Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015808 times)

Offline mull

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2115 on: April 14, 2014, 10:00:47 pm »
Ormegolf you are in good company, it has happened to me.
Hope it is not an age thing    ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2116 on: April 14, 2014, 11:36:53 pm »
Italian food has never been at the top of my preferred list, but this weekend Mrs F and the in-laws persuaded me to book a table for 4 at La Taverna in Church Walks.

I am mightily glad they did, as the food, drink and ambiance were excellent.
The menu is extensive, and I can recommend this restaurant to my own customers and forum members alike.

I look forward to patronising La Taverna again in the near future, and along with The Seahorse, it is right 'up there' with the best that the Three Towns area has to offer.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2117 on: April 15, 2014, 06:46:32 am »
Iwas in there Saturday nite,as usual brilliant meal and nice staff,im shocked you have;nt been before.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2118 on: April 15, 2014, 08:55:48 am »
Work going on in the Parade,come on DaveR ,rumours about the London re-opening,work on going in Parade and no news from DaveR ,slipping DaveR.lol Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2119 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:33 am »
You only had to ask, Wrex.  :P The Parade was sold by Enterprise Inns last month for £180,000 to a 'local hotel and bar operator'.  8)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2120 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:11 am »
I don't know what's going on at Cafe 121 on Upper Mostyn Street, but there has been no food available the last couple of times we've been in. A shame, as it's a great little cafe.

People seemed to be eating in there when we passed about 1/4 hour ago.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2121 on: April 15, 2014, 08:04:18 pm »
London DaveR,GET THAT EAR TO THE GROUND.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2123 on: April 15, 2014, 09:32:06 pm »
What a laugh. The accommodation has not been touched for over 20 years, so bad that the top two floors are listed as semi derelict on the lease. The recent licensee who has been there for 9 years maintained 6 very good quality Cask Conditioned Ales. And the food has been available all day until 9.00 pm where they sold a serious amount of food. They are offering the business at £19,000. They fail to mention the fact the business is available on the Marstons web site requiring a rent of £48000,  and a brewery tie on wet stock. Then I think you are required to purchase the remaining Fixtures and Fittings over e period of a few years. As the asking price covers Training at £700, Brewery deposit at £11,500, and working capital at £7,000.
The licensee who is departing with his family offered me the opportunity to purchase the business in 2013, pleased now I didn't, but made interesting viewing. checkout this link.

http://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/59191?FromSearch=False

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2124 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »
You only had to ask, Wrex.  :P The Parade was sold by Enterprise Inns last month for £180,000 to a 'local hotel and bar operator'.  8)

I heard it was that it was Richard, who owns the 147 Club,  The Gresham,  The Plough (Rhyl),  Bonkers etc.....
Fester...

Offline Dave

« Reply #2125 on: April 17, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »
He should invest in a cleaning company, I know a few places that he could get the contracts for.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2126 on: April 18, 2014, 11:15:19 am »
Lots of roamers regarding the London. Fact is the Tennants still occupy the building, see them every day walking their dog.
The brewery refuse to change the extortionate rent situation. and their high mark up on the wholesale prices. Otherwise they say they would have been open for the Easter Holidays. Shame

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2127 on: April 18, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
Had a nice nite in the Snowden then met Mr AND Mrs Fester in the Gresh very nice eveni ng x

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2128 on: April 19, 2014, 12:01:17 am »
It was indeed a nice evening, always a pleasure to meet Mr and Mrs Wrex.   ZXZ

But..... moments after leaving The Gresh,  we were tempted by the following sign outside The Lilly, (formerly Fat Cats)

We were tempted inside, only to be told at 10pm that the offer was over,  another barman said, 'no the offer is only on Friday'
I reminded him that it WAS Friday!
Another staff member said, 'no, it doesn't apply at holiday weekends'
I asked.... 'why does it say every Friday then?'
The member of staff hurried outside to take the board away, and they would not honour the offer.

So, we left in disgust, and this just goes to show how far that bar has declined since it was taken over and renamed.
I can't see it lasting long, considering it is always empty when most others seem to be thriving.
See the sign below.
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2129 on: April 19, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »
Been to tiffanys tonite omg it a long time