Poll

Would you like to take part in a golf competition?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup  (Read 25343 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57:16 pm »
Getting nearer to the date ------ FRIDAY JUNE 8th.    Ive contacted St Davids Hospice as it was suggested here that any cash generated should go to a local charity.    They are putting details on their own website.     T remind you that Snowcap needs some details so that he can work out handicaps.  Sit down Fester, we already know your handicap!!!!   Mike

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 12:44:23 am »
this is it folk, now is the time to put your money were your mouths are, lets make this a good day for the first of what i hope will be many "Jubilee  Orm cup day,s" maybe an annual event to raise money for St Davids Hospice. fester , wrex, and a few more have all ready committed there time to it , mike is letting us use the course, so lets make the most of it young and old player and none players, let mike know today if your playing and i will see that the ball starts rolling. more important , don,t forget to turn up on the 8th, (day that is not tee.) Brian

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:51 am »
Unfortunately. I'll be away for most of the 8th so won't be able to make it. If I get back early enough I will definitely come up and spectate/look for lost balls etc. Here's hoping for good weather.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 09:58:24 am »
Having initially indicated I would attend, I find now that I shall unavoidably be elsewhere - sorry, but hope all goes well.

Stan

Offline Paddy

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 08:04:56 pm »
Looking forward to it. Can you please remind me what time we are kicking off and do I need to bring my own bats?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2012, 11:19:25 am »
Hoping to come up and meet a few of you , work permitting--what time? please remind me-- I have a head like a sieve.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »
I want to come and have a bash but having only played golf on the play station I don't think I'll be winning any cups but it'll be a laugh...all I have to do now is change my shift  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 08:34:57 pm »
Hello everyone.   The start time has  been fixed for One P.M.  But dont worry, I will be up there from 10 a.m. regardless of weather or anything else, so if you fancy having a bit of a practice runaround before hand, I wont sneak on you.
   Paddy, you dont need to bring ANYTHING except yourself and your undoubted putting skills.
  At the risk of boring everyone I will be putting in a message about this everyday for the next week, under different threads. This is in case anyone cannot find this thread because they are looking under, shall we say,  "events."    Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00:33 pm »
Errr Hang on..... I thought this was originally intended to be an after-work thing?

For some reason, I had it in my head that 6pm was the tee-off?  I informed Mrs Fester of this some time ago...

Obviously I'm working until 6pm,  so sorry to say that I can no longer join in...  :( :(

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 10:55:49 am »
Errr Hang on..... I thought this was originally intended to be an after-work thing?

For some reason, I had it in my head that 6pm was the tee-off?  I informed Mrs Fester of this some time ago...

Obviously I'm working until 6pm,  so sorry to say that I can no longer join in...  :( :(

I can provide some luminous balls if anyone wants to play at night!   I got them a few years ago when I was standing too close to a nuclear reactor!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 02:28:18 pm »
Saw you heading off home today Mike --2pm ish--- what weather, hope it is better on Friday.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »
First, a reply to Nemesis. Yes, I did head down the Orme but not home, just to hang around B and Q and Macdonalds. I had a sign out on the course, Phone etc etc.
   At around 3 oclock I thought, thats enough. Back up the hill to get the flags in, and away. On the way up my phone rings "Have you shut up for the day?"   When I got there two men, well covered by clothing and saying, in effect "Weve played in worse than this, lets go." No accounting for tastes. And, do you believe, they went round twice, you could hardly stand up in the wind. I wont say anything more because they were semi local, from Penmaenmawr. They told me through their chattering teeth.
   Now to my friend Fester. You've been a naughty boy, not listening (reading) properly. If you go back through the thread you will see that it was originally an all day do, but because there were not so many it was agreed to start midday. Not my decision, more a mutual consensus.
   Its going to be no fun without you so you had better get up as soon as you can.    Mike

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11:37 am »
OMG Mike there is always someone ! I had job enough battling against the wind and rain in town let alone up on your patch. Ah well it's takings !  Hope today is better for you.
Nem.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »
           This is my last reminder that the cup competition starts at 1 p.m. On Friday.

15 members say they will be attending. Actually 13 players and two

Ladies who have offered to look after the refreshments.

Needless to say that I will be here to keep order

Offline Sara

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »
Only just seen this, don't usually look at 3 towns arcade. I did originally say (some weeks ago) on another thread i could help with refreshments but have just seen the date and i can't help as my daughter has just come out of hospital today and I am looking after my little grandson. Sorry.