Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408534 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1080 on: August 26, 2014, 10:24:20 am »
Exactly what was needed!  $good$  But didn't a CCBC councillor say, referring to the proposed bistro, 'we don't want the bucket and spade brigade here!' Totally missing the point of a seaside facility!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1081 on: August 26, 2014, 10:26:18 am »
FA,   Putting aside the usefulness issue, we still have to question the expense of the project, past and future, you already agree that V.C. is "bleeding tax payers and is a white elephant" some of us feel this could go the same way.

Ask yourself if you had been asked to vote for a building with toilets/ showers /storage costing in excess of 5million with ongoing losses.?

I think we have to keep  questioning,........Their management to date does not inspire confidence.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1082 on: August 26, 2014, 10:29:12 am »
Spot on SteveH!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1083 on: August 26, 2014, 11:09:52 am »
There is also a major issue regarding who and who cannot use the facilities.  It seems that although the local Water Ports Club make a minuscule contribution, they spread themselves over the whole complex.  Maybe there was someone with a vested interest that was not declared?  However, it is being looked into.   WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1084 on: August 27, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »
Hi guys, I've tried my absolute darndest to get a full cost break down of Bryn's refit of Porth Eirias but it's like pulling teeth with Conwy Council. I'll post it on here when I can.

Also interesting development regarding actual leaseholder AND foundation costs not mentioned in certain correspondents by Conwy Council.

After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1085 on: August 27, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »
I am just getting the hang, of computing/the forum /and local politics, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating info.

Yesterday I was looking at the CCBC site, and found a web cam committee meeting 4th Aug. referring to Parc Eirias with concerns as to costs?..... also on the film at 10.59 the vote to hold the meeting on the Skip in private...Apart from Cnlr. Haworth who spoke up on tax payers behalf.

The meeting seemed shambolic and amateurish, and I think they had stage fright (TV) very scary, this is who is in charge of our taxes!

http://www.conwy.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/143816

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1086 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:50 pm »
The meeting seemed shambolic and amateurish, and I think they had stage fright (TV) very scary, this is who is in charge of our taxes!

The cabinet meeting 16.8.14 is actually worse. Stumbling, lack of preparation, incoherence, lack of direction and diabolical speaking skills coupled with incredibly poor vision mixing to produce adequate evidence that CCBC governance is amply justifying our opinion of it. Watching them flounder hopelessly it's little wonder so many were against webcasting.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:33:29 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:04 am »
Hi guys, in case you can't get hold of a paper today, here is the cost breakdown as I understand it:

Two weeks ago Conwy Council voted through extra funds to be spent on refitting Porth Eirias for Bryn’s much-delayed bistro.

Prior to the vote, £70,000 and £25,000 was already budgeted for outstanding kitchen and substation work respectively.

After the vote by Conwy Council’s cabinet, made behind closed doors, it was announced they had approved an additional £33,000 for kitchen work along with a further additional £38,000 for substation work, which will be shared with Shel Restaurant Ltd.

It means the refit cost will be £164,000 although not all of this will be paid by Conwy Council.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1088 on: August 28, 2014, 11:28:24 am »
Thank you Tom.... $thanx$

Offline BMD

« Reply #1089 on: August 28, 2014, 12:23:40 pm »
Thanks for that, Tom. It's good to get as much as a confirmation as we're likely to from CCBC.

The timeline for the confusing dribble of information from CCBC:

- At the big council meeting, two weeks ago (12/8/2014) the additional cost figure announced is £33K.
- Then later, only grudgingly from CCBC it seems, we hear a figure of £38K for upgrading power supply.
- Then the leader of CCBC mentions £164 as figure to ITV (13/8/2014) - not exactly clearly.

I wonder why they weren't clear from the outset?  (rhetorical question).

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1090 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:47 pm »
  In reply to post from BMD, I did a quick glance through and ----oh happiness---- Its only 164 pounds.

Thats not so bad, I can live with that.

Two seconds later and I come to, and obviously visualise the extra three noughts.

OOOhhh

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1091 on: August 29, 2014, 01:00:20 am »
Ian,  I am concerned that you have developed a stutter!   :laugh:

Ah... no,  now I see that you have made a 'sticky' post.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1092 on: August 29, 2014, 08:24:14 am »
 :rage:

Yes - noticed something was wrong when I saw I'd replied to a post that SteveH hadn't yet made...

I am just getting the hang, of computing/the forum /and local politics, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating info.

Nothing to do with you, SteveH. It seems I accidentally hit the sticky post button by mistake.  :-}}}

It does now, however, show my reply to your subsequent post and thus endows me with (apparently) a degree of prescience....

Sorry!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1093 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:54 am »
 $thanx$    Thought it was me....no problem... :)    Ah your still there....looking down..

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1094 on: August 29, 2014, 10:17:26 am »
I haven't yet been to this new beach or this 'thing' on it that you all complain about. I'm honestly not sure what exactly it is, but it's supposed to be nice Sunday so I may wonder down and see what all the fuss is about.