles etc. what a shame there would be no sea view.

Would it be better with a sea view?

There used to be a romantic candle lit restaurant with an elevated sea view.  Called the 70 degrees. And we all know what happened to that

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2014, 01:37:33 am »
Romantic restaurant with candles etc. what a shame there would be no sea view.

Would it be better with a sea view?

There used to be a romantic candle lit restaurant with an elevated sea view.  Called the 70 degrees. And we all know what happened to that

I don't ..... pray tell?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2014, 07:33:20 am »
It was demolished. Used to be perched on the top of the cliff as you leave Colwyn Bay.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline A.L.N. (a local nobody)

« Reply #934 on: July 27, 2014, 08:28:37 am »
Why don't they tell this Bryn bloke, if he's not happy with it go somewhere else and then have a simple seaside cafe instead?

Because it's status building to be associated with a celebrity chef. They would give Two million for Michel Roux junior. It's about the councils' ego not whats good for the area. A quote heard relating to this in the "Temple of Waste"...... "This is not about the Bucket and Spade Brigade".    ??? ???

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:31 am »
I would have thought that a beach cafe was exactly about the bucket and spade brigade! What nonsense these clowns seem to come out with!  I see all the exposed wiring and pipe work is still exposed in the ceiling, ( I was told it was meant to look industrial!) an ideal look for a romantic bistro!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #936 on: July 27, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »
I recall the old restaurant saying about 'beware your eyes being bigger than your belly'. CCBC's eyes are certainly bigger than their belly, they are incapable of setting up any form of business successfully and I see no reason why they should even be trying to. The catering element of the Porth Eirias building should have been let out to the highest bidder, who could run whatever form of catering they thought viable.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #937 on: July 27, 2014, 11:42:30 pm »
I recall the old restaurant saying about 'beware your eyes being bigger than your belly'. CCBC's eyes are certainly bigger than their belly, they are incapable of setting up any form of business successfully and I see no reason why they should even be trying to. The catering element of the Porth Eirias building should have been let out to the highest bidder, who could run whatever form of catering they thought viable.

Whilst feasting on tapas in The Gresham this evening, my Mum said to me that 'my eyes were bigger than my belly', meaning that I had ordered too much food.
However, now that I am home and my waistband is BURSTING at the seams, I now see that my Mother is actually wrong.   NOTHING is bigger than my belly, and my belly is currently bigger than Port Erias itself!    (Burp)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #938 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:31 pm »
 At last a start has been made at opening the new beach. From opposite the end of the Cayley embankment to opposite the first set of toilets is now open. A good few dog walkers were on the beach this evening. Not sure about whether or not the dogs should be there,

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #939 on: July 28, 2014, 09:09:11 pm »
At last a start has been made at opening the new beach. From opposite the end of the Cayley embankment to opposite the first set of toilets is now open. A good few dog walkers were on the beach this evening. Not sure about whether or not the dogs should be there,

The dogs have to crapp somewhere, Mike, and with the promenade staff helping all the water sports folk at the Skip, and unable to chase dog poo offenders, no doubt the beach and water will lose its Blue Flag status!   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #940 on: July 28, 2014, 09:15:30 pm »
I noticed the other day that workmen were building what appeared to be a large LED sign on the grass bank behind the toilet block on the other side of the road to Porth Eirias. Anyone know what it's for?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #941 on: July 29, 2014, 07:25:23 am »
Probably a sign pointing at the skip saying 'Warning, money pit skip! '  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #942 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:19 am »
Probably a mis-spelt sign saying, "POO HERE" . . . . . . . _))*
Cicero

Offline A.L.N. (a local nobody)

« Reply #943 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:03 am »
Bryn Williams' menu board.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #944 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:12 pm »
Porth Eirias: cost to refit for Bryn's bistro is CONFIRMED to be between £300,000-£400,000.