Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 409126 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1125 on: October 07, 2014, 09:41:02 pm »
I still stand by my comment of a few months ago, more chance of Fanny Craddock opening a bistro there!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1126 on: October 07, 2014, 10:08:34 pm »
Merddin only ccbc live in cloud cuckoo land ,would you leave a restaraunt in London to come to a glorified skip ,ccbc will carry on wasting our money as long as they can get away with it  :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1127 on: October 08, 2014, 08:45:37 am »
Mr. Jones is absolutely right, the whole Porth Eirias Bistro affair is like a case study in complete ineptitude.  &shake&

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1128 on: October 09, 2014, 09:22:50 am »
Not good news about Porth Eirias....,the Bistro, or the famous Chef! 

http://www.davidjones-mp.com/no-personal-guarantees-for-porth-eirias-bistro/
[/b]

This is a continuation of Yorkies post above, read his link first, if you missed it before....

Conwy County Council under more fire over £3.7 million Porth Eirias
Clwyd West MP David Jones has launched a new attack on Conwy County Council after it failed to secure a personal lease guarantee from the company behind Bryn William’s planned bistro at Colwyn Bay watersports centre.
The details were revealed this week after a Freedom of Information Act request, revealing the bistro deal was signed by Shel Restaurant, a £100 limited company set up in 2013, with Mr Williams as one of its company directors.

The criticism follows complaints from Conservative MP Mr Jones about “secrecy” surrounding Porth Eirias, and public concern after several deadlines for the bistro opening were missed.

“It’s now high time for the council to be open with the people of Conwy.”

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/139178/conwy-county-council-under-more-fire-over-3-7-million-porth-eirias.aspx

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #1129 on: October 09, 2014, 09:33:59 am »
Merddin only ccbc live in cloud cuckoo land ,would you leave a restaraunt in London to come to a glorified skip ,ccbc will carry on wasting our money as long as they can get away with it  :rage:

I agree

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1130 on: October 09, 2014, 10:11:57 am »
Sadly, I too agree, why do they do it though?  &shake&

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1131 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
Tom Davidson' article in the NWWN  this week about "Bryn's Bistro" is a real eye opener.   How can CCBC be so inept when it comes to matters of planning.
It's not the first costly mistake they have made either, Maesdu Bridge being just another of many.  Won't they learn from their mistakes or are they just nodding Donkeys when it comes to matters relating to planning.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
REF. Tom Davidson DPblog

On site visit of Colwyn Bay waterfront + to be opened on Thursday.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1133 on: October 14, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »
"NB.  Salacious gossip about Fusion Reactors, mutant festering creatures or strangers in the night will be dealt with using every tool in the council's armoury. And we have many tools."

Who exactly has been showing undue sexual interest in fusion reactors (no need to capitalise as neither word is a proper noun), mutant festering creatures or strangers in the night  :o.

In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people who send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of capital letters.   For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the following statement:
"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
Is everybody clear on that?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1134 on: October 14, 2014, 05:38:50 pm »
 _))* _))* _))* _))*

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »
 L0L  L0L

Offline peterh

« Reply #1136 on: October 15, 2014, 10:09:16 am »
A new significant steel ramp has recently been installed linking the car park of the skip to a substantial concrete plinth built into and onto the promenade  that is around 800mm above the prom level on the Old Colwyn side. I cannot think what on earth it is for as it appears to link to nowhere.
Any ideas or knowledge?

Also again one wonders how much it cost and who paid for it!!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1137 on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:28 am »
Colwyn Bay prom ready to re-open after £6.7 million revamp

The opening of the stretch of seafront between Colwyn Bay Pier and Porth Eirias signals the end of the Colwyn Bay Waterfront Project’s second phase, with contractors Galliford Try wrapping up work to improve sea defences, raise the promenade and improve the “town link” path opposite the pier.

A £5 million Welsh Government grant was used to import 220,000 square meters of sand to extend the beach, while improvement works to the promenade and railway underpass to the town was funded by the council and the Welsh European Funding Office.
The project has cost £25 million since it launched three years ago.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/139435/colwyn-bay-prom-ready-to-re-open-after-6-7-million-revamp.aspx

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1138 on: October 15, 2014, 02:14:18 pm »
The rest of the place towards Rhos will be in the sea this winter if the state of the prom and the railings are anything to go by .

Any news on the Bistro to report Steve? Again if the 'garden area' is anything to go by nothing has been done. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
The rest of the place towards Rhos will be in the sea this winter if the state of the prom and the railings are anything to go by .
Any news on the Bistro to report Steve? Again if the 'garden area' is anything to go by nothing has been done. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hi Nem. Looking at DaveR's recent prom photos I did wonder, fingers crossed, it has not been a waste of time and money.
Nothing in print about the Bistro, after Yorkies post of the 7th.  keeping a low profile, I suspect after that revelation.

That sticky post above 27Aug. gets me every time, keep thinking I have posted on the wrong thread...