Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 218179 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »
Or at least I did have because Ive been really ill for the last 4/5 weeks including 12 days in hospital, but Im getting better now.

So sorry to hear that you have been ill Mike. I hope you will make a good recovery.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »
THANKS HOLLINS. I  Am feeling a lot better, not out of the wood yet but i can see the light mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2012, 09:25:35 pm »
Not out of the 'wood' Mike?
A golfing pun?   Nice to see you back on here, sorry to hear you were ill.
Even if you do 'Putter' brave face on it!

You have only missed two major things, Dave R selfishly switched off the PM system,  and we reached a consensus that the Lunar landings never actually happened.   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »
Hope you will soon be feeling 'chipper' again Mike
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:21 am »
hope it,s only a temporary blip mike, or how do i get rid of these darn golf balls i keep  finding.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:30 am »
Good to have you back, Mike.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:57 pm »
 >>>Thanks to all my well wishes. I am getting out and around a bit but I haven't  chanced driving yet--- one of my daughters is doing it for me. I've been driving for 70 years and this is my first long spell of non driving. Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »
Not 'Driving' Mike?    Yet another golf pun!  Well done...  :golf:
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:42 am »
Back on my 'hobby horse'.
I walked this morning from the road by the 1/2 way station over the hill as far as the top of the ski slope and back. The paths were full of sheep/goat droppings, but very little in the way of dog poo. In fact I only spotted 2 lots and it wasn't bright pink !! :o
I stopped on my way down in the car and took a pic of the notice by the car park above St. Tudno's. The other pic. is an example of the state of the path I took. Hope you aren't eating when you look at this ! :twoface:

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2012, 12:18:32 pm »
I wonder what's causing that ! Taken early yesterday morning. The other 2/3rds of the flock had moved on by the time we got the camera out.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »
OMG We are being invaded ! It is usually goats that come rambling down the slopes!. There seem to be alot more sheep loose ( literally) around the Orme that we have had before.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2012, 06:07:08 pm »
Surely it cannot be as bad as three years ago. I've had very little trouble on the golf all summer this year mike

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
On Sunday I watched a bit of the cycle race around the Great Orme.  I haven't seen any other mention of it on the Forum but apologies if I missed it.   The race was organised by Rhos on Sea cycling club in aid of Ty Gobaith and seemed to have attracted a good entry, with various classes.  The junior and ladies classes might have got around before the rain but it was very windy - I wouldn't have chosen to cycle round then.  The men's race had horizontal rain to contend with as well and from the torn clothing and bodies it was evident that a number had come off. 

Here are some photos taken from the bottom of the hairpins road.  Not brilliant photos - where was DaveR (sheltering in a cafe or photographing attractive young ladies?).  The photos don't really show how bad the conditions were, so congratulations to everyone who took part. 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:48 pm »
With regard to the cycle race.
On the previous day, I witnessed a hilarious event.

Just by The Grand Hotel, there were a group of cyclists whizzing down the road, and a car driver got completely baffled by them flying past either side of him.
So, he stopped abruptly, (possibly worried that he might run them down?)....he wound down his window, and hurled a load of expletives a them.   They returned the abuse.

I laughed to myself, but I laughed a lot louder when I saw the driver's dog-collar..... and I realised he was A VICAR!

Priceless.
Fester...

Offline DVT

« Reply #374 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:21 am »
North Wales Car Club is running a Press Day for the forthcoming Cambrian Rally - this will take place on the Marine Drive next Thursday (11th) with the road closed to the public from 10am to 2.30pm, thanks to Conwy Council.  There will be several rally cars taking guests for rides - we will be using the road in the wrong direction - from Rest and Be Thankful back to the North Shore tollgate.

The Cambrian Rally itself is on Saturday 20th October with the Orme stage taking place from 4.45pm - at the moment we have received 140 entries with competitors from such places as Ireland, Belgium, New Zealand, Jamaica, South Africa and Venezuela!!!

The event will start from the Prom (near the Cenotaph) from 8am with the first car due back about 4.45pm.  The event is the final round of a number of rally championships and, in addition to the foreign drivers, has attracted entries from all parts of the UK.

This is the 57th Cambrian Rally, having an unbroken run of being organised every year since 1956 - a record for any British club rally we are very proud of!

Spectators welcome and there are some added attractions planned for the Prom.  Programmes will also be on sale, proceeds to charities.  Rally HQ at the St George.

Further info available on www.cambrianrally.co.uk