Poll

What do you think?

Are you 100% certain that the NASA Moon landings were genuine?
16 (66.7%)
Are you 100% certain that the NASA moon landings were faked?
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Re: The Lunar Landings  (Read 56528 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The Lunar Landings
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 09:28:08 pm »
3, Quite a significant number of NASA officials have come out over the years, and stated that all might not have been as it seemed on several Apollo missions.  However, due to an equally high number of convenient 'car accidents' ... none of those people survived long enough to give much detail.
Could we have some proof of this claim? I don't mean from nutjob websites, I mean from reputable news sources.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 10:06:52 pm »
Could we have some proof of this claim? I don't mean from nutjob websites, I mean from reputable news sources.

Which reputable news source would you suggest - or, indeed, are there any out there?   
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »
No Dave, I would have pasted in links if such 'reputable' news sources were available.
Such is the nature of clandestine and suspicious matters.

Whatever article I posted would immediately be dismissed by you as 'nut-job'  so whats the point?

Nor can I find a reputable newspaper that states that OJ Simpson murdered his wife and lover.... but we all know the truth don't we!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ludo

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:29 pm »
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »
 _))*  very good, and we know it happened because the story was once in the Sunday Sport, so it must be true!  ;D  But wait, no tyre tracks from the bus!...... :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ludo

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:28 pm »
_))*  very good, and we know it happened because the story was once in the Sunday Sport, so it must be true!  ;D  But wait, no tyre tracks from the bus!...... :)

I believe the bus featured in the Sunday Sport was a London Routemaster - which just goes to show, you can wait four and a half billion years for a bus - and then two come along at once....
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »
 :laugh: I wonder if you can see these buses with a good telescope? I've tried with my binoculars but no luck!  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:00 am »
No Dave, I would have pasted in links if such 'reputable' news sources were available.
Such is the nature of clandestine and suspicious matters.

Whatever article I posted would immediately be dismissed by you as 'nut-job'  so whats the point?

Nor can I find a reputable newspaper that states that OJ Simpson murdered his wife and lover.... but we all know the truth don't we!
But if a well known scientist died, it would be mentioned somewhere. Otherwise...maybe it never happened? How about a list of names and dates of death?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 07:40:44 am »
What makes me wonder about this (and I say wonder, not necessarily disbelieve), is that since that date no other person, company, or country has repeated the exercise.   I ask myself why?

Aliens warned them off!

Make your own mind up....       http://www.ufocasebook.com/moon.html

Did you ever wonder why the Moon landings stopped and why we have not tried to build a Moon Base? It does seem like a better and easier idea than a floating space station with no access to any raw materials or supplies? According to the NASA Astronaut Neil Armstrong the aliens have a base on the Moon and told us in no uncertain terms to get off and stay off the Moon!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 08:18:59 am »
From that same website:

"Milton Cooper, a Naval Intelligence Officer tells us that not only does the Alien Moon Base exist but the U.S. Naval Intelligence Community refers to the Alien Moon Base as "Luna," that there is a huge mining operation going on there, and that is where the aliens keep their huge mother ships while the trips to Earth are made in smaller "flying saucers"."

"According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchange:

NASA: What's there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

Apollo: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!"

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 08:35:36 am »
I thought you would like that! So many different views on this subject, fascinating! But which one is right?  :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:30 am »
When the lunar module blasted off back to Earth at the end of the mission, the event was filmed. But strangely the camera smoothly followed the path of the vehicle in its upward and then diagonal flightpath.  Almost as if someone was stood there holding the camera?
I do not believe that remote control cameras of today's standard were in existence back then.

And you'd be correct. The camera was attached to the lunar rover, and operated - allowing for the delay - by a technician on Earth, so - in effect - someone was holding the camera.  On Apollos 11, 12, and 14, on which no rovers were taken to the Moon, there were no pictures taken of the lunar surface ascent.  Because of the signal delay between the moon and the Earth, the camera operator had to start sending the command to "tilt" to the camera a couple seconds (1.3) before the module actually launched. He missed the ascent almost entirely on Apollo 15, got a lot better on Apollo 16, and nailed it almost perfectly on Apollo 17. If you ever see footage of the module ascending, it's probably from Apollo 17.

Quite a significant number of NASA officials have come out over the years, and stated that all might not have been as it seemed on several Apollo missions.  However, due to an equally high number of convenient 'car accidents' ... none of those people survived long enough to give much detail.

Not one single reputable and documented source has ever - to the best of my knowledge - seriously and conclusively disproved the moon landings. There are plenty of nut jobs conspiracy theorists who do, but not one scrap of verifiable evidence has ever been produced.  It's also worth remembering that some time after the Berlin wall fell vast archives of files from the KGB and the USSR government detailed the landings. Independent tracking stations in Spain, Australia and Chile also tracked the missions in their entirety.   

Over several days, the Apollo 11 mission visited several craters, and named them.However, when you look at the footage they are absolutely identical in every respect, down to the last little rock. Almost like a film-set, one might argue.

The Apollo 11 mission only spent 2 hours - not several days - on the Moon's surface (they were landed for about 16 hours in total), and - given the shortage of transport (no rover, either) - they had to walk everywhere.  I have thousands of the moon shots and I agree that once you've seen one crater, you've seen them all.  Impact craters tend to look very similar when they exist in a largely stable environment, without weather and where the light is constant and unwavering.

Fester - the reality is that the wealth of academic documentation, the huge body of independent verification and the results of both the Chinese photography of the Lunar surface which has revealed the lunar modules, the flags and footprints and the discovery of the USSR's archive concerning what was arguably the most scrutinised endeavour of all time relegates those who wish to exploit people's paranoia for their own financial reward to the deserved category of malicious and mendacious malcontents.

For more balanced perspectives:

http://www.space.com/
Wiki
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:05 am »
I thought you would like that! So many different views on this subject, fascinating! But which one is right?

I don't think there are 'so many different views'.  I believe there's the sum total of all academic research, the independent verification, the lunar rocks, given to most of the world's developed countries for analysis and the witness testimonies of all those involved on the one hand, and the deceitfully crafted fiction, designed to make the authors bucket loads of cash on the other.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 08:49:57 am »
Did you ever wonder why the Moon landings stopped and why we have not tried to build a Moon Base? It does seem like a better and easier idea than a floating space station with no access to any raw materials or supplies?

A moon base is exactly what we need, although it seems a space elevator just might supersede it.But actually an orbital space station is far, far easier and cheaper to build than a moon base. And perhaps that statement alone demonstrates just what a bizarre and uninformed site that really is.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 08:51:53 am »
I believe the bus featured in the Sunday Sport was a London Routemaster - which just goes to show, you can wait four and a half billion years for a bus - and then two come along at once....

Groan    _))* _))* _))*