Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015365 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2670 on: April 09, 2015, 09:45:09 pm »
Why does the Albion work then,no food,anyway popped into the pop up restaurant this evening to try and book a table,looked busy and certainley different,anyway could.nt book ,only online and they where booked up anyway so it is very popular,did anybody go to the St Georges pop up restaurant in the Menai suite

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2671 on: April 11, 2015, 07:49:29 am »
Following on with the theme of decent pubs, I had a 'discussion' with two Conwy licensees just before the Albion opened. They claimed that there was not enough pub customers to go round the pubs in Conwy already there and that it would just dilute trade even more. I stated (in my own inimitable fashion) that there was plenty of custom locally, but Conwy pubs were not frequented because they were all competing to sell the cheapest lager to the town drunks, thier beer was awful, the places were filthy and the toilets minging. Certainly no place to take Mrs B (unless she was applying for a job as a bouncer) and Conwy pubs were avoided by many decent locals and visitor's alike.

After the obvious success of the Albion, (good beer, clean etc) I reminded them of our conversation. (This actually took place in the Albion) One of them looked around, thought for a moment and then said 'They are catering for a different clientele...'

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2672 on: April 11, 2015, 05:29:45 pm »
I agree 100% with all you have said Bosun. Mr M and I must be 2 of the "different clientele" as are many of our family and friends living in Conwy. Sadly we wouldn't set foot in any other pub in Conwy Town apart from The Albion and The Castle Hotel for the very reasons you have mentioned.  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2673 on: April 14, 2015, 07:13:49 am »
There are chairs outside the Snooze bar,we are getting there very,very slowy.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2674 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:18 am »
I noticed that when passing the other day.

The lights were on and the doors open.

I asked a young lady walking in when it is likely to open and she said next month so I am assuming in time for the Extravaganza.

I must say it does look quite nice.

I notice the bar is already on tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g190724-d7247448-i116435440-Snooze-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2675 on: April 14, 2015, 01:19:08 pm »
Cafe Cais on the coach park appears to have been renamed to the Troop Cafe, for some reason.

Offline Jack

« Reply #2676 on: April 14, 2015, 01:23:04 pm »
Cafe Cais on the coach park appears to have been renamed to the Troop Cafe, for some reason.

It is going to be run by Change Step Wales and veterans suffering PTSD etc.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2677 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:04 pm »
It's not a new eating place in Llandudno but it must be undergoing a change in direction.
  Bodafon farm park has always had a small cafe. But now they are advertising for waiting on staff. In past years I don't mean to be offensive but it was just a snack bar. Kept going because visits to the farm were free. But no picnics. If you wanted to eat, you bought it in the cafe.
  I always thought that was fair. They had to make money from somewhere. But every mother I spoke to about it admitted that they " smuggled" their own food in. So they shouldn't be surprised if they now have to pay for admission to the park.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2678 on: April 15, 2015, 09:03:00 am »
It's not a new eating place in Llandudno but it must be undergoing a change in direction.
  Bodafon farm park has always had a small cafe. But now they are advertising for waiting on staff. In past years I don't mean to be offensive but it was just a snack bar. Kept going because visits to the farm were free. But no picnics. If you wanted to eat, you bought it in the cafe.
  I always thought that was fair. They had to make money from somewhere. But every mother I spoke to about it admitted that they " smuggled" their own food in. So they shouldn't be surprised if they now have to pay for admission to the park.
Bodafon is very successful these days as an eating place, especially for families with children. We visited several times last Summer and every table was taken with people having meals etc. The covered Courtyard area makes a very pleasant place to eat, especially on a warm Summer's evening and they have an outside pizza oven.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2679 on: April 15, 2015, 09:04:12 am »

It is going to be run by Change Step Wales and veterans suffering PTSD etc.
Why did CAIS give it up? They spent a fortune on refurbishing it only a couple of years ago.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2680 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:04 am »
Why did CAIS give it up? They spent a fortune on refurbishing it only a couple of years ago.

I don't think they have, DaveR.

What is Change Step?

Change Step is a CAIS led and DACW managed peer mentoring and advice service. This service is for military veterans and others with post traumatic stress disorder and a range of psychosocial problems who want to make positive changes to their lives.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2681 on: April 15, 2015, 01:29:36 pm »

I don't think they have, DaveR.

What is Change Step?

Change Step is a CAIS led and DACW managed peer mentoring and advice service. This service is for military veterans and others with post traumatic stress disorder and a range of psychosocial problems who want to make positive changes to their lives.
I see, thanks for the info, Bri.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2682 on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:00 am »
I see the Haulfre Gardens cafe had a distinguished visitor recently:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2683 on: April 20, 2015, 06:56:03 pm »
DaveR i really thought you where going to say All bar one are going in the Clarence or the Snooze bar opens tomorrow or the Royal has been sold and the Mostyn arms is re-opening but alas you have spotted Lord Lucan,Dave what has happened to you.lol

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2684 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:25 pm »
DaveR i really thought you where going to say All bar one are going in the Clarence or the Snooze bar opens tomorrow or the Royal has been sold and the Mostyn arms is re-opening but alas you have spotted Lord Lucan,Dave what has happened to you.lol
Snooze Bar is opening 'soon', mate...  :laugh: