Author Topic: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno  (Read 139272 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2014, 08:23:17 pm »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #436 on: September 21, 2014, 08:25:57 pm »
I.m still no wiser. What is the Pub Landlord? A T V show or what

Al Muurray is Pub Landlord whodecided he could earn more as a Comedian than serving pints.
 Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2014, 11:32:13 pm »
Al Murray is actually an Oxford Graduate, a Master of Arts in Modern History.

He used to have bit parts in many fringe comedy shows, however, his characterization of the 'Pub Landlord' is what he is mostly known for,  it has kind of stuck and become his trade mark.
The following from Wiki kind of sums it up.

His character the Pub Landlord is a stereotypical, right-wing British patriot advocating a dislike for anything "un-British".

You cannot help but laugh at his attempts to put the world to rights in a completely politically IN-correct manner.. Almost like a modern day Alf Garnett.
Last night the Stock Market, and that most terrible thing 'career politicians' were in his sights.  Just brilliant.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:10 am »
He didn't have a lot of material - just a ten minute rants about the stock market.
But he is a very witty and clever man who can rap on stage about almost anything.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2014, 12:34:11 pm »
I.m still no wiser. What is the Pub Landlord? A T V show or what

He used to have a TV chat show called Happy Hour on Friday/Saturday nights.  He'd interview three guests (asking the sorts of questions the likes of Parky would never dream of asking) and there'd be a musical guest/group who would be waiting in the toilets until they got called on to perform one of their own songs and then a classic Queen song at the end as well.

This is a clip of John Barrowman on Happy Hour - JB on Al Murray's Happy Hour (March 07) - Part 1/3

Poundland in Llandudno had one of his live DVDs last week so if you want a cheap introduction try there.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #440 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »
I see from a leaflet I got given in Llandudno the other day that RHYL has just opened a brand new purpose built laser quest - 3 games for a tenner is competitively priced as well.

So in the next few weekends we shall be going from Llandudno to Rhyl on a day out.

Llandudno 0.1 Rhyl

Offline Dave

« Reply #441 on: September 24, 2014, 03:32:43 pm »
I see from a leaflet I got given in Llandudno the other day that RHYL has just opened a brand new purpose built laser quest - 3 games for a tenner is competitively priced as well.

So in the next few weekends we shall be going from Llandudno to Rhyl on a day out.

Llandudno 0.1 Rhyl

I appreciate that the title of the thread is tourism in Llandudno but surely we should look at the bigger picture and not just think about keeping people in Llandudno. As a tourist I wouldn't want to spend a whole week in Llandudno but I would choose to stay here above most places along the coast.
As a side, there is also the Paintball place in St George,Abergele. It's excellent and they give you 20% discount with your Conwy card I believe.( Didn't consider looking  until after I shelled out £100+ :o)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #442 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »
I prefer lasers they don't hurt as much  L0L

The point about the coast is a good one tbf when we go to Cornwall we stay in Perrenporth but go to about 8 or more different towns in the week

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:36 pm »
Out of the tickets issued 954 were for littering, three for dog fouling and 12 were for dog control issues.
A total of 65 per cent of fixed penalty notices issues are paid without further intervention, whilst a percentage of the remaining 35 per cent are listed before the court."
19/09/14 - Less litter on Conwy's streets
Wales is getting cleaner and Conwy continues to see an improvement in cleanliness with a reduction in litter and dog fouling, according to the All Wales Annual LEAMS Report 2013/14 published today by Keep Wales Tidy.

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=142&doc=35492&Language=1

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:45:08 pm by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2014, 09:24:32 pm »
I don't believe a WORD of it!

They can come on the pier any day of the week, and count the piles of dog turds.

I can assure you that there has been no discernible reduction in their number, and its DISGUSTING!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #445 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »
He didn't have a lot of material - just a ten minute rants about the stock market.
But he is a very witty and clever man who can rap on stage about almost anything.

Just wondered into the canteen and saw that empty head Nick Clegg quoting an Al Murray skit about Britain.
Seems like even those in high power hardly realize he's a SPOOF taking the mickey out of chest pumping patriotic idiots not an advocate of them. &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #446 on: October 20, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »
Going back to littering and I might add, I am very against and pro any measure that stops it, I did wonder if my attitude might change had someone issued me with a fine today. I was parked in town and noticed that the gap between my windscreen and car bonnet was full of leaves and sycamore "helicopters" that the car had collected when parked elsewhere and I couldn't use the washers. I scraped them all off and in to the gutter but suddenly thought to my self  "Am I littering ?". It's autumn and leaves are falling everywhere but you do wonder !

Offline SteveH

« Reply #447 on: October 20, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »
Going back to littering and I might add, I am very against and pro any measure that stops it, I did wonder if my attitude might change had someone issued me with a fine today. I was parked in town and noticed that the gap between my windscreen and car bonnet was full of leaves and sycamore "helicopters" that the car had collected when parked elsewhere and I couldn't use the washers. I scraped them all off and in to the gutter but suddenly thought to my self  "Am I littering ?". It's autumn and leaves are falling everywhere but you do wonder !

It is getting like that....I find myself counting sugar sachets and rolling them into a ball, when having a drink outside, just in case one blows onto the pavement, I do not want to give them the satisfaction...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #448 on: October 20, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »
As far as leaves are concerned, it wont be long before the Council will be forcing tree owners to collect all fallen leaves, place them in bio- degradable sacks and have them sent to the recycling centre for compost making.

_))*  _))*  _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

« Reply #449 on: October 20, 2014, 05:02:52 pm »
As far as leaves are concerned, it wont be long before the Council will be forcing tree owners to collect all fallen leaves,lace them in bio- degradable sacks and have them sent to the recycling centre for compost making.

_))*  _))*  _))*
Have they got an app for that..... :D