Author Topic: Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies  (Read 61303 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: The Seagull Issue
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »
Just come back from Town and there are a few 'hot spots' where the gulls are at their worst.
All round the junction of Mostyn St and Lloyd Street
Junction of Mostyn St and Gloddaeth
Prom--- near the Pier, near St Georges Hotel and the Pier itself.

I was only walking down the prom , not eating, chewing or even carrying food and they were swooping round and over me.--Not good for old folks and families! especially enjoying an ice - cream.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2011, 12:59:54 am »
Just come back from Town and there are a few 'hot spots' where the gulls are at their worst.

The worst 'hot spot' is near the jetty.  :laugh:

Offline pojo

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2011, 08:14:40 am »
Actually one of the worst spots is in Dolydd/Dinas Rd, a dotty old lady enjoys feeding them, hence all the poop all over her house & the neighbouring houses.

4 nights ago she was at it again & I'm not exaggerating but there were in excess of 50 bloody seagulls flying/swooping over Dolydd.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2011, 11:51:24 am »
Report it and get her an ASBO!     L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2011, 08:20:11 pm »
I noticed this seagull enjoying a Cappuccino at the Happy Valley Cafe on Sunday:

Offline dwsi

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »
This is a link to Aberdeenshire Councils Seagulls page http://bit.ly/nQNItk

and a seagull problems thread on the forum dawlish.com in devon which is their equivalent of the three towns forum http://bit.ly/rkuCcI

Offline pojo

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:17 pm »
I'd like to but would it be enforced?? I'm just glad we don't live next door to her, must be a nightmare when you've got washing pegged out!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:41 pm »
I'd like to but would it be enforced?? I'm just glad we don't live next door to her, must be a nightmare when you've got washing pegged out!

Any ASBO should be enforced.  If they breach the conditions they can be arrested.    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline hollins

• Management board member

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2011, 09:02:29 am »
Ha ha... its joined in the looting!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Tourist news: developments, initiatives and strategies
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2011, 07:53:08 am »
 The only news is Llandudno town council and CCBC are killing tourism dead.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2011, 08:18:52 am »
AN investigation was under way yesterday after seagulls died in a suspected poison attack.

At least three seagulls were killed and seven others needed treatment after the birds collapsed and started convulsing on Rhyl beach.

Initial inquiries suggest the birds died after eating poisoned chips and anyone with information was urged to call police.

A part of the beach was closed off to the public on Saturday for public safety while a cause was investigated.

Yesterday a Denbighshire County council spokeswoman said: “Council officers and council lifeguards had to deal with suspected poisoning of a number of seagulls over the weekend.

“Lifeguards and members of the public raised concerns on Saturday afternoon after large number of seagulls started collapsing on the beach in Rhyl. The gulls appeared to start convulsing and then collapsed.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/08/23/seagulls-killed-at-rhyl-beach-in-suspected-poion-attack-55578-29284489/

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2011, 09:04:56 am »
AN investigation was under way yesterday after seagulls died in a suspected poison attack.

At least three seagulls were killed and seven others needed treatment after the birds collapsed and started convulsing on Rhyl beach.

Initial inquiries suggest the birds died after eating poisoned chips and anyone with information was urged to call police.

A part of the beach was closed off to the public on Saturday for public safety while a cause was investigated.

Yesterday a Denbighshire County council spokeswoman said: “Council officers and council lifeguards had to deal with suspected poisoning of a number of seagulls over the weekend.

“Lifeguards and members of the public raised concerns on Saturday afternoon after large number of seagulls started collapsing on the beach in Rhyl. The gulls appeared to start convulsing and then collapsed.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/08/23/seagulls-killed-at-rhyl-beach-in-suspected-poion-attack-55578-29284489/

These gulls should know better than eating chips from a Rhyl chippy.......That's asking for trouble WWW

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:04 pm »
I saw this young Seagull in Bangor the other day making off with a flattened Coke Can - why, I don't know!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:55 am »
I have been watching a baby seagull on the pier kiosk roof this last few days, it has a fishing line hanging from its mouth and therefore must have a fishing hook lodged in its throat.
It is getting weaker day by day, and incessantly lets out plaintive cries.

Its very sad to see, as I don't like to see anything suffer, but there isn't much that can be done when they stay so far away.

Dave R did say that, if caught, it could be helped by a local vet,  but catching it seems nigh on impossible.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -