Author Topic: Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies  (Read 61228 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: New Book--Llandudno through time
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 09:20:39 pm »
I saw J.L.Reay in Mostyn St. earlier this year, with a camera on top of a long pole, taking photos of the buildings on the opposite side of the road. Maybe the cause of the poor photos?   :D

Should have got Birdseyeviewofwales to show him how it's done.  ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 09:24:56 pm »
I saw J.L.Reay in Mostyn St. earlier this year, with a camera on top of a long pole, taking photos of the buildings on the opposite side of the road. Maybe the cause of the poor photos?   :D

Should have got Birdseyeviewofwales to show him how it's done.  ;)
Yes!

Llandudno prom
by Birdseyeviewofwales, on Flickr

Offline Trojan

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 09:39:57 pm »
Mike Owen, the guy with the longest pole in North Wales.  8)

Yorkie

Re: Cycle lane along the Prom
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 07:07:43 pm »
How about a motorised scooter path as well?  L0L

And one for Segway owners, skateboards, tricycles, scooters (childs), in-line skates, bathchairs, even pedestrians could have their own designated path!     ¢¢##   *&(   $wales  $uk  $eu  $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
New £6.4m North Wales centre for Welsh food at Bodnant
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 07:51:04 pm »
I'm glad this scheme is finally approved, another boost for the local area. In case you were wondering, Furnace Farm is the set of buildings on the left at the side of the A470, just after you have gone down Bodnant Hill (see Google Map at bottom of post).

Plans for £6.4m North Wales centre for Welsh food

The Bodnant Estate will be at the heart of efforts to showcase Welsh produce The best of Welsh food and drink is to be promoted through a new venture funded by the Welsh Assembly Government.

Deputy First Minister Ieuan Wyn Jones has announced plans to open a new £6.4m centre of excellence to champion the industry.

The centre will create 30 new jobs and be situated at Furnace Farm on the Bodnant Estate in the Conwy Valley.

It has been made possible through £2.7m European funding.

The project will see 18th century farm buildings on the agricultural estate renovated to become environmentally sustainable, while showcasing local produce from across Wales.

Once complete, they will house a farm shop, a tea room, restaurant and a cookery school. There will also be a new National Beekeeping Centre for Wales on site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-11557846

glan conwy - Google Maps

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »
I do not see what the problem is with cycling on the Prom. The cyclists in Mostyn St on the pavements seem to miss most of the pedestrians as they weave there way along. I thought cycling on the pavement was illegal. It was in my day. I cycle on the road as is my right, and will continue to do so, even if I inconvenience some motorists. Of which I am one from time to time.  ::)
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
Re: New £6.4m North Wales centre for Welsh food at Bodnant
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 11:17:35 pm »
£6.4 million, 30 jobs, a tea room,shop,beekeeping etc. is someone taking the P.  ???
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 08:52:33 am »
It will give a big boost to producers of local food throughout the area, so more jobs etc created there too.

$wales  $eu

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:05 am »
I like the bee keeping;  we need more young apiarists, and the more we can do to encourage folk to take up this hobby, the better.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:38 am »
Oh I wish people would stop wittering on about a daft cycle track on the PROMENADE the meaning of which is to walk.  Cyclists use the road that's what it's there for.  They seem to think the Highway Code doesn't apply to them.  I was nearly mown down by an idiot going the wrong way down the length of Gloddaeth Avenue and how many go down one way streets the wrong way.  It's tedious and boring - every week reading yet another letter in the Weekly News. No No No. :rage:

Yorkie

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 04:30:47 pm »
Llechwedd - if it bothers you that much you should stop reading about it!      ¢¢##

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »
The letter in the Weekly News is always by Roy Spilsbury, I wonder he has any time to go cycling! ;D

Offline Trojan

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 05:30:37 pm »
The letter in the Weekly News is always by Roy Spilsbury, I wonder he has any time to go cycling! ;D

He keeps his pen & notepad in his saddle-bag.  :P

Offline Dave

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »
Must admit I have always favoured a cycle track along LLandudno Prom as it appears to work well in Colwyn Bay. Being a law obiding citizen I wouldn't ride on the Llandudno Prom if it is not permissable... but have to admit to riding on the pavement now and again ( although not down Mostyn St). I recently plucked up courage and rode along the road way alongside the prom and found it wasn't nearly as daunting as I imagined it would be. Mind you I have only been the once !

Offline Dave

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 06:44:58 pm »
I guess it's no more than the subsidy towards the canteen in the new assembly buildings in the Junction !