Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 224287 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 01:26:18 pm »
I always wonder why there is a Water Meter set into the ground by the Well?!

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 04:34:20 pm »
I always wonder why there is a Water Meter set into the ground by the Well?!

I have been told that that's where the water supply for St. Tudno's Church is connected. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 11:04:16 pm »
The laburnum arch in Happy Valley is looking very attractive - and the bumblebees seem to agree.  The arch may not be as impressive as Bodnant's but there's no charge to see this one. 

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »
That is a heart rending photo by Fffynnon Powell Blodyn. Thank you.  :-*
Micox

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »
I'm glad that you liked the photo, Micox.  There are so many lovely places around here but when one can access them without any difficulty it can be too easy to take them for granted and forget that not everyone has that privilege. 

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »
After dinner this evening we had a walk up to the Ski slope and then down through Happy Valley (via the wonderfully scented Laburnum Arch) and into town along the prom and then back up the hill to home Happy Valley was almost deserted apart from a multitude of rabbits. It was so peaceful and serene.We are just so lucky to be living here! 

Offline dingo20

Planning application Beaver Lodge
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 01:22:20 pm »
Has anyone seen the planning application for Beaver Lodge? 3 x new houses and a new garage and wider access.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »
 8) How is the water feature in the Happy Valley,when i used to complain as to why the waterfall was;nt working their reply every time was vandalism.Why not turn it of at 5 was my reply.CCBC not interested ,come on friends of the Happy Valley lets see if you can achieve more than the West Shore group. Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
The water feature hasn't worked properly in the last 5 years and I've never seen the cascade working. What a joke after all that Lottery money was spent on restoring it back in 2000.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2011, 04:42:02 pm »
 :(Just goes to prove that the town council have no idea what is working or not,of course their zimmer frames can;t reach that far.Lets just hopr the friends group get a little more co operation from CCBC. WWW

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2011, 04:48:57 pm »
On the Town Council website:

"The Friends of Happy Valley Group held their first meeting on Wednesday 4th May 2011.    Following on from the successes of the Friends of Queens Park and West Shore Groups, the group made up of mainly local residents, is looking to develop projects and attract funds to assist with maintenance and improvements to the gardens of the Happy Valley Area on the Great Orme.  Anyone can join a Friends Group and give as much or as little time as they want.  If you are interested in making new friends, helping promote the heritage of the area, and having a say in the management of a local green space, please contact the Town Clerk for more information on how to become involved."

I emailed the chap organising the Group about 2 weeks ago, asking if he would like some space on the Forum to promote the group and tell us a little more about it. I've not had a reply yet....  :-X

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2011, 05:12:01 pm »
Two weeks to say "Yes please."  Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »
The water feature hasn't worked properly in the last 5 years and I've never seen the cascade working. What a joke after all that Lottery money was spent on restoring it back in 2000.
So I walked up through Happy Valley this afternoon and water was gushing along the water feature there. Coincidence it gets switched on for the first time this year a few days after it gets mentioned on here? The cascade feature is still as dry as a bone, however, which is a shame as I'm sure it would be quite impressive if working.

It was also very pleasing to see that quite a bit of planting had been carried out to fill in the large areas of bare earth in the rockeries. What wasn't quite so great was that yet more of the beds that usually contain the summer bedding plants had been planted out with shrubs and perennials - yet more cost cutting.  :(

It's always a pleasure to take a walk around:

Happy Valley, Llandudno by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr

Happy Valley, Llandudno by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr

Offline Trojan

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 08:39:28 pm »
 $cool$

I'd forgotten.........

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »