Author Topic: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno  (Read 137581 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:15 am »
Absolutely correct, Gwynant.

It is all about miscommunication.

It started with Fester and his statement that there are never any bottlenecks on one part of the pier and me ‘going out of my way’ to disagree with him again resulting in Blongb completely misunderstanding my point altogether and thinking I am complaining about all the crowds on the pier but then Blongb thinks I am accusing him of taking sides with one of the moderators agreeing with him so later I am being asked to ‘educate’ Fester and so it goes on.

Please remind me what was my point? *snore*

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2013, 07:57:36 am »
 :) :) :)

One thing that doesn't help, BTW, is when folk simply hit the 'Quote' button when replying, but don't bother editing the quote. Too often that results in the entire - and often lengthy - post being reprinted, with just a one line comment being added by the person posting. If folk were more judicious in their use of cutting and pasting the topics would flow more smoothly and conversations could be followed much more easily. I hasten to add this doesn't apply to Blongb or Bri, both of whose quotes are the epitome of sartorial succinctness :-))).
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2013, 08:09:42 am »

One thing that doesn't help, BTW, is when folk simply hit the 'Quote' button when replying, but don't bother editing the quote. ..........I hasten to add this doesn't apply to Blongb or Bri, both of whose quotes are the epitome of sartorial succinctness :-))).

Exactly! :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:03 pm »

doesn't help, BTW, is when folk ...... hit the 'Quote' button when replying, but don't .......often that results in the entire - and often lengthy -..... one line comment being added by the person ......... cutting and pasting the topics would flow more ...........much more easily. I hasten to .............to Blongb or Bri, both of who..............sartorial succinctness :-))).

Let's see.... is that how to do it?   YES!!!!  I have learned something today.  Thanks Ian!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2014, 12:21:10 pm »
CCBC are the main obstacle at the moment,how the lady at the North Shore protest meeting could sit there and tell us all that Llandudno was important to CCBC tourism was a disgrace.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2014, 12:49:17 pm »
To my mind there are two main obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno.

First it is the uncertainty and vagaries of the English Welsh Weather.

Second the lack of facilities or entertainment when the Weather is unaccommodating. 

Unless, of course, one is content to amuse oneself in any one of the multitudinous cafes!   
 ZXZ   Z**   $dins$  $drink$
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2014, 12:54:07 pm »
CCBC are the main obstacle at the moment,how the lady at the North Shore protest meeting could sit there and tell us all that Llandudno was important to CCBC tourism was a disgrace.
Agreed. It just seems to be cutback after cutback in Llandudno. I was looking at the Floral Clock yesterday - its full of grass and weeds surround it. Why bother going to the trouble and cost of installing such a feature if they are not willing to maintain it to a high standard?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2014, 02:13:50 pm »
To my mind there are two main obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno.

First it is the uncertainty and vagaries of the English Welsh Weather.

Second the lack of facilities or entertainment when the Weather is unaccommodating. 

Unless, of course, one is content to amuse oneself in any one of the multitudinous cafes!   
 ZXZ   Z**   $dins$  $drink$

Laser quest, Ice skating rink, cinema, Entertainment complex - Build them and they will come. Families that is. Unless Llandudno think that the old people who come here now are going to live forever. No beaches to go on, nothing to do. Nothing to do at night (Crap all on in the arena and theatre and getting WORSE every single season)  In ten years time Llandudno will be a ghost town, mark my words.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »
Unless Llandudno think that the old people who come here now are going to live forever.
Are we not all getting older every day?  :laugh:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2014, 02:44:35 pm »
Unless Llandudno think that the old people who come here now are going to live forever.
Are we not all getting older every day?  :laugh:

I definetley am! But the next generation of old people are not going to come to Llandudno, they've been too aquainted with foreign holidays. Llandudno has nothing for them and nothing for anyone else either except memories.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:54 pm »
We have been travelling abroad for holidays for nigh on 50 years now and had a great time soaking up the Sun or visiting the various sights wherever we have been.   However, I now think it is time for us to spend sometime looking round our own Island.   I would like to once again visit the places where we have travelled but never stopped long enough to experience the sights and pleasures on offer.  I want to go to Scotland again, to the West Country, The Lakes, Yorkshire and also my home County of Essex.  There is much to see and do in this Country, so we will have to brave everything the weather can throw at us, and enjoy ourselves as best we can.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »
Some pics of the Floral Clock, it obviously hasn't been touched for many months and is an embarrassing mess. That plant in the second photo is a very large weed, by the way!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2014, 07:25:43 pm »
I wonder if andrew Lloyd-Weber saw that weed yesterday,apparently he was watching Cats last night in Veue Cymru.Can you imagine what he would have made of the filth CCBC are leaving us with at the moment,i had not noticed the West Shore grass till today,how can any body thing of having a picnic on that so called lawn,why is nobody caring from town too county clls disgracefull.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2014, 09:11:32 am »
I saw this flower bed yesterday, it's just outside the Broadway Hotel, on the main route into town from the Coach Park. It's not been touched this year and is full of weeds. very disappointing.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »
I was in Scarborough and York last week and whilst some of the Summer bedding plants were still awaited it was amazing the difference between there and Llandudno.People are more likely to behave in a respectful manner in nicer surroundings so you'd think it would be a win win for the Council to keep Llandudno tidy.