Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1022624 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2805 on: August 04, 2015, 09:42:58 am »
I see that the Coffee Centre (next to Marks & Spencer) is up for sale.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2806 on: August 04, 2015, 12:10:14 pm »
Not surprised, I remember your list. Way too many of the places!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2807 on: August 04, 2015, 12:41:42 pm »
Not surprised, I remember your list. Way too many of the places!
Rent is a thousand pounds a week, which is a lot of teas and coffees!  ££$

http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/asp/detail.asp?l=3&p=1237&o=1

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2808 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:53 pm »
Perfect spot for a pub that  $good$

Not at that rent though

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2809 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:29 pm »
Perfect spot for a pub that  $good$

Not at that rent though
Funnily enough, there was a Pub just a few doors away until 1980, where 'Hotter Shoes' is now. It was called the Harrington, originally Harrington House.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2810 on: August 04, 2015, 02:02:11 pm »
This one, DaveR, next to Fortes?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2811 on: August 04, 2015, 02:55:29 pm »
I would love a pub on that side of the street again - perfect line between the Kings arms and the Carlton since the demise of the Alex.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #2812 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:42 pm »
Begging letters at the ready......

Dylan's Criccieth restaurant serves 30,000 people in its first three months

Restaurant group Dylan’s is repeating its stunning success on Anglesey with a fantastic opening three months in Criccieth.
The new seafood led restaurant at the Grade II listed Morannedd building in Criccieth opened in May - three years after they opened their first establishment in Menai Bridge.
Speaking to Business Post owner David Evans said he was nervous until the day they opened about whether people would come through the doors at the new eaterie.
But he said he knew from day one of opening the restaurant, overlooking Criccieth castle and its beach, it would work.
David, who has enjoyed a previous successful career in fashion retail, said: “It is always hard before you open because you never know until that first day whether people will come or not.

He added: “We would like a third site, in the Conwy area, although it is going to be very difficult to find something that matches what we have in Criccieth and Menai Bridge.

MORE....http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/dylans-criccieth-restaurant-serves-30000-9786268

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #2813 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:24 am »
As you may have seen on my tweets (@DPTomDavidson) I was at Dylan's in Menai Bridge on Monday and Graham Rees wasn't hiding his disdain for the fact Dylan's lost out on Conwy quay project.

I must say I agree, perfect sort of establishment for Conwy and ideal location overlooking quay - very similar to current set up of Menai Bridge eaterie.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2814 on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:09 am »
As you may have seen on my tweets (@DPTomDavidson) I was at Dylan's in Menai Bridge on Monday and Graham Rees wasn't hiding his disdain for the fact Dylan's lost out on Conwy quay project.

I must say I agree, perfect sort of establishment for Conwy and ideal location overlooking quay - very similar to current set up of Menai Bridge eaterie.
I agree too, why wouldn't you want a classy venue like Dylans on the Quay?

I'd be tempted though, to put it in that dull paved area next to the Liverpool Arms, and leave the events space free for future use.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #2815 on: August 05, 2015, 09:57:17 am »
The chance of eating Conwy mussels overlooking the Conwy quay can't be understated I think. A real shame it wasn't more supported by the town, there is no business like it. Plus it should not be for planners to decide on market saturation in terms of eateries - let markets dictate.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2816 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:08 am »
Plus it should not be for planners to decide on market saturation in terms of eateries - let markets dictate.

Theoretically, surely shouldn't the planners attempt to represent the implied wishes of the electorate? But it's an interesting thought.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #2817 on: August 05, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »
Plus it should not be for planners to decide on market saturation in terms of eateries - let markets dictate.

Theoretically, surely shouldn't the planners attempt to represent the implied wishes of the electorate? But it's an interesting thought.

Not with our planners Ian, after all, they are the one's who approved the monstrosity to be built on top of the Library, way back after the fire.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2818 on: August 06, 2015, 01:40:30 pm »

Not with our planners Ian, after all, they are the one's who approved the monstrosity to be built on top of the Library, way back after the fire.
Planning laws were far less stringent back in 1966, with Conservation Areas only being introduced in 1967 by the Civic Amenities Act.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2819 on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:32 pm »
I called at the Toad in Colwyn Bay today and had  Stir fried chicken in ginger, garlic & sweet chilli sauce,  served with wild rice or hand cut chips.  It was from the Toads £5.00 lunch selection and was delicious.
The place was extremely busy and they were having to turn people away as they were full but the staff were excellent and there was no delay in getting our meal.
It made me think about Porth Eirias and wondered if they were doing as well as The Toad.