Author Topic: Speed camera information  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Speed camera information
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:18:52 am »
I found this on a car forum that I go on, interesting!

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the limit, it is registered onto a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn't know), if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done at 54 mph in a 50 mph limit area, whilst others doing 59 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

Just enter your car registration and if there is any data on your vehicle, you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Speed camera information
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:30:47 am »
Yeah---quite !! _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:21:26 am »
nice one ME.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:50:07 pm »
After Quasimodo's death, the Archbishop of Paris at the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed.

The Archbishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin what he thought would be a long  screening process.

After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day and would offer prayers for more success the next day.

Just then, an armless man approached him and falling flat on his face announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer's job. The bishop was incredulous.

'But man you have no arms !'

'No matter,' said the man. 'Observe my technique!'

And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the massive carillon.
The Archbishop listened in astonishment; convinced he had finally found a replacement for Quasimodo.

But suddenly, as he rushed forward to strike the final bell, the armless man tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below.

The stunned Archbishop rushed down the two hundred and ninety five  steps of the bell tower.  When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the disfiggered fallen figure.  They had been drawn to the Cathedral,  by the beautiful music they had heard only moment before  from the melodious bells.

They silently parted to let the Archbishop through and one of them asked,

'Archbishop, who was this man ?'..

'I don't know his name,' the bishop sadly replied,

' BUT HIS FACE RINGS A BELL'

WAIT ! WAIT ! There's more

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the Archbishop continued his interviews for the new bell ringer of Notre Dame Cathedral.

The first man to approach him said, 'Your Excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch that fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday.

I pray that you honour his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty.'

The Archbishop agreed to give the man an audition, and, as the armless man's brother stooped to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died before he hit the floor.

Two monks who were saying their Mattins, hearing the Archbishop's cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side.

'What has happened ? Who is this man ?' the first monk asked breathlessly.

'I don't know his name,' sighed the distraught bishop, 'but....'

Scroll down if you dare!!!!!!!!

'HE'S A DEAD RINGER FOR HIS BROTHER.'

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:39:30 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 08:48:15 am »
Perhaps the first man knew he had to face the music .