Author Topic: Guided Walks for the Woodland Trust at Marl Hall Woods  (Read 2853 times)

Offline David P

Guided Walks for the Woodland Trust at Marl Hall Woods
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:46 am »
Hello everyone, I am a Volunteer Walk Leader with the Woodland Trust. This is my first year at this and I have put together two walks for this Summer. On 23rd July threr is a walk from the Lido pool along the promenade at Llandudno to Marl Hall Woods and back. It is 10 kilometers long and starts at 10.30 finishing around 3.30. Bring lunch and waterproofs. The walk is quite demanding and may be wet and muddy in parts, unless of course the sun should dare to show itself. The second walk is on Friday 3rd August and is a shorter nature ramble suitable for families. Again, weather permitting bring food for a picnic stop. It is around Marl Hall Woods itself meeting at the wood car park, from 11.00 to 1 pm. I would love to hear from any local people with knowledge of the area so that I can include more information on any future walks that I put together. To book on the waks please contact Kylie at the Woodland Trust on kyliejonesmattock@woodlandtrust.org.uk or ring her on 0845 293 5785. Many thanks, David Parker.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Guided Walks for the Woodland Trust at Marl Hall Woods
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:14 am »
 First class, very glad to read about you. Unfortunately I will not be joining any walks at this time of year, I SHOULD be up to my eyes in work'  But you will get plenty of advice, I am sure, led by Hugo.         Mike

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:11 am »
Good luck with your walks, David.

Can you please clarify where the Lido pool is for the start of your first walk?

Offline David P

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »
Hello Bri, This is why I need some local help. As you can deduce I am not local as I currently live in the Peak District in Derbyshire. I have early retired and my job with the Woodland Trust is a way to keep active and enjoy my life-long walking hobby. I have a lodge near Black Rock sands, Porthmadoc and this is currently a bolt hole for my wife and I. I have visited the North Wales coast over the years and it is my favourite place by far to walk and where I would want to retire to.
The lido, as I was told it was, is best known I guess as the childrens paddling pool at Craig-Y-Don, where there are also a cafe and toilets and free parking. It is opposite bodafon Fields and Farm along the promenade. Dave.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »
Thanks David.

If it is not too late then I would definitely recommend you change it from the Lido pool to Craig-y-Don paddling pool.