Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 179666 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Politics
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »
List of Town Council Grants in 2012/13. Why does the Boxing Club receive so much compared to the other organisations and what does it spend it all on?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2012, 10:10:46 pm »
If that's the figure for the "Sports" category, do you have the total figure donated for all clubs and associations etc.?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:52 am »
One could suggest the awards may be somewhat influenced by the person making the request!

All the Grants are published in the Council Minutes which are available at the Library or by making a FoI request to the Town Clerk.

$good$

Just as a matter of interest the Town 's Precept from CCBC includes a few pounds for each person in the Town that is specially for donations (Grants) to Local Organisations.  The Rugby Club is (or was) a major beneficiary, maybe due to lobbying by a certain Councillor.    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:35 am »
I have to say that Holy Trinity has benefited twice from this source of funds/grants.

In 2001 £1000 was received towards the restoration of the bells, and 2004/5 £2000 towards the restoration of the stained glass windows project.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2012, 11:17:20 am »
Pleased to hear that, Stan.  Some of the Awards are, to my mind, somewhat questionable and possibly undeserved.    ;)
Cicero

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2012, 11:04:38 pm »
One could suggest the awards may be somewhat influenced by the person making the request!

All the Grants are published in the Council Minutes which are available at the Library or by making a FoI request to the Town Clerk.

$good$

Just as a matter of interest the Town 's Precept from CCBC includes a few pounds for each person in the Town that is specially for donations (Grants) to Local Organisations.  The Rugby Club is (or was) a major beneficiary, maybe due to lobbying by a certain Councillor.    ;)

Would you care to elaborate.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2012, 10:15:07 am »

$good$

The short answer is, "NO!"    WWW

The long answer is, "Everyone shouts for their own corner, some shout longer and louder than others!"    >>>

Please note the word "maybe".    D)

Also note you omitted the question mark (?).    _))*
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »
Is the Major satisfied now?    $walesflag$
Cicero

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2012, 11:12:51 pm »

$good$

The short answer is, "NO!"    WWW

The long answer is, "Everyone shouts for their own corner, some shout longer and louder than others!"    >>>

Please note the word "maybe".    D)

Also note you omitted the question mark (?).    _))*

"maybe" noted, "implied" may be a better word.

No Question mark omitted, please feel free to check you original post.

If you are implying that the Rugby Club used a certain Councillor for monetary gain, you are VERY much mistaken.
I assume you are referring to one Councillor in particular, as we have only ever had on involved in the Club.

This Councillor would go out of his way to declare his involvement in the Rugby Club, when any monetary application/claim put forward by our club and insisted he was left out of all decisions in that regard.

What you are implying is probably libelous, be careful.

If this is a route you wish to go, may I suggest you have a look at money given to other, more round ball orientated, sports clubs.
Maybe they have had other Councillors get them more money, than all of the other local sports clubs put together.
Just maybe, of course.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2012, 07:23:22 am »

If you are implying that the Rugby Club used a certain Councillor for monetary gain, you are VERY much mistaken.
I assume you are referring to one Councillor in particular, as we have only ever had on involved in the Club.

This Councillor would go out of his way to declare his involvement in the Rugby Club, when any monetary application/claim put forward by our club and insisted he was left out of all decisions in that regard.

If this is a route you wish to go, may I suggest you have a look at money given to other, more round ball orientated, sports clubs.
Maybe they have had other Councillors get them more money, than all of the other local sports clubs put together.
Just maybe, of course.

Mornin' Major

If I had wished to be explicit and "imply" I would certainly have chosen different terminology.

The particular Councillor (to which you no doubt refer) as I have said, shouts longer and louder, and with the cooperation of the rest of the Council always has obtained a good deal for the Rugby Club.

None of my comments are in any way libellous, probably or otherwise, as they are the truth.  I suggest you check the Defamation Act.

I know of the person's passion for all sport either in or out of the water and whatever shape the ball.   However, the allocation of grants is seen by some as rather hit and miss with who gets what, and whether the amounts are deserved by each organisation, but then that is all a matter of opinion. 

$walesflag$

Cicero

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #430 on: July 23, 2012, 09:32:43 am »

Just maybe, of course.

Mornin' Major

If I had wished to be explicit and "imply" I would certainly have chosen different terminology.

The particular Councillor (to which you no doubt refer) as I have said, shouts longer and louder, and with the cooperation of the rest of the Council always has obtained a good deal for the Rugby Club.

None of my comments are in any way libellous, probably or otherwise, as they are the truth.  I suggest you check the Defamation Act.

I know of the person's passion for all sport either in or out of the water and whatever shape the ball.   However, the allocation of grants is seen by some as rather hit and miss with who gets what, and whether the amounts are deserved by each organisation, but then that is all a matter of opinion. 

