Author Topic: North Shore issues  (Read 26308 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: North Shore issues
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:43 pm »
At least the Town Council are making good use of the Prom to cycle to meetings on....

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »
 _))* _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »
Is there going to be some one monitoring the cycle traffic on the prom. in the summer or will they just wait for reports of accidents from ambulance control?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »
CCBC employ Promenade Inspectors who deal with Dog (not dogging) problems, Bye-laws, Deck Chairs, Boat Launching and Cycling.  They have been doing so for many years.    ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 01:13:47 pm »
Yes, their role is to sit in deck chairs watching people cycle past. Well, that's what they did last year...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:25 pm »
Just indicates the poor management of the Harbour Master's Department!    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 03:20:33 pm »
Are CCBC going to have somebody monitoring every road to make sure nobody opens their door straight into a cyclist,NO.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:07 pm »
Yes, their role is to sit in deck chairs watching people cycle past. Well, that's what they did last year...

And watch unleashed dogs on the beach! Dogs aren't even allowed there in summer.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re:proposed new life boat station
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 10:55:10 am »
New Llandudno lifeboat station set for promenade

It will mean an end to Llandudno's lifeboat being towed through the Conwy town when it is called out - and could save vital minutes to the launch time.
Conwy council has agreed to plans to site the new station at Craig-y-Don.

The station will house a new 25-knot Shannon-class all weather boat and a D-class inshore lifeboat.
The new boat is too large for the old station on Lloyd Street, where the RNLI's current boat has to be towed by a tractor through Llandudno to launch on North Shore.

The decision has been warmly welcomed by the 60-strong RNLI team and charity officials in the Victorian seaside resort.
Matt Crofts, divisional operations manager for north Wales, said the new station would allow the team to "continue providing an efficient life-saving service to mariners and those using the local waters and coastline for many years to come."
Mr Crofts also thanked the large number of people who had supported their planning application.
The decision comes after plans for a lifeboat station closer to the pier failed to win approval.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-29150636

Offline Ceedoubleu

The north shore
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »
Hello, I see quite a few posts on Facebook about the "disaster" on the north shore as a result of the ballast dumped there. Can somebody please tell me what the situation actually is? I'm a long way away so cannot visit.

Offline SteveH

Re: The north shore
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »
Hello, I see quite a few posts on Facebook about the "disaster" on the north shore as a result of the ballast dumped there. Can somebody please tell me what the situation actually is? I'm a long way away so cannot visit.
Hi C.  Most of the story is in the "What's Llandudno like right now" and "North shore Issues" threads. Good luck

Offline Hugo

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »
I saw this photo and thought that I'd post it on here.   I'm old enough to remember those beach huts but not all of them, just the ones that were by the Cae Mor Hotel ( next to Venue Cymru )
As for the steps, will they ever emerge from beneath the tons and tons of quarry rubble?       &shake&

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:11 pm »
I saw this photo and thought that I'd post it on here.   I'm old enough to remember those beach huts but not all of them, just the ones that were by the Cae Mor Hotel ( next to Venue Cymru )
As for the steps, will they ever emerge from beneath the tons and tons of quarry rubble?       &shake&

I can remember counting up to 19 steps from the promenade down to the Beach. Ask all visitors to adopt a stone and take it home with them, that way the beach should be cleared in about 3 years. {}{}
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:21 am »
While on my daily bike ride (weather permitting *cycle*) I have noticed a van parked on the Prom by Dylan's with "Survey Ops, special projects etc"   on it on a couple of mornings. It was there this morning and a couple of guys were down on the beach at the tideline opposite the Hydro, (it was about 0830 and the tide was about two thirds out), with theodolites measuring. When I reached the West Shore prom there was also a couple of guys in high-vis jackets also on the tide line on the channel with measuring equipment, opposite the Lilley.
        Is there another feasibility project in progress at the moment and will it include restoring a decent beach on the North Shore and  some sort of  scheme to prevent the sand build-up on the West Shore residential area?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2019, 11:25:23 am »
While on my daily bike ride, I have noticed a van parked on the Prom by Dylan's with "Survey Ops, special projects etc"   on it on a couple of mornings. It was there this morning and a couple of guys were down on the beach at the tideline opposite the Hydro, (it was about 0830 and the tide was about two thirds out), with theodolites measuring. When I reached the West Shore prom there was also a couple of guys in high-vis jackets also on the tide line on the channel with measuring equipment, opposite the Lilley.
        Is there another feasibility project in progress at the moment and will it include restoring a decent beach on the North Shore and  some sort of  scheme to prevent the sand build-up on the West Shore residential area?

I believe it is part of the feasibility project party's contract, to do research within 200 meters of a pub, which might account for some of the  plans suggested.       &shake&