Author Topic: Llandudno Pier & Pavilion - Old Photos & Memories  (Read 77022 times)

Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandudno Pier & Pavilion - Old Photos & Memories
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:40 PM »
Look at the beautiful clothing and buildings in this unspoilt era...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

SteveH

• Newshound
Re: Llandudno.......... Pier & Pavilion - Old Photos & Memories
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
These pictures of Llandudno in all its glory are bound to make you feel nostalgic
Step back in time with these vintage photos of the North Wales seaside town.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2019, 12:43:21 PM »
On the photo of the earliest land train it says this:

"Plans for land trains in Llandudno, like this one pictured in February 1991, ran out of steam, but in later years a similar venture seems to be more successful"

Actually, it was the Police who refused it permission to go along Gloddaeth Avenue, thus dooming the project from the outset. Strangely, they changed their mind with the subsequent application.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »
At the moment I am thinking of dooming the project, for years the land train rang a bell to get attention, slightly annoying, but you get used to it, now I believe they are using the horn of the vehicle, numerous times throughout the day   $angry$   bring back the bell $good$

Blongb

• Ad Free Member
  • I love living in Llandudno
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
At the moment I am thinking of dooming the project, for years the land train rang a bell to get attention, slightly annoying, but you get used to it, now I believe they are using the horn of the vehicle, numerous times throughout the day   $angry$   bring back the bell $good$

It is only the driver of the Blue train that insists on tooting his horn at every opportunity, so I walked over and had a quiet word and things have now got a lot better.  clappinghappy
-- Now I can only sit and stare--

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
It is only the driver of the Blue train that insists on tooting his horn at every opportunity, so I walked over and had a quiet word and things have now got a lot better.  clappinghappy

Many thanks B.,   &well&    A quiet word was probably best, it was beginning to get very annoying, I have been indoors today with the rain, and have not heard anything,      so fingers crossed.