Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 225111 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2012, 07:20:13 pm »
Masonic double yellow lines...whatever next!  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »
Masonic double yellow lines...whatever next!  :laugh:

They keep the Masonic Yellow Lines secret!

Got red Yellow Lines in the Smoke and blue ones in Portugal.   _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2012, 10:18:50 pm »
Absolute Bank Holiday mayhem again today on Ty Gwyn Road at about 5pm. Cars etc lined up from BlackGate lights half way up the hill and by the look of the traffic that came through the lights going up the hill when some obstruction was removed they must have been lined all the way down to the Empire. A helpful local resident ! from Black gate was directing traffic down Old Road once the trams were clear but nobody seemed to  take any notice of him. There's a yellow "enter this only if your exit is clear"box at Black Gate that most drivers regard as "please put your car here" box.  Re double yellow lines. There are planning notices stuck to lamp posts suggesting that more double yellow lines are about to be painted down Ty Gwyn Road and parts of Llwynon Road. Even if they managed to remove cars from that area to paint them, the existing double yellow lines are completely ignored anyway so I can't see they will make a lot of difference.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2012, 05:31:09 am »
Might be wrong but I am sure I have read somewhere that the Hackney Carriage rates include a supplement for going beyond a certain point up the Orme.

Cambrian, we used to be able to charge 10p extra per passenger to carry them "to a point on, or above, Plas Road." But because so few of us actually made the charge it was scrapped by the Council about 15 years ago.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:30 am »
Just been on the Orme with the dog and was amazed to see a new sign on the gated lane leading to the Roman Well.
Covered in CBC logos it is pink and shows a picture of a fairy. The wording is

" There is no such thing as the dog poo fairy"

Clear up after your dog and place the bag in a bin-- or words to that effect.

Considering the volume of sheep, goat and any other poo on the path, grass and everywhere I find this sign rather odd.
Naturally dog owners will bag it and bin it if their dog performs on the path, but particularly on there, one would have a job to search among all the other piles to find an individual one. My dog is never off the lead, but I was passed by at least two more which were running free.
At least there is now a bin which will hopefully stop the brigade who bag said poo and leave the bag anywhere and everywhere.

Still on the Orme--- perhaps a bin at the top of the concrete tracks would be an idea????? The volume of litter up there on Saturday morning was awful.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2012, 02:54:04 pm »
This is part of a new CCBC inititiative in which piles of dog poo with be spray painted pink. Am I joking...No, I'm not!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2012, 03:07:18 pm »
OMG What's that going to look like?
Also who is going to analyse and differentiate between one poo and another?
You and I ,as ratepayers, are financing this ridiculous waste of money.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:36 pm »
Agreed....  pray tell, what is this initiative meant to achieve?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2012, 08:24:57 am »
Not a thing-- the people who leave these nasty deposits aren't going to take notice of people spraying them pink. The 'paint sprayers' would be better slapping fines on the offending dog owners.

Addendum:-

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/09/12/private-firm-brought-in-to-crack-down-on-dog-fouling-in-conwy-55578-31815901/

Today in the Daily Post

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »
What upsets me is when people bag up the dog poo and THEN leave it!   :o

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2012, 08:41:06 am »
Yes I agree there Blodyn, at least any offending 'lumps' are washed away when we have heavy rain if they aren't swathed in plastic.

Offline Jack

« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »
Interesting that the Forestry Commission on the information boards at the entrance to their woodlands encourage dog owners to 'stick and flick' dog poo off paths and tracks into the undergrowth rather than pick it up.  This was because too many people were picking it up and then leaving plastic bags of poo around which was unable to degrade.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »
Now that sounds far more sense than employing someone to spray the stuff pink !

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
I have this dog poo problem ever day on my golf course?dog walking area. Or at least I did have because Ive been really ill for the last 4/5 weeks including 12 days in hospital, but Im getting better now.But, the dog poo. Ive been told by dog walkers, well, where can we leave it, theres no boxes anywhere here including child play area. I have tried the Council time and time again on this with no result, just apologies, we will send a man to see you. No man, or lady.So I am happy something is happening. Mike

Offline Tosh

« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:02 pm »
Most of the time the offenders are walking their dogs after dark.
Now that the nights are closing in we can look forward to those little piles most mornings particularly in Penrhyn Bay.
I wonder if the next time they walk that way they think, "oh dear my dog did that last night, I feel really bad about that I mustn't let it happen again, shall I pick it up now"
I don't think so because it is a case of out of sight out of mind.