Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015855 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2010 on: January 04, 2014, 06:18:14 pm »
I go there quite often for a coffee and have seen that situation a few times before.   I've never had a meal there and yet every meal I've seen come past me looks delicious.  Must give it a go sometime.
Did you have a meal there?

Today we were in town but opted for lunch at Home from Home Cooking in Penrhyn Bay and enjoyed the meal as usual.    $dins$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2011 on: January 04, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »
I've always found Fortes meals very good, and they do a great cup of coffee.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #2012 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12:57 pm »
This is a little bit outside the three towns catchment area but I thought I'd mention it because it's got me wondering.  There's a review of Stones Bistro in Caernarfon on TripAdvisor which is written in Portuguese (I think) by someone from Brazil.  On TA there's a translate "button" so I've translated the review and this is what it apparently says -

"Very old building, almost all stone, with typical, good food and great farta.Atendimento and compatible prices."

I'm sure it must have some other meaning but I can't even begin to think what it might be  :o.

n.b. Comments about baked beans and/or sprouts are far to obvious for a forum which has the repute this one has.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186431-d5794682-Reviews-Stones_Bistro-Caernarfon_Gwynedd_North_Wales_Wales.html
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2013 on: January 20, 2014, 11:44:35 am »
Correct translation is:

Very old building, almost all stone, with typical, good and abundant food. Great service and consistent prices.

Your translator was probably confused by the lack of a space between the full stop and the next word.
 :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2014 on: January 20, 2014, 01:58:27 pm »
Whilst staying on Anglesey at the weekend, we called in at the Marram Grass Cafe near Newborough and what a treat it was. Food was cooked to perfection, please do visit it if in the area:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g552029-d2349925-Reviews-The_Marram_Grass_Cafe-Newborough_Island_of_Anglesey_North_Wales_Wales.html

Offline hollins

« Reply #2015 on: February 04, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »
Just for the record, this is what the afternoon tea looks like at the Chester Grosvenor. I was spending a voucher that someone had given me for my birthday last year.
Everything was done well with good service but I was staggered when I saw how much it had cost.
There were plenty of other tables using gift vouchers. They have got onto a good thing with that.

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #2016 on: February 04, 2014, 11:14:47 pm »
I know its expensive , but I love it, we all need to see how the other half live occasionally just pretend you live in England.

Offline hollins

« Reply #2017 on: February 05, 2014, 07:56:27 am »
Yes, I love it too. I took my mum there for lunch with my first wage packet in 1976 and we have had lots of treats with some great memories there ever since.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2018 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36:09 am »
We had a voucher a few years ago for an overnight stay and breakfast, but then found out the voucher was for the PULFORD GROSVENOR. Ha, ha.

It still turned out to be quite a pleasant experience though.

BTW anyone know anyone who might make a nice cake suitable for a significant wedding anniversary celebration.

Offline Linda

« Reply #2019 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:37 pm »
BTW anyone know anyone who might make a nice cake suitable for a significant wedding anniversary celebration.

A local lady' Sandra's Cakes' on Facebook makes lovely cakes to whatever design very reasonable i believe.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:11:33 pm by Ian »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2020 on: February 05, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »
A local lady' Sandra's Cakes' on Facebook makes lovely cakes to whatever design very reasonable i believe.

Thanks Linda, I have sent her a message.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:11:08 pm by Ian »

Offline Linda

« Reply #2021 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »

Thanks Linda, I have sent her a message.
Your welcome Bellringer, iv known her for years but seen her lovely cake designs on facebook and everyone praises them so much. I make my own which are fine but not to her standard of decoration.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2022 on: February 06, 2014, 05:23:38 pm »
Looks like the London public house has gone now,so our ressecion is well and truely not over,who next.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2023 on: February 06, 2014, 09:12:00 pm »
Looks like the London public house has gone now,so our ressecion is well and truely not over,who next.

Yep, Wrex... I have just been past The London and I can confirm that it is all in darkness.

If anyone tells you that the economy is perking up, don't you believe a word of it.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2024 on: February 07, 2014, 12:01:59 pm »
Badly run rubbish pub anyway. A decent pub would stay open