Author Topic: 2nd.Colwyn-Bay Scout Troop  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Hans Wins

2nd.Colwyn-Bay Scout Troop
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »
Anybody out there that was a member on the 2nd.,Colwyn-Bay Boy Scouts Troop during WW2 under their Scoutmaster Geoff.Gostage. I was PL of the Falcon Patrol and later joined their newly formed Sea Scouts Troop. Like to hear from you.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: 2nd.Colwyn-Bay Scout Troop
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »
Sorry my friend, the 2nd Colwyn Bay were not my flavour of the month. I was a diehard member of the 3rd Rhos---and as youngsters enjoy rivalry we all hated the 2nd C b.  But in a nice way.
 GEoff Gostage, as you probably know, had the garage and car sales on the right going through Mochdre. He was in partnership with Quinten Hazel who, after they split up, went on to become a world wide success story in business. Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:47:11 pm »
GEoff Gostage, as you probably know, had the garage and car sales on the right going through Mochdre.
The one that was demolished in the 1990s and is now a block of retirement flats?

Offline Hans Wins

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »
Here I am again! I actually started my Scouting life with the Rhos St.Johns Troop,who had their HQ in the basement of the church but, as we lived in Colwyn-Bay, it was more practical to join the 2nd. Colwyn-Bay. Yes, I know about Geoff Gostage and the Mochdre Garage etc.

Offline poppy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:14:52 am »
Didn't the Gostage family have the Peugeot garage in Mochdre and isn't that still there? The family were heavily involved in the Mochdre scout group in the 70's.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:46:24 pm »
That's right, I was thinking of the garage on the same side of the road but opposite the petrol station.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 04:45:38 pm »
Yes, that's it Hans. The 3rd Rhos was the st johns group you mention in the chur h basement, it's the one and the same. So you defected? Unforgivable in a 12 year old boys mind, like Margaret Thatcher joining the Mineworkers Union. Never mind, I forgive you now LOL Mike