Poll

Would you like to take part in a golf competition?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup  (Read 25846 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:32 am »
Things have changed for me and I now hope to get there for the start.

I will not be playing as I was a "scratch" golfer.   I would blast one off the tee and then scratch my head wondering where it had gone!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
love it Yorkie, but even a one legged man with one arm can swing a club,may not hit the ball every time but can try, why not you?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 06:19:26 pm »
Is this still happening tomorrow as the weather forecast is not good at all?  :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »
You beat me to it ME I was just going to ask the same thing.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »
love it Yorkie, but even a one legged man with one arm can swing a club,may not hit the ball every time but can try, why not you?

Actually I can play golf.   My problem is getting round the course will all the uphill bits.   Now, if Mike hired out buggies . . . . . . !!!   Z**
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 08:09:39 pm »
   This is like the euro problems, no one to make the big decision. I decided the date ---- so I hang my head in shame.

But, to be sensible, I think I must say to all the lady refreshment ladies, --- forget it. Dont go wasting your time (and cash) on buttering the buns.

I will be up here regardless until, at the least, 3 p.m.   Then, if by some chance, the weather is not too bad, and anyone is playing, I will shoot down to town and grab some food for us.

Of course, I could offer to take you all to the Quay for a bit of a buffet.   But then again, you might have grass on your shoes and we wouldnt be let in.

So, come on up if you think the weather is not too bad. If very few (or none) turn up, I will put THE CUP back into storage for you all to make a decision about it.

Now all that remains is the problem with Fester. He has promised to come at 6 p.m. Well, Fester is always a problem. But at least if no one is here he hasent got too far to walk home.

Here's  hoping, fingers crossed for the weather.    Mike

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 11:20:22 pm »
I am really, really sorry but not going to be able to take part tomorrow - I'm not going to make a work deadline if I take the afternoon off.   :(

If the weather's good, I hope you all have a very enjoyable afternoon and I'll be sorry not to be there.

It the weather's bad and the event is rearranged, I hope that I'll be able to make the next date. 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »
Mike, my dear friend...

I genuinely do not set out to be a problem, as I honestly believed from the outset that this was an after-work type event.
If for no other reason than to allow the likes of me, Paddy and others to come up in the evening, (then go for beers)

Also, because I expected that at this time of year you would be 'raking it in' from paying customers all through the day.

Notwithstanding any of this, I suggest that the event should be officially postponed anyway, because the weather is a complete WASHOUT all day.

Mike, if I were you I wouldn't venture anywhere near the wet and windy Great Orme on Friday.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2012, 07:02:52 am »
The expression that comes to mind is "Fair weather golfers!"

I have my wet gear in my golf bag with waterproof over-trousers and top, and my golf brolly firmly tucked into its holder.   Nothing wrong with a bit of rain and wind to make the game more interesting and a real test of one's golfing ability.   Don't give up folks just because of a bit of inclement weather!
 :golf:     :golf:     :golf:
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2012, 10:37:46 am »
I've never been a golfer (apart from playing the two Great Orme courses many moons ago!) but I would get no pleasure playing in the rain and it's much worse as someone who wears spectacles  :)☔🍃⚡⛳
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:27 am »
I'm quite happy to pop up there and help out with anything for an hour or so. At the moment I have a cartload of folk moaning about the weather in the house, so had better not commit for the whole afternoon if anything goes ahead. Why do people think that we mere mortals can alter the weather-- perhaps I should morph into Nemesis and have another go !!
I shall have to come up the hill in the car, so if anything is needed I can pop back down.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2012, 11:50:54 am »
I've got another problem. Never mind wind and rain. YOU JUST CANNOt SEE the mist is so thick. As it is at the moment. If the wind gets stronger, than I suppose the mist might get blown away. Here's hoping mike

Offline Dwyforite

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:31 pm »
looking at the orme from llandudno south it appears that the mist is hanging about 50 feet below your course,in all honesty i think you have more chance of catching fog in  a bucket than playing today,but i hope i am wrong

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »
Well it is 1pm and I am watching rain bucket down--my OH took the dog on the Orme and had to use headlights it was so bad.
Two folk have returned wet through as it is, goodness knows how many lots of steaming coats we shall end up with !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »
Any sign of Yorkie in his oilskins?  8)