Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 225428 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
glad to see I'm not the only mad one on the forum but the pug looks more like the lion out of the wizard of oz to me, the face is just above the figures showing how many views blodyn , if thats any help

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2012, 09:57:57 pm »
looked at the picture again and i must admit the lion looks like its been in the ring with Ali

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2012, 09:58:44 am »
Snowcap, thanks for the directions.  I tried it again (with my glasses on this time) and I THINK that I can JUST make out something that looks a bit like Martin's mop monster.  I was beginning to think that I must be suffering from the opposite of pareidolia - is there a word for that, Suepp? 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:57 pm »
This is incredible... all these different images and perceptions.

I have stared in depth at the pictures, and I can see a constipated dalek playing chess against a mongolian cheese-merchant with the most appalling psoriasis.   Z**

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »
a mongolian cheese-merchant with the most appalling psoriasis.   Z**
Are you sure you weren't looking in a mirror?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »
 L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2012, 08:18:28 pm »
 $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline martin

« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2012, 08:23:50 pm »
What a lovely day it turned out to be, so much so that we decided we would go for a walk.  drove to West shore where the sand moving operation was coming to an end, decided to give my wasted leg muscles their first real outing since breaking my ankle in three places in early June, by going up the footpath at the side of the old toll house, on my crutches.  I must say, to start with I felt a bit self conscious, and people did give us some rather amused looks, anyway, having reached the flat we were supprised to come across  two girls pushing a pram, I commented to the one pushing that their pram beat my crutches, she replied that this path was known locally as the "Invalids way" as it was the easy way around the Orme, so after that, I felt really well "dressed" for the outing.  Went as far as the park and back, did my legs the power of good, and not having been up that way before, we will most certainly being going back soon. :D

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:17 pm »
Glad you had a good walk Martin.  I always wondered how "invalids" managed the West Shore end of Invalids' Walk, obviously with great determination as you've shown!    &well&

It's only "easy" if you start from the Haulfre Gardens end - and then turn around before the steep bit. 

Fester, is  Z** the answer to seeing things?  Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong! 

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2012, 08:30:08 am »
I've always maintained that by the time one reaches the actual gardens either way, one is heading for invalidity! I love to walk to the top from behind the toilets, if I can puff and blow that far, but wish I hadn't when coming down again-- it is a killer on the knees! Ty Maes Hill isn't that good either

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »
The footpath from Pink Farm to Ffynnon Powell is going to be improved! 

Regular walkers along this path will know just how much it needs this.  The first photo shows the worst section of the path as I walked along it this morning.  The only level bit is right next to the fence, which is topped with a strand of barbed wire.  The path is very muddy and slippery and I'd been avoiding it lately, so I've only just come across the notice of the works.  The notice says that the path will be closed from 12 January till 1 February but there's no sign of the work having started yet.  While that path is closed, the alternative will be the path from White Farm to Ffynnon Powell (which could probably do with some use, as it's quite overgrown at the Ffynnon Powell end).

I'm not sure if I can take a little bit of credit for the work on the footpath.  In November 2010 I wrote to the Great Orme Management Committee (I'm not sure that I've got the title right), cc the Country Park, to complain about the state of the path.  In similarly muddy conditions I had slipped onto the barbed wire (despite being very careful) and torn my jacket.  Shortly before then the NWWN had announced that the Country Park had been awarded a large grant for improvements, so I suggested that a little bit of that could be spent on levelling the path before someone damaged more than their clothing.  Apparently the news story wasn't quite right, as match funding had to be found but that was achieved late last summer.  Work on the path also required the agreement of the landowner but it looks as if everything has finally come together. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:16 pm »
That's good news. Well done, Blodyn!  $good$

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2012, 06:37:09 pm »
 WWW Re Paradeilia. Early psychiatrists and psychologists, particularly with a psychoanalytic bent, used a Rorcharch test - an ink blot on a large sheet of paper which, when the paper was folded, formed a random field of patterns, splashes and spaces (try it). Whatever the patient could see in this was used to interpret and analyse what her/his state of mind was. It's quite entertaining played as a game.  8) {}{} 
Micox

Offline martin

« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »
I've always maintained that by the time one reaches the actual gardens either way, one is heading for invalidity! I love to walk to the top from behind the toilets, if I can puff and blow that far, but wish I hadn't when coming down again-- it is a killer on the knees! Ty Maes Hill isn't that good either

Nemesis - Where did you get the little blighter's on crutches from, very funny.   :D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:41 am »

Nemesis - Where did you get the little blighter's on crutches from, very funny.   :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php.
Here you are Martin, lots of different ones on here and dead easy to use.

Blodyn-- well done-- I always avoid that path in Winter, as I am not that brilliant on my legs I am terrified of slipping in all that uneven mud, not to mention the results of mud and a white dog !
I should make a claim for your jacket :o everyone else seems to manage it !