Author Topic: alexandra terrace, llandudno  (Read 1964 times)

Offline hazel blue

alexandra terrace, llandudno
« on: August 05, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »
saw that there was discussion in the past about this address.  my grandfather lived at no. 22 in 1901 with his family and 2 boarders the Roberts.  the houses have consecutive numbers unlike most other streets.  did the puzzle of where alexandra terrace was ever get solved?  i intend to find the graves of 2 babies, born and died in 1901 from this address - Harold and James Leigh.  have to wait until the holiday season ends.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: alexandra terrace, llandudno
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:30:27 pm »
I think this would be Alexandra Road.  The numbers there are consecutive on each side. Possibly it was renamed as a "Road" when the extension into what is now King's Road was built.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: alexandra terrace, llandudno
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »
While I was in the Conwy Archives in Llandudno today, I had a look at the Burial Books for St Tudno's Church and St Hilaty's Church at Llanrhos but there were no records there for the babies Harold and James Leigh.   I'm sorry that I couldn't trace them for you.
The Burial Indexes are alphabetical so it makes them easy to trace.   One Harold Leigh was listed in the Llanrhos Burial Index and he was born 1908 and died 1985.  The inscription on his headstone was " Treasured memories of a dear husband" perhaps he was a relation?