Author Topic: Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies  (Read 61203 times)

Offline MrFalafel

Re: New £6.4m North Wales centre for Welsh food at Bodnant
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »
While the idea is a sound, I'm not so sure about the location. Why not put Welsh food outlets in existing shopping centres or next to supermarkets to encourage people to replace their normal everyday food purchases with local foods?  When you're doing your weekly shopping are you really going to make a special trip up to Bodnant to buy local foods instead of just hitting Tesco's as usual?

How long with those 30 jobs last if very few people make this special trip to visit?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 02:09:44 pm »
Not a bad idea, MrFalafel!  $good$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 05:45:05 pm »
Not a bad idea, MrFalafel!  $good$

Yes, good point.  ?{}?

Offline Dave

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 05:45:21 pm »
Bee hives in Asda car park...... mmmmmmmmmmm, maybe not.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »
Bee hives in Asda car park...... mmmmmmmmmmm, maybe not.

Yes, good point.  ?{}?

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: Cycle lane along the Prom
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 05:09:24 pm »
Having got my Bus Pass I decided to visit Colwyn Bay, I get these mad impulses from time to time. All the way down Glan Y Mor Road on the trusty Number 12 we were held up by a cyclist who decided it was his democratic right to ride down the road and ignore the cycle path that had been put at great expense just 4 feet to his left. On another occasion whilst walking down the prom minding my own business, I was shouted at to get out of the f***ing way by a speeding cyclist who only concern was how fast he could get from A to B. Whilst we still have such inconsiderate people using bicycles they cannot unfortunately be allowed to mix with the General Pedestrian Public. Good on Mostyn's for telling the Council no to a cycle path down the middle of the Promenade.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 02:58:21 pm »
Just picked up the Oxfam Unwrapped catalogue. Just an idea for the Betws-y- Coed new toilet block in these straitened times.
Page 13-- A decent loo for £50.00.
So, for £1000.00 there could be 20 new toilets, a phenomenal saving and ecological to boot !
Wouldn't hold your breath on the reality of it ! _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

Re: Build a bog
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 07:03:37 pm »
Can't be any worse than those on Bardsey Island!       :o

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:08 pm »
Ah now y'see that's the reason I've never wanted to go to Glastonbury, no proper clean toilets. I'd be horrified. aaa.gif
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline dontheturner

• Never look back, at your past mistakes
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 03:38:05 am »
Ah now y'see that's the reason I've never wanted to go to Glastonbury, no proper clean toilets. I'd be horrified. aaa.gif

Please, then I beg you, Pendragon, do not visit a Hospital in Thailand - the public ones,are all ''Footprint style''- and certainly not convenient if wearing longer trousers.- (unless you can chat to a nice nurse, and use the staff ones!)  dontheturner

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:55 am »
That sort of toilet arrangement is pretty common in many countries.  The Vatican still uses them, for instance.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:19 am »
Friend of mine once took her leg out of her trousers to use a 'footprint' toilet in France and promptly lost a shoe down it !! Don't ask why she took a leg out--the mind boggles ! ))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 02:52:06 pm »
I went into one in Singapore Airport and it was disgusting, all I can say is that I hope that the previous occupants were not in Singapore's Airforce bomber command as they would have missed the target every time!      :-}}}
The next cubicle to it was for disabled people so I went in there and it was spotless and it was just like ours.     D)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 10:28:23 am »
 :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:51:24 am by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
WiFi Hotspots
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 10:35:09 am »
The place to list any particularly good or dreadfully bad areas locally for free WiFi reception.