Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015868 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2130 on: April 24, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »
Gezzy and I went to Liverpool for the day yesterday.  I'd been told about a restaurant called Red One in Liverpool 1.  What a fantastic place  $good$  It's basically an all all you can eat buffet with foods from all over the world.  We paid £9.99 and took out plates and the food items were endless from American, Moroccan, Indian, Chinese and British etc.  When you finish a waiter takes your plates and you can go again.  Sweets are also included it was fantastic.  It's very warm in there and the food is quite salty though the reason for which I feel is they want you to spend more on drinks.  We got a 4 pint pitcher of Tango.  The bill was £24.50 and we couldn't have eaten any more.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2131 on: April 24, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »
Gezzy and I went to Liverpool for the day yesterday.  I'd been told about a restaurant called Red One in Liverpool 1. 

What's it like for Vegitarians?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:54:25 am by Ian »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #2132 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:50 pm »
No idea didn't ask.....but there was loads of veg salads, pastas etc

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #2133 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:49 pm »
Hi
Pendragon - you mean "Red Hot World Buffet" http://www.redhotworldbuffet.com/
It is part of a chain, they have a few restaurants dotted around. I have been to their Manchester branch & that is very good also.
In Manchester there is also another "world Buffet" a few minutes walk away form Red Hot called "Tops" which in my opinion is better & cheaper.  D)  http://www.tops-restaurants.co.uk/

Rob

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #2134 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:51 pm »
Yeah Rob that's the one.  I can never get a name right hehe

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2135 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:57 pm »
Been to the one in Leeds,  it is indeed superb!    $good$ $good$ $dins$ $dins$ $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2136 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:07 am »
we've been there a few times and had everything from Sushi to  Steak and Kidney Pie, not to mention the little desserts and a chocolate fountain, there's something for everyone, and very reasonable.
Last time in Liverpool was to go and see "Miranda" so we treated ourselves to a fantastic steak at the Miller and Carter on Albert Dock. Another place for pushing the boat out is Alma Da Cuba, which is in an old Church having retained many of the Ecclesiastical fixtures and fittings. One of our favourite places though is the China Palace all you can eat buffet in Seel Street, well worth the walk up Bold Street.

One thing you always get in Liverpool, regardless of price is great service with a dose of humour!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2137 on: April 27, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »
I think the London re-opens on Friday.

Offline systema

« Reply #2138 on: April 27, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »
Just walked past and heard a woman shouting to someone in the street - yes we are opening on Friday.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2139 on: April 27, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
Local girl has it on trial i think,good luck i think with a local in charge it may work better.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2140 on: April 27, 2014, 07:58:03 pm »
Called into Cups N Cakes in Mostyn Street the other day. It's obviously been set up on quite a tight budget as the interior decor is not as smart as it could be for a high street location. Having said that, the coffee and cup cake were great, so it's certainly worth a visit.

Offline systema

« Reply #2141 on: April 30, 2014, 09:02:13 pm »
The outside of The London is looking great - they are making a good job of it - will be  there to have a look over the week end.
 As ex publicans we wish them all the luck in the world.
e

the

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2142 on: May 01, 2014, 12:14:45 pm »
Called into Cups N Cakes in Mostyn Street the other day. It's obviously been set up on quite a tight budget as the interior decor is not as smart as it could be for a high street location. Having said that, the coffee and cup cake were great, so it's certainly worth a visit.

Looks like a nursery to me, why anyone in their right mind would want to pay over 2 quid for a coffee in a place that looks like a nursery is beyond me.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2143 on: May 01, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »
I must admit i was expecting a nice cake shop not another cafe

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2144 on: May 02, 2014, 08:38:28 am »
I was hoping for homebaked bread-- Like the shop which opened and closed in Porthmadog. Ah well-- back to the breadmaker ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.