Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 409037 times)

Offline Linda

Re: The Snack Kiosks on Colwyn Bay Promenade
« Reply #375 on: April 16, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »
Sorry i  wasnt talking about the kiosks directly near the pier I meant further along where the road comes out near Erias Park. That kiosk was demolished as the waterfront building was built and they were quite good there for teas and snacks, popular with the jetski folk and after it closed the owner was promised first refusal at the Waterfront, then the council backed down for whatever reason. We have been talking now about the Kiosks near the Cayley which are pretty good. :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »
Two years ago we had two teas at the one with the pink car, tasted awfull! needless to say we've never gone back! Erindoors wondered if the teabags had been stored over the winter?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Linda

Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2013, 11:05:40 pm »
We wish! we had the Costa weather, hope the sand stays there the tide has already covered it a couple of times. I don't know whats happen to the dredger we haven't had anymore sand for several days now. Think its gone to another job on the east coast , think we need more sand though for we were told the beach would be raised towards the Toad Hall and high enough for the tide not to cover it  &shake&  Maybe run out of money, There is suppose to be a WW2 battle on the beach at weekend isn't there part of the 1940s weekend. Think theres a little tidying up before then if it goes ahead.

Offline Linda

« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »
That was unfortunate, we had one yesterday it was fine though I did ask for teabags to be left longer as i like strong tea. I always say if your not happy with anything tell people then hopefully they wont make the same mistake again .We were in catering for years and always preferred folk to complain if something was wrong so we had chance to put it right, rather than have folk dissatisfied and not want to come back.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:56 pm »
In theory I agree, not always brave enough in practice though! Depends what mood I'm in!  :laugh:

Offline Linda

« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2013, 12:00:02 am »
That can happen to me as well especially if folk are really nice dont want to upset them. Though as i have got  older i am more aware of poor service.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2013, 08:45:03 am »
Had a coffee earlier this week in Rhos, sitting outside with the dog. We won't be returning as the place itself was distinctly grubby, dirty trays etc and the outside was full of rubbish. If I hadn't ordered before I picked up a tray I would have walked out.
The place was busy--- perhaps my standards are too high ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:26 am »
Where was this, Nem? First letter of name will suffice!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2013, 10:20:12 am »
Wonder what the hygiene rating was?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2013, 11:15:53 am »
Couldn't see one on display and haven't found one on the listings.
Not prepared to say where, but it is in a very prominent place -- and the muck wasn't sand. Lack of care more like.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2013, 11:41:27 am »
Couldn't see one on display and haven't found one on the listings.
Not prepared to say where, but it is in a very prominent place -- and the muck wasn't sand. Lack of care more like.
"If I hadn't ordered before I picked up a tray" gives it away a little!  ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2013, 01:03:26 pm »
Fair enough Dave.
Morse has nothing on you !!!!

Offline Linda

« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »
It doesnt cost anything to keep tables and floors clean does it. Maybe if it had been a windy day dust off the road may blow into shop doors along the front at Rhos. I have tried to sit out along there at the two most prominent cafes just to have someone smoking next to me, and with the cafes being sheltered it lingers. There is no excuse not to sweep and mop and clean the chairs and tables. Thats why if we ve had dogs with us the Kiosks have been handy when dry, I even ask  for paper cups , thats no reflection on the kiosk people, thats just me, do they call it  OCD . _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2013, 11:16:08 pm »
Fair enough Dave.
Morse has nothing on you !!!!

:laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #389 on: April 30, 2013, 09:07:40 am »
It doesnt cost anything to keep tables and floors clean does it. Maybe if it had been a windy day dust off the road may blow into shop doors along the front at Rhos. I have tried to sit out along there at the two most prominent cafes just to have someone smoking next to me, and with the cafes being sheltered it lingers. There is no excuse not to sweep and mop and clean the chairs and tables. Thats why if we ve had dogs with us the Kiosks have been handy when dry, I even ask  for paper cups , thats no reflection on the kiosk people, thats just me, do they call it  OCD . _))*

Agreed Linda, this wasn't just 'overnight dust' and I agree about the smoking. As for the tray we had-- I would have consigned it to the bin!  OCD  ???I often drink 'left handed' if I have any doubts. Cold sores are too difficult to get rid of !!