Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1016145 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3180 on: July 26, 2016, 09:39:48 am »
Good news or bad news...........?

Dylan's restaurant bosses exploring Rhos on Sea site for new eatery.

Restaurant group Dylan’s have confirmed they are looking at four different sites in Conwy - including a landmark site in Rhos on Sea.

Dylan’s has long harboured an ambition to open a restaurant in the county, after already operating two successful restaurants in Menai Bridge and Criccieth.

One site owners are now considering is Rhos Point, in Rhos on Sea, which is ripe for redevelopment.

The area, which used to house a few shops and a restaurant, has become an eyesore. The local authority hopes to demolish all the buildings and get it ready for redevelopment.

One of Dylan’s owners Robin Hodgson said: “We haven’t signed anything yet, or made a decision about a site in Conwy.
“Rhos Point is in an excellent position, and it is a possibility.
“We have not 100% written it off, but we’d have to go to tender like everybody else and that does delay things.
“We’d like to open somewhere in Conwy as soon as possible, we are already a year behind in our plan.”

MORE  http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/dylans-restaurant-bosses-exploring-rhos-11662628

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3181 on: July 26, 2016, 10:57:39 am »
It's a good job that they moved Jonathan Hughes from the site or they wouldn't have had many customers

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3182 on: July 29, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »
New Indian restaurant opening in the old Vollams newsagent's, Gloddaeth Street,.....Mango and ....... ?  cannot remember the last name.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3183 on: July 29, 2016, 06:33:22 pm »
Bamboo.
Has it actually got going again? Nothing been happening in there for ages .
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3184 on: July 29, 2016, 07:24:39 pm »
Bamboo.
Has it actually got going again? Nothing been happening in there for ages .

Passed today and noticed a sign "coming soon"   .....Maybe I have missed it before?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3185 on: July 29, 2016, 08:08:17 pm »
Last I heard was that they had given up on the idea. Also I think there is/was a sign in the window that the lease was up for grabs.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3186 on: July 31, 2016, 05:18:37 pm »
We enjoyed a lovely evening with delicious food at Signatures Conwy last night.   I had the local Wild Sea Bass with seared king scallop, wild king prawn tagliatelle, glazed courgettes, carrot & coral cream and it was superb           $good$

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3187 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:30 am »
Late Sunday dinner in the Albert yesterday evening. 7/10 - a bit pricey at £10.50 and not up to their usual high standards.

Still enjoyable, perhaps would have been better earlier in the day.

I had roast lamb  $good$

After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3188 on: August 01, 2016, 04:53:31 pm »
Whan do you think you will be having lunch in the Tudno Castle,very quiet the press

Offline hollins

« Reply #3189 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:42 pm »
The Tudno Castle looked very blue today.

Treated my mum to lunch at the skip today.
Good selection of vegetables in the risotto but a bit too salty for my taste. Mum enjoyed the plaice with asparagus and grapes and I also had a tasty pork terrine for starter and floating islands for dessert but disappointed that the pink sugared almonds from last time had been replaced with pistachios.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3190 on: August 02, 2016, 06:33:53 am »
The food fluctuates wildly depending on who's in the kitchen/what's available.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3191 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:12 am »
The wood fire pizza place in Llandudno that Fester recommended some time ago is indeed excellent  $good$
(Even a stopped clock etc  :P) Pizza - brilliant and reasonably priced - Beer - excellent local selection Z**
Few too many hipster types hanging around with dread locks and beards and the like - I think it's the wooden tables that attracts them. but overall a lovely place with a great ambience and will be a regular customer  8)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3192 on: August 02, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »
Llandudno Providero cafe WILL open after customers raised £30,000.

Since opening in Llandudno Junction, thanks to crowdfunding, Providero Tea & Coffee House has proved a massive success which saw space become an issue at the high street cafe.

This saw them launch a KickStarter campaign to collect £30,000 to support the opening of a second cafe on Upper Mostyn Street in Llandudno.
Yesterday they hit the funding target after support from 340 backers, meaning the project will now go ahead.

More and video...... http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudno-providero-cafe-open-after-11692998

Offline Dave

« Reply #3193 on: August 04, 2016, 06:26:39 pm »
Lunch at the Hayloft Restaurant, Bodnant Welsh Food Centre yesterday. Very average and a let down on expectations compared to the menu description. Trying to put a twist on the average pub menu but failing with poor combinations and delivery.
What was amusing was when a waiter came to our table with two steaks and asked which of the four of us had ordered them.
"Not us" was the reply.
Waiter goes to another table where two people were seated and asks if they had ordered steak.
Rebuffed he returned to the kitchen to re emerge soon after heading to the only other occupied table in the restaurant.
Right this time!
No wonder my burger was tepid by the time I received it!

Offline Dave

« Reply #3194 on: August 05, 2016, 05:27:02 pm »
Not a specific place but does anyone else share my views on how food is served?
What's it all about when you get you meal served on a piece of roofing material ? I was recently in a cafe where they served hot drinks in a jam jar, complete with the screw top where your lips are meant to be and with a handle to hold on to it. The latter I have to admit were also being sold in Aldi. Why would you want to to buy one? I have yet to hear of anyone who actually serves their dinner on a slate at home so why do you have to put up with it in a restaurant. It's a daft fad.
The ultimate bad combination is chips in a wire basket presented on a flat piece of slate. Vinegar in a jug. You try to trickle the vinegar but it rushes out, covers the chips, drains through the basket and runs off the slate on to the table. If you are unlucky it drains off the table on to your legs!
What's wrong with a proper plate?
 :rage: