Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 414236 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1005 on: August 07, 2014, 12:21:07 am »
  I am forever conscious that "The pen is mightier than the sword",
 ZXZ

Yorkie, I have been pondering this.
Based on this well known assertion,  I have decided to challenge you (or any Forum member) to a duel.

The venue will be Maesdu Fields,  and I will choose the sword.   Thus giving my opponent wielding the pen, an immediate and mortal advantage!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1006 on: August 07, 2014, 06:46:51 am »
Yorkie, I have been pondering this.
Based on this well known assertion,  I have decided to challenge you (or any Forum member) to a duel.

You do realise that the challenged might email 30 of their mates - a mix of ex-bouncers and Royal Marines in training - to meet you before the bout, thus neatly proving the assertion?   WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1007 on: August 07, 2014, 07:08:10 am »
  I am forever conscious that "The pen is mightier than the sword",
 ZXZ

The venue will be Maesdu Fields,  and I will choose the sword.   Thus giving my opponent wielding the pen, an immediate and mortal advantage!

OK, I'll have a 007 pen gun!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1008 on: August 07, 2014, 07:26:46 am »
Or the popular AK47 Biro?

:o
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1009 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:40 pm »
Mail Online have picked up my visitor centre story. And also seem to think Conwy/Colwyn Bay are one and the same thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719302/Is-grimmest-tourist-attraction-Britain-Visitor-Centre-Welsh-town-ridiculed-workman-s-hut.html
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1010 on: August 08, 2014, 07:13:22 am »
Mail Online have picked up my visitor centre story. And also seem to think Conwy/Colwyn Bay are one and the same thing.

Well, it is the DFM, after all.  The regard in which they hold their readers is exemplified perfectly by the map with the huge red banner proclaiming 'Colwyn Bay' pointing to the same name on the map itself. 

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1011 on: August 08, 2014, 08:02:40 pm »
  Lots of things happening in the Porth Eirias car park (sorry Yorkie. Little room for your car---only joking). A nice small hotdog catering van, five portaoosa large mobile public address system, a nicely sign written van and trailer with some energy drink which I had never heard of. It stated prominently that it was alcohol free. I instantly lost interest, I don't know why.
   Lots of banners, cones, barriers, signs stating cycle route and arrows towards old colwyn, lots of fairly large cones out to sea.  It's all about to happen. Or so they hope

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1012 on: August 09, 2014, 01:03:09 am »
  . It stated prominently that it was alcohol free. I instantly lost interest, I don't know why.

Mike, my dear friend.... I have no idea what you are on about,  but I have to agree with THAT part!    Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1013 on: August 09, 2014, 06:29:51 am »
  Lots of things happening in the Porth Eirias car park (sorry Yorkie. Little room for your car---only joking). A nice small hotdog catering van, five portaoosa large mobile public address system, a nicely sign written van and trailer with some energy drink which I had never heard of. It stated prominently that it was alcohol free. I instantly lost interest, I don't know why.
   Lots of banners, cones, barriers, signs stating cycle route and arrows towards old colwyn, lots of fairly large cones out to sea.  It's all about to happen. Or so they hope

'The Eirias' middle distance triathlon is being held at Porth Eirias today, they must have been setting everything up for that.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1014 on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

A hot dog van  :o Oh tut tut---Bryn wouldn't like that !!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1015 on: August 12, 2014, 08:34:41 am »
Conwy councilers vote today on the skip if they give the go ahead for spending. £ 400,000 of our money on this kitchen ,  how on earth can they justify this waste

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1016 on: August 12, 2014, 08:56:43 am »
I thought councillors are meant to represent the public, I doubt if you will find a single person who would support wasting another £400,000 of OUR MONEY on this huge white elephant better know as The Skip!  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1017 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
Conwy councilers vote today on the skip if they give the go ahead for spending. £ 400,000 of our money on this kitchen ,  how on earth can they justify this waste

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what it needs is for a few thousand of us to march on Bodlondeb, harass our Councillors, get some Petitions going and generally let them know what we want, and more importantly, don't want.

I will support any action, but am now a bit too long in the tooth to organise things.

Do not think that any Councillor will pay any attention to things said on this Forum or the insulting language they receive from some other Forums and Blogs.   Actions speak louder than words!
 $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline alw

« Reply #1018 on: August 12, 2014, 10:00:31 am »
The Councillors have no intention of allowing more money to be spent on the kitchen, no matter what the officers recommended.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1019 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:15 am »
Let's hope so!  $good$