Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 413786 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1230 on: January 04, 2015, 02:03:37 pm »
A tragic waste. How can they get away with it?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1231 on: January 04, 2015, 03:26:17 pm »

A rhetorical question..... one that has reverberated ever since politicians were invented!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1232 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »

As far as I remember, this year, it will be 2 years since the place was opened and still no catering facility.
It seems from Fester's experience that even the staff are being evasive. What is being kept from the public and what is happening to OUR money.?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline BMD

« Reply #1233 on: January 04, 2015, 08:40:40 pm »
Re your remark Fester about the café or lack of it................ This was the scene at Pensarn this morning. The place was buzzing and the café was packed, both inside and out. he smell of cooking bacon was drawing everyone off the prom. People were strolling, cycling and enjoying the sunshine. Kiddies were playing ( one had a super battery operated car), dogs were being walked and the whole place had a nice atmosphere.
I rest my case..................again !

That's a great point. I always remember it like that when I was living at Abergele. The food was cheap, it was what people wanted, and there was always a good atmosphere about the place. And there's the little attached bit with ice cream and seaside stuff for kids. Even the smaller kiosk further along the prom used to do pretty well when open in Summer. No celebrity chef needed.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1234 on: January 05, 2015, 07:14:29 am »
And there is a third food outlet attached to the fair but on the seaside of the road. More a kiosk. And they have ALL Ben there for years and years and run by the same families, all completely happy business wise with their incomes.
 Of course, remarked ly, they have managed to resist every attempt to start charging for parking. Don't know how on earth they have managed it, but jolly good luck to them I say.
 I only hope this post is not read by some obscure financial parking wizard in bodlondeb.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1235 on: January 05, 2015, 09:10:37 am »
There was only the one outlet open yesterday, but it was packed. The one further along the prom opens again at the end of this month, again it is always busy, or has been when we have been there. In fact their scones are so big that we have to share one !
If we hadn't had bacon and egg for breakfast I would have been very tempted by the delicious smell of cooking bacon.
The toilets there have always been dreadful, but they were actually clean and far less smelly  :o
We usually stop there for a drink and to walk the dog, Rhyl isn't the best of places and I needed some things from Wilko, or we wouldn't have gone. We think our streets get messy, but Rhyl is gross.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1236 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:54 am »
I've always said that a simple but good quality cafe is what's needed on the Prom at Porth Eirias. It is not a remotely appealing site for a Bistro.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1237 on: January 06, 2015, 06:15:15 am »
Getting right off the subject of the thread, but in reply to Nemisis.the toilets at Pensarn beach are terrible, and have been for at least 40 years. I obviously cannot speak about the ladies.
  However, getting to the nity gritty of it, in the gents the urinal has a splash guard along its length, but the floor slops slightly away so you can imagine what happens, a busy summer day, lots of boys and men careless with their aim, and the flor is beyond description apart from the fact that it's covered with soaked sand.
  I haven't usedthem for years.. If necessary I go in the cafe, order a bit of food and use theirs which are always immaculate

Offline BMD

« Reply #1238 on: January 06, 2015, 11:15:13 am »
I might suggest to CCBC that they run a shuttle service between all the dysfunctional public toilets in the county and Porth Eirias's extremely lavish toilet, shower, locker and changing room facilities. The latter are undoubtedly state-of-the-art as well as being plentiful, ample and abundant. "Bountiful" would not be too strong a word. But they are mostly unused, unfortunately.  Might as well build on the Skip's strengths as a world-class toilet facility, and shuttle people into Colwyn Bay to appreciate that.

(Edit: I probably should add that I'm joking, of course)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1239 on: January 06, 2015, 11:19:16 am »
Are they free to use?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1240 on: January 06, 2015, 11:29:37 am »
Yes and good if it is a cold day. The heating is so intense that it brings you out in heat lumps !!!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1241 on: January 06, 2015, 11:35:57 am »
Is there free parking as well?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1242 on: January 06, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »
There was free parking the last time we ventured up there, but there are quite a few areas which are reserved for the watersports !

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1243 on: January 07, 2015, 08:20:36 pm »
BMD I was glad to see your ps note that you were only joking. Actually I thought you were just taking the piss

Offline BMD

« Reply #1244 on: January 07, 2015, 11:17:30 pm »
BMD I was glad to see your ps note that you were only joking. Actually I thought you were just taking the piss

:laugh:  :laugh: That's given me an idea for another souvenir postcard they could sell:

"Taking the piss, Porth Eirias" (caption to a photo of their extensive lavatory facilities).