$walesflag$

Why do you continue to imply that a particular Councillor has gotten the Rugby Club so many 'good deals', and have received more money than is fair?
Please detail all these vast amounts of monies that we have received, as you have such resources at hand, it shouldn't be an issue for you.
Please feel free to compare us to other sports clubs who also get money from local councils/Councillors. Clubs that pay players to play. Clubs that charge their own junior teams to train on pitches that were funded by Council money perhaps.

This attack on Llandudno Rugby Club, and a certain Councillor, is out of order.
Either come out with details to back up your claim, or retract them.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #431 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:16 am »

Why do you continue to imply that a particular Councillor has gotten the Rugby Club so many 'good deals', and have received more money than is fair?
Please detail all these vast amounts of monies that we have received, as you have such resources at hand, it shouldn't be an issue for you.
Please feel free to compare us to other sports clubs who also get money from local councils/Councillors. Clubs that pay players to play. Clubs that charge their own junior teams to train on pitches that were funded by Council money perhaps.

1) Let me start at the end - I retract NOTHING!
2) I have never said that the Rugby Club have received "Special" treatment - all I have said is that someone shouts long and hard on their behalf.  This achieves results and more so that those organisations who just put in an application for a grant and have no opportunity of lobbying Councillors at close quarters.
3) The amounts of money granted to all groups and organisations are available from the Town Council's Minutes or by making a request to the Town Clerk.  I'm sure you can get them for the last 10 years if required.  I would also remind you that you chose to use the word "vast", whereas I have never suggested any particular value or degree.
4) I am unable to compare the Rugby Club to other Clubs as I do not have all the necessary information, but as you appear to be an expert on the matter, maybe you could publish your findings on the Forum.
5) Are we talking about the same Councillor?  Name yours and lets see shall we?  The one I am referring to is a good friend and I don't think would find any problems with what I have written.
6) I have not attacked Llandudno Rugby Club or its Members or any Councillor.

Now majormellons put up or shut up.  Stop trying to be argumentative by twisting and spinning my words.  END OF.

Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #432 on: July 23, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »
".......sadly I was not able to glean any more info as my hearing is not as good as it was.

I think your reading skills are also suffering!     L0L
Cicero

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #433 on: July 23, 2012, 01:31:45 pm »

1) Let me start at the end - I retract NOTHING!
2) I have never said that the Rugby Club have received "Special" treatment - all I have said is that someone shouts long and hard on their behalf.  This achieves results and more so that those organisations who just put in an application for a grant and have no opportunity of lobbying Councillors at close quarters.
3) The amounts of money granted to all groups and organisations are available from the Town Council's Minutes or by making a request to the Town Clerk.  I'm sure you can get them for the last 10 years if required.  I would also remind you that you chose to use the word "vast", whereas I have never suggested any particular value or degree.
4) I am unable to compare the Rugby Club to other Clubs as I do not have all the necessary information, but as you appear to be an expert on the matter, maybe you could publish your findings on the Forum.
5) Are we talking about the same Councillor?  Name yours and lets see shall we?  The one I am referring to is a good friend and I don't think would find any problems with what I have written.
6) I have not attacked Llandudno Rugby Club or its Members or any Councillor.

Now majormellons put up or shut up.  Stop trying to be argumentative by twisting and spinning my words.  END OF.

If you backtrack any further, you'll be in the greenhouse.

So you are happy to imply that a 'friend' used his position to glean more money for the Rugby Club.
With friends like you, certain Councillors don't need enemies.

And I will not be told by anybody to 'shut up', when I have the right to defend us, from your continued and undeserved attack.
Let's not forget who implemented this discussion and who is now trying to defend himself.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #434 on: July 23, 2012, 01:47:56 pm »
If you backtrack any further, you'll be in the greenhouse.

So you are happy to imply that a 'friend' used his position to glean more money for the Rugby Club.
With friends like you, certain Councillors don't need enemies.

And I will not be told by anybody to 'shut up', when I have the right to defend us, from your continued and undeserved attack.
Let's not forget who implemented this discussion and who is now trying to defend himself.

No I did not say "a friend" - I said the person was a friend, in other words not an enemy or someone I disliked!  It appears the person is more a friend of the Rugby Club.

Me attack the Rugby Club? - Don't be so bl**dy stupid.  I am not attacking anyone.  All I am trying to do is help to explain the Grant system to those who are prepared to listen, which obviously you are not!  And which as an ex Councillor I am perfectly qualified to do.

Just to put the record straight the discussion was started by DaveR,  July 20, 2012, 08:43:53 PM.

I notice that you have totally failed to put any points forward yourself and have chosen just to try and pick fault with all that I have said.   In this respect you have failed miserably and will no doubt continue to do so.

Why is it that every time you post on this Forum you just choose to offer criticism and actually make no valuable contribution whatsoever?  Perhaps it's time to move over to Saga.   ££$
Cicero