Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015725 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3135 on: May 18, 2016, 12:50:10 pm »
I think that would be good  $good$ Lot of competition up there though, I wish him luck

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3136 on: May 18, 2016, 01:47:39 pm »
You can never have enough pizza... $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3137 on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »
Facebooked Wildwood restaurant this morning and they assured me they where still coming to town,

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3138 on: May 21, 2016, 07:22:15 pm »
I thought it was not permissible for cafes to trade if they didn't provide a customer toilet, or if the one they had was broken they had to make temporary arrangements with an establishment very close by?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3139 on: May 22, 2016, 07:46:42 am »
That only applies if a new one is being opened. But existing cafes are under no such obligation, oddly. The most interesting example of this is Ty hwnt yr bont  in Llanrwst, where there is no toilet, and customers are directed to the public loo across the road.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3140 on: May 22, 2016, 09:17:00 am »
And have been ever since I can remember !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3141 on: May 22, 2016, 11:37:03 am »
Facebooked Wildwood restaurant this morning and they assured me they where still coming to town,
From the DP this morning.....
National chain Wildwood has got the green light to come to Llandudno after winning its al fresco dining dispute over tables and chairs.
The chain - which has small cinemas in its restaurants - submitted plans in December for an eatery on Mostyn Street, creating 30 jobs.

Planning officers approved the change of use for the shop unit but the plans to push on with the restaurant hit a snag due to restrictions on seating outside of the venue.
The company wanted to put five tables and 14 seats outside the restaurant to increase its covers and also fit with the Mediterranean theme of the chain.
However council officers included a condition in their planning permission that precluded having any seats and tables outside the site.
This was a potential deal breaker and Wildwood last month submitted an application to remove the condition. It was opposed by Llandudno Town Council who said the street furniture would prevent the passage of pedestrians and be detrimental to the street view.

Now planners at Conwy council have allowed the condition to be lifted, clearing the way for Wildwood to start work on the site.
They said: "On balance, the external seating area is considered to be acceptable in this instance."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudno-cinema-restaurant-wildwood-open-11364633

Offline hollins

« Reply #3142 on: May 25, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
Breakfast at the skip this morning, yummy!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3143 on: May 25, 2016, 03:28:21 pm »
No fried bread and hash brown?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3144 on: May 25, 2016, 05:39:31 pm »
What time were you there Hollins? Doesn't look very busy, unfortunately.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3145 on: May 25, 2016, 05:44:50 pm »
I went  last friday,ice place ,meu ver limited,masses of staff ,overall i might go again but no rush.

Offline hollins

« Reply #3146 on: May 25, 2016, 05:48:40 pm »
What time were you there Hollins? Doesn't look very busy, unfortunately.

10am Tom. Most people were sat by the windows looking out and I try not to take photos of other customers. Every time we have been, usually at lunch time it has been busy.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3147 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:06 pm »
Surely you didn't pay nearly £9. For that breakfast  .

Offline hollins

« Reply #3148 on: May 26, 2016, 08:08:59 am »
Oh dear, I seem to be the only forum member defending the skip.
I suppose it is understandable when so much money was wasted during the set up of the place and the massive disappointment when the original design was changed for the worse.
I agree with all that and as I have said before I couldn't have been more against the actual end result of the building.
However for us it is a treat to go there because the food is good and we can sit there with a view of the sea.
I suppose when you are local, unlike us, then a view of the sea is not so important.
As far as the breakfast is concerned, yes, I think it was £8.95 but my husband paid. It is very rare for us to have breakfast out in anything other than a hotel because we don't live in a town so we don't have anything to compare it with in restaurant terms. Hotel breakfasts that we have had recently cost a lot more than that.
I like many others was very sceptical about this venture but I have to say that yesterday the place was being well used.
While we we there yesterday there was a meeting going on in one of the rooms, people were enjoying breakfast in the restaurant including a group having a birthday treat. People using the cafe part for snacks, a sailing course going on in the watersports centre and people out on canoes.
As my mum would say, "It's all going on and I am sat at home!"

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3149 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:10 am »
£9 for that!  :o shocking to my inner tightness lol! I would need open wallet surgery to pay that much!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas