Poll

Would you like to take part in a golf competition?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup  (Read 25341 times)

Offline Jack

Re: Mike's Llandudno Orme Cup
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »
if you need a hand to set up the compation mike give me a shout and i,ll only be to glad to help. i  have run the open at Alder root golf club every year for the past four years, and by the way if fester does take part we should have a close look at his handicap

If Fester Woods does take part and it is an evening tee off, won't the presence of moths and other flying fauna that he clearly dislikes be enough of a handicap?   :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 11:14:20 pm »
If I see moth one............. I'm gone.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline John Oddy

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »
My pet moth likes golf.....

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
My rolled up copy of the NWWN will put paid to his little game.
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:31 am »
 _))* _))*
Makes a change from making iinto squares for use in the outside closet !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »
As this is suggested to be a "fun filled" competition, I presume that there's no requirement for competitors to have any ability?  I'm useless at golf but I'll be happy to join in if there are some others at my level - which must be pretty well at the bottom of the scale! 

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 02:59:12 pm »
I can swing a club but whether I can hit the ball is another matter!

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:19 pm »
any one can have a go that's how you find out if you can do it or not, the end product is a good laugh and a load of fun, the more the merrier. I know one young lady who had 14 swings at the ball before she hit it and then it only just cleared the tee,  she went on to enjoy her game.I'm sure you would enjoy it if you tried it.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 09:42:15 pm »
  Snowcap---me old friend.  Were you never in the Forces. First rule. Never volunteer for anything!!!!  But you asked for it.  You are officially appointed chief (and only) organizer of the charity golf compt being held by the 3townsforum.  Seriously, it is a most welcome offer. To be honest I will be a bit wacked in the main season so if you feel so inclined, its all yours.
   Anyway, virtually all the golf balls have been donated through your hands. You can make sure not too many are lost.  Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 09:57:24 pm »
   Funny things, people. A poll asks if you are interested. But two members say they are not. Well, thats fair enough, I dont blame them perhaps, but why go to the trouble of registering a "No."?
   Anyway, I suppose the first thing is to decide a day. If we were in the Canaries that would be easy. but here-----
  Myself I think June should be the month weather wise, and at a guess, I dont know what you all think, but Friday is towards the end of the week and people are relaxing.
  Anyone got any comments?

Mike

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »
   Funny things, people. A poll asks if you are interested. But two members say they are not. Well, thats fair enough, I dont blame them perhaps, but why go to the trouble of registering a "No."?

They register a NO because they have the option to do so.  Also in a democracy one has to accept the decision of the major vote - which sometimes is in the negative!    ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »
Yes, I take your points. I suppose if I had been doing it I would have just asked who is interested. Then if you were not interested you didn't have to go to the trouble of ticking no. Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »
Hello everyone, Although this competition was not my idea, seeing as its now got my name on it I feel its up to me to gee it up a bit.
  During the last 24 hours the participants in the poll has increased by two. Unfortunately one said yes and one said no so we are not much further.
   I am a bit concerned that the idea might die on its feet unless the momentum is maintained.  So I think we had better decide on a date quickly. No one has come with any suggestions so, unless anyone shouts up, I'm going to decide on a date my
self after a couple of days. Then, at the very least, some members may know that they cannot attend on that date.
  But please dont vote No, that will give the whole thing a negative impression.  Just do nothing.   Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »
Good idea Mike...

Pick a date off the calendar, and we can then make a final decision based on availability.  $good$
Fester...

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:41 am »
Good idea Mike...

Pick a date off the calendar, and we can then make a final decision based on availability.  $good$
   Right. The date for the golf is:  --- FRIDAY the 8th JUNE.   Sorry, I'm not accepting any excuses. You are coming inconvenient or not.  ££$   Snowcap is in charge of organisation having put his hand up to volunteer.  Mike