Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 414238 times)

Offline Linda

Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:17 am »
I am repeating myself i know here, but I posted on the wrong topic last night, see the Kiosks. Glass bottles cans and plastic bottles and bags all over the beach last night, there must have been massive partying going on even empty wine bottles and boxes of emptys bud etc all over the place. What a great place for an evening stroll (NOT) let alone taking any little ones down . A disgrace hope its cleared this morn coz looked like it was from the whole weekend. Never seen anything like it up and down this coast. Even holiday hotspots of Towyn
etc . my father managed couple of holiday camps down there but never saw rubbish as bad. If this is going to be every weekend through the summer and hols(coz it was a lot of kids) bit of a shambles i think.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2013, 11:19:53 am »
Odd how Llandudno Beach gets just as busy but stays quite clean?

Offline Linda

« Reply #512 on: June 10, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »
maybe its because Llandudno has buildings overlooking the beach ,so can be seen more easily. Or its a Colwyn culture but having thought before the litter fines were quite high. Iv certainly changed my mind now seeing that mess again last night. there are no cameras or anyone to police that area. Its just left. All that money thats gone into this making it pleasant for locals and visitors. These councillors need to get down there at weekends and nice evenings. to see whats going on.We watched a big bunch of kids walk off the beach last night and leave all their rubbish. I couldnt believe it. Iv had teenage kids of my own so i maybe a little more easy going than some, but its just treated as a dump. Apart from all the underage drinking that must be going on, wheres the Police!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #513 on: June 10, 2013, 01:30:27 pm »
I wonder where the kids are buying the alcohol from?

Offline Linda

« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:00 am »
If you have a mixed age group then its easy. Just send the eldest. There are plenty of places in Colwyn Bay.
The beach had been cleared yesterday, but thats not the point is it? . The rubbish shouldnt be left in the first place and with no toilets open in the evening that will be another story. We have to have this area policed some how otherwise this Waterfront area that is suppose to be an asset to the Bay will soon become somewhere no one wants to go near. Such a shame.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #515 on: June 11, 2013, 10:59:09 am »
Vigilantes?    ^^^^
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »
No CCTV ? If not there needs to be!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline BMD

« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »
It's not too late to nominate the Colwyn Bay Waterfront building for the 2013 Carbuncle Cup. (I've seen buildings nominated that aren't as bad, in my opinion - especially when you consider the location of Porth Eirias).

I think several people need to nominate a building before they'll consider it as an official nomination. So if, like me, you think the council (and architects) need a reminder that not everyone swallows the cheery PR concerning the skip-like edifice, send an email with your nomination to Building Design magazine at: bdonline@ubm.com

That's all that's needed.

More details, and another recent Carbuncle Cup nomination: http://www.bdonline.co.uk/buildings/carbuncle-cup/carbuncle-cup-nomination-%E2%80%94-castle-mill-housing-port-meadow-oxford-by-frankham-consultancy-group/5055628.article

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #518 on: June 11, 2013, 05:56:55 pm »
No CCTV ? If not there needs to be!
On a beach, can you imagine the outcry on that one?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #519 on: June 11, 2013, 06:01:22 pm »
If no one is doing anything wrong then they have no problem?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Snack Kiosks on Colwyn Bay Promenade
« Reply #520 on: June 11, 2013, 06:51:53 pm »
only one kiosk was closed today,the one next to the pier.

Offline Linda

« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2013, 12:19:32 am »
I didn't think of the implications of CCTV covering a beach. Hmm! could be a problem where people sunbathing and swimming , infringement of privacy. I think someone like we had before all this work started a real live person walking along the promenade in uniform. I even remember talking to him only i cant remember what his title was (beach warden) possibly. Where have they gone as there were a couple of these guys patrolling during the summer months. Not quite a Vigilante Yorkie but we could hire a couple of beach buggy's to do the job 8)

Offline poppy

« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2013, 02:10:10 am »
If the place is going to remain empty for a while, why not let the local police make use of the building as a base for the local bobbies.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2013, 09:59:59 am »
..........Where have they gone as there were a couple of these guys patrolling during the summer months. Not quite a Vigilante Yorkie but we could hire a couple of beach buggy's to do the job 8)

Originally known as Promenade Inspectors or Seaboard Inspectors when Tony Mead was in charge.  I do believe that I read a report recently about a couple of Quad Bikes being bought to save their feet.

They could work late into the evening just as the Car Park wallers do, issuing "on the spot fines".
 ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline BMD

« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2013, 12:10:58 pm »
I'd like to see CCTV in council meetings, so we can monitor those who spend our money.

That might be a more cost-effective use of surveillance than monitoring litter-bugs!  ;)