Author Topic: A55 problems and alternatives  (Read 58351 times)

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
Re: A55 problems and alternatives
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 03:59:05 pm »
I stand 'Corrected'   :'(
Dictum Meum Pactum

brumbob

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:04 pm »
Hey, I'm no zoologist, you can only believe so much of what you read.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 04:06:11 pm »
Hey, I'm no zoologist, you can only believe so much of what you read.

Glad you've had those windscreen wipers fixed Bob.

brumbob

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 04:19:26 pm »
It was peeing down here today  :P but sunny now, must turn them off

brumbob

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 05:08:12 pm »
Neil Sterio from the Highways Agency stated that the resurfacing work is due to be finished on Friday, March 18.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 06:29:42 pm »
I have to drive through these roadworks four times a day and it's becoming very frustrating. I do understand though that work has to be carried out and it's a minor comfort to see that there is lots of work going on each time I pass. There's nothing more anoying than driving through three miles of cones without seeing any signs of the work being carried out!

On my first trip out this morning I noticed a sign on the east bound carriageway saying "work starts here on 21st March". Happy days!

brumbob

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 07:32:45 pm »
On my first trip out this morning I noticed a sign on the east bound carriageway saying "work starts here on 21st March". Happy days!
It's like the Forth bridge :o

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »
I had to go to Ruthin today and I was pleased to see that the Llanddulas road works had been completed   :)   but this was only short lived as I met road works outside of Abergele and had to put up with a short delay.   :(
Coming home though at 5.30pm the hold ups on the eastbound carriageway were horrific with traffic two abrest as far back as Llanddulas. I feel sorry for anyone that has to travel past there at peak time.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »
And even worse to come. Cones about to hit the 55 around Old Colwyn/Colwyn Bay

brumbob

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 11:53:20 pm »
We need these people maintaining our roads

The Japanese road repaired SIX days after it was destroyed by quake

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369307/Japan-tsunami-earthquake-Road-repaired-SIX-days-destroyed.html#ixzz1HTC3VR3f

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2011, 05:48:07 pm »
Please could someone advise me the best way to get from Flint to Llandudno (avoiding the problems on the A55)

Dave mentioned something about going via Bryn Y Maen,  and back roads...could he, or others elaborate?

I have a builder travelling down from Flint and back each day ... its taking forever, and driving him mad, and my costs UP !

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2011, 06:25:38 pm »
When I went on the A55 to Wrexham yesterday I noticed  the westbound traffic tail back started around Bodelwyddan and was clear again at Llanddulas.  I think a possible route therefore (and I shall be trying this one for myself tomorrow) is to come off the A55 at J27/J27a St Asaph and take the B5381 via Glascoed until it reaches the A548 to Abergele. Head into Abergele and take a left at the lights in the town centre to Llandullas. I came back via Denbigh and Abergele yesterday evening and the Abergele to home via Llanddulas was a clear run but for some reason it bumper to bumper going the other way from Llanddulas to Abergele.

Yorkie

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2011, 06:32:26 pm »
When coming into Abergele, you can avoid the Town Centre and traffic lights by turning Left just as you get into the 30 limit.   You then just follow the road through the estate and come out by the Gwrych Castle entrance where you turn left towards Llandulas.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 07:35:14 pm »
from Abergele town centre take a left at the lights, signposted Llanwrst.(A548) follow the road until you get to a crossroads (garage and caravan site on the left) take the right hand road,B5381 this takes you through Betws yn Rhos, follow the road until a staggered crossroads and you turn right B5113 down through Bryn y Maen taking you back down to Colwyn Bay,

I usually go straight over these crossroads as it takes you down to Glan Conwy corner. B5381

You can also get onto the Betws yn Rhos road from St Asaph by coming off the A55 at the industrial estate and going to the right at the roundabout
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:48:43 pm by suepp »

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 08:15:22 pm »
To answer TheMedz puzzle as to why traffic was stuck along the Gwrych Castle straight going towards Abergele. The reason was eastbound traffic were leaving the 55 in large numbers at Llanddulas because they spotted big holdups towards Pensarn, the 55 is down to one lane. But, if you felt sorry for those motorists, save your sympathy for another group of travellers in cars trying to get towards St Asaph. These were the think ahead people who left the 55 at Old Colwyn (guessing what lay ahead), drove through Old Colwyn, up towards Penmaen Head and then came to a shuddering full stop. Settle into a queue for 20/30 minutes. Because there is a giveway at the bottom, near the Shell station, and they had virtually no chance of getting out because there was nonstop traffic coming off the 55 at Llanddulas. This was around 5.30 p.m.  So, be warned. You might as well just stick on the 55, at least you will be moving at 10 mph