Author Topic: National politics  (Read 313324 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: National politics
« Reply #1125 on: October 30, 2021, 12:20:35 pm »
Conservative MS admits mistake over data sharing NHS survey
The survey on Sam Rowlands' website seemed to suggest participants' information could be shared with the Conservative Party, a breach of Senedd rules
It's not the first time this Tory has made a gaff,  just last year he spoke of arranging a peaceful lockdown protest on Llandudno promenade.
We're all in this together sounds more hollow than ever                    &shake&

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conservative-ms-admits-mistake-over-21997326

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1126 on: November 08, 2021, 10:00:02 am »
I wouldn't condone such an action but  the taxpayer is more likely to pick up the bill for removing the offending graffiti than the Tory Party.
Corruption and sleeze has been going on inside the Party for years but not to this extent.   From Cameron, Boris, Paterson and the others some outside reform is urgently needed to put an end to this type of thing

Mr Jones, from Rhos on Sea, who has represented Clwyd West since 2005, voted in favour of putting aside Paterson's suspension and reviewing the standards system.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/vandals-daub-corrupt-scum-graffiti-22096391

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1127 on: November 08, 2021, 05:11:46 pm »
I wonder why?  Does Jones hold shares in Randox, like Paterson does?
I always suspected that these Covid testing companies and their prices were a complete scam.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1128 on: November 09, 2021, 09:28:31 am »
What an example for a PM who cannot face Parliament when things go wrong!    Remember the Cobra meetings?
How come Boris is allowed  to walk around the hospital without wearing a mask?   Someone should explain why he was allowed to do so and Boris should also explain the reason too

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-boris-johnson-slammed-parading-25410257

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1129 on: November 14, 2021, 10:50:34 am »
Print, Laminate and keep in wallet or purse for use when necessary.

[smg id=4159]
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1130 on: December 02, 2021, 10:51:33 am »
It's unbelievable just how hypocritical this present Tory Government is and they seem unaccountable to anyone.    If the same situation happened in another country then the Tories would be the first to call the country corrupt.
So many bad examples in one party and the excuses they give are just a farce.    Cummings " he did it with integrity"     Johnson not wearing a masc in hospital  " no rules were broken "        Johnson having parties over Christmas with 40 to 50 people present when it wasn't allowed for the rest of us and then saying " no rules were broken"
That's without all the tax avoidance,  extra jobs,   Covid deals for the Tory party funders etc etc  it really does stink but they still get away with it           
       $angry2$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1131 on: December 02, 2021, 06:50:01 pm »
Because until now Labour didn't have a viable alternative leader.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1132 on: December 02, 2021, 08:32:37 pm »
This Xmas party scandal is an absolute outrage.
But Downing St don’t even want to comment on it.
Just when I thought my loathing of politicians couldn’t get any worse, this crops up!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1133 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:16 pm »
Once again peppa pig doesn't think he's done wrong, but it was ok to hand out £10 k fines to other people.  😡

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1134 on: December 08, 2021, 07:20:28 pm »

Offline BrianP

« Reply #1135 on: December 08, 2021, 09:13:50 pm »
Just what does the PM have to do before he has to go.? Enough is enough.

Offline DVT

« Reply #1136 on: December 08, 2021, 09:57:17 pm »
Just 12 months ago the first Covid jab was given  ... now look how many of this country's people have had not one,  not two, but three jabs to try and keep us safe.  Isn't that a fantastic achievement by the government to administer this along with the everyone in the NHS  ... oh sorry if that upsets you as I am praising Boris and his team.

All we hear from the other lot is criticism, bad mouthing, sniping and in cahoots with the media scraping the bottom of the barrel for scraps of sleaze.  Destructive not constructive.

The government comprises over 600 individuals ...wouldn't it be far more beneficial it they all pulled together to concentrate on the current problems, instead of fighting each other like two rival teams in a cup final.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1137 on: December 09, 2021, 10:02:02 am »
Just 12 months ago the first Covid jab was given  ... now look how many of this country's people have had not one,  not two, but three jabs to try and keep us safe.  Isn't that a fantastic achievement by the government to administer this along with the everyone in the NHS  ... oh sorry if that upsets you as I am praising Boris and his team.

That's only part of the story, the Tories were totally unprepared for anything like this pandemic.      So short of PPE equipment that they made lucrative deals with Tory funded companies without putting the requirements out to tender which would be the normal practise.
Did Boris not say "who cares when the bodies really are piled high in their thousands?" as he didn't want another lockdown
What matters is whether the prime minister delayed the first lockdown, and indeed the second and the third ones, simply because he is so ideologically opposed to the idea of them.
The vaccinations programme was excellent until it stalled and now it's on catch up mode because of the new variant.

Even the most ardent Tory supporter cannot deny that Boris is an out and out liar, in fact he's made a career out of telling lies.   The newspaper he worked for sacked him for making up false stories for the paper.   He lied as Mayor of London and while campaigning for Brexit and now he's lying about the Party they had at No10 Downing Street.      No 10 is not exactly Buckingham Palace is it and Boris lives in the recently redecorated upstairs flat so it's inconceivable that he didn't know what was going on downstairs
Lies,  sleeze, corruption and industrial style tax avoidance is rife in the Tory Party but they still seem to get away with it

One thing I tend to agree with you is that this Covid pandemic is more important than party politics and a committee of sorts from all the leading political parties should have been set up immediately.      The four countries of the UK should have acted in unison so as to avoid the irresponsible way the England alone has acted

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1138 on: December 09, 2021, 10:40:54 am »

Fair enough, DVT, but I suspect the amazing initial success of the Covid vaccination programme was down mostly to two things: the fact that we were the first in the world to produce a vaccine, which was the sole responsibility of the research team at Oxford. The other factor was the sterling commitment by the NHS nationally to deliver the rollout in such a short time frame.

Johnson, however, as can be seen from the Covid timeline, missed the first four COBRA meetings set up specifically to address the threat, went on holiday in Mid-Feb as the crisis around the world was gaining momentum and only deigned to finally attend a COBRA meeting on March 2nd.

On the Johns Hopkins world map of Covid deaths and illnesses, the UK is still experiencing more deaths than any other European country and is exceeded internationally only by the extreme right wing Brazil, and the larger population countries India, Russia and the US.

All we hear from the other lot is criticism, bad mouthing, sniping and in cahoots with the media scraping the bottom of the barrel for scraps of sleaze.  Destructive not constructive.

By 'the other lot' I assume you mean Her Majesty's Opposition, which currently comprises the SNP, Liberals, Labour and a scattering of smaller parties. In the UK the media, for the most part, backs the Tories, so if they're looking for issues around Johnson I think it's safe to assume it's the Tories who are leaking it.

I agree it would be nice if all the parties could work together  but that's never going to happen in a democracy with such an outdated electoral system. And the Tories have a long track record of attacking their own leaders.

Johnson has proved himself incompetent, lazy, a practised liar and a coward; and I would say we are not where we are in vaccination terms because of him, but in spite of him.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1139 on: December 18, 2021, 03:03:22 pm »
Brian Reade of the Daily Mirror produced an interesting Christmas quiz in today's paper.    It would be ideal for Christmas Parties or even an online zoom party.     
Tory supporters will be handicapped as they should already know the answers