Poll

Would you like to take part in a golf competition?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup  (Read 25344 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 11:14:47 am »
 Thirteen budding Tigers have put their names down. The thread has had 457 views so there must be a good few members with a certain amount of interest in the idea, so, come on, put your name down, it will cost you nothing more than a good hard climb.
  I assume that a certain number of forum guests are amongst this figure of viewers. To them I would say, don't worry that you are not a forum member. You would be made welcome on the day and, subject to our moderators kindly eyes, be welcome to the forum as a member as well.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »
Mike, Morning or Afternoon ?   ;D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »
Hello Quiggs, Depends on how many want to come. I'll have to have a word with Snowcap about this. As far as I am concerned its morning, afternoon and until you all go off to the pub and leave me to clear up!!!
   I'll let you know, or perhaps Snowcap could give us all some guidance.  Mike

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »
i think it would be best in the afternoon,that way it would give members who have got to travel more chance of getting a game, we need to look at how many are playing , handicaps , how many have never even hit a ball before, if players are expecting bacon butties halfway around, or  soup and sandwiches, ( you never know) do they want to perhaps end up in the kings head for a winners presentation, bri.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »
Mike, it sounds like it'll be great fun. Count me in please.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 08:40:55 am »
Despite my earlier interest, regret that I will not be in the locality on that date.  However, I am willing to donate a "Hole in one Trophy", should such a miracle occur!    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
O.k. It's going to be on the afternoon, say 1 p.m.   Thanks Yorkie for the offer of a trophy, but it's a shame you will not be able to make the presentation. Perhaps, in the (unlikely) event of someone getting a hole in one, a presentation could be made at some other time at mutual convenience Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »
Hello Paddy, and glad to see you are interested. For the sake of statistics would you mind clicking the "yes" button in the poll at the top of the thread page. Thanks and look forward to seeing you Mike

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »
O.k. It's going to be on the afternoon, say 1 p.m.   Thanks Yorkie for the offer of a trophy, but it's a shame you will not be able to make the presentation. Perhaps, in the (unlikely) event of someone getting a hole in one, a presentation could be made at some other time at mutual convenience Mike

Actually, if the truth is known, I just don't want to win my own trophy!!!  Joking!!!   L0L

I'll see if I can get it to you before the date.
Cicero

Offline Paddy

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »
Hello Paddy, and glad to see you are interested. For the sake of statistics would you mind clicking the "yes" button in the poll at the top of the thread page. Thanks and look forward to seeing you Mike

Thanks Mike, the system doesn't seem to be allowing me to tick a box! Can I please just assure you that I'll be there and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »
I'll take an afternoon off and come along. 

What's my handicap?  Not being able to play! 

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »
I'll take an afternoon off and come along. 

What's my handicap?  Not being able to play! 

If you intend to play I would suggest a good read of the Rules of Golf and the Etiquette on the course, would be a good starting point.  Next a trip to one of the nearby Driving Ranges and at least learn how to connect with the ball rather than removing divots the size of JCB buckets!    :D
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »
 I am now looking after the cup to be presented to any hole in one competitor.

Just a small point, Ian set up this thread to keep the Orme Cup posts all together, but I notice that recently one or two have gone into the old golf course thread.  If you could post them here in this thread it would help to give the impression that loads is going on.  I am a bit concerned that the whole idea might fade away if the momentum is lost.  Mike

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 10:21:11 pm »
so you see fester it,s when it takes place , not if.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »
Hello everyone, Our unpaid organiser, Snowcap, has asked me to state that the closing date for entries is the last day in May, the 31st.
I must say that I have absolutely no experience at all in organising an event like this. I imagined that you just turned up on the day --- and played.  But Snowcap tells me that it's not that simple, handicaps have to be sorted out and the cup polished.
Make sure you let us know before 31st May and keep the competition date free.  FRIDAY 8th JUNE
 See you then. Mike