Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015574 times)

Online Ian

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1995 on: December 21, 2013, 09:01:38 am »
How many stars out of five?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1996 on: December 21, 2013, 10:58:32 am »

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #1997 on: December 21, 2013, 12:16:41 pm »
Pubs in mostyn street packed last night with incident involving a drunken person wielding a knife in Cooneys and the 147. Several police officer dragged a person across the road and bungled them into a car. additional word is that a door security person was knocked out in cooneys.
Anyone got the goss

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1998 on: December 22, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »
This afternoon, on the way back from a trip to Abergele, we stopped at Forte's in Rhos on Sea for a coffee.  We decided to partake of a mince pie each as it is the Festive Season, but a few minutes later regretted the decision.

The mince pie was very thin (top to bottom) with little more than a teaspoon of mixture in the small central cavity, and well dusted with icing sugar.  It tasted as most mince pies do, but nothing special.

Later when we got the bill we were met with the cost of £1.95 for each mince pie, what a rip off.  The mark up must be close to 1000%, so it is obviously a matter of cashing in on the gullible public as the price was not mentioned on the menu.

So for two average coffees and average mince pies we left £7.70 lighter in our pocket.
 >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1999 on: December 22, 2013, 08:33:41 pm »
Pubs in mostyn street packed last night with incident involving a drunken person wielding a knife in Cooneys and the 147. Several police officer dragged a person across the road and bungled them into a car. additional word is that a door security person was knocked out in cooneys.
Anyone got the goss

I was in Cooneys last night this either didn't happen or happened quite late, I was in there until 12.30 ish

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #2000 on: December 22, 2013, 09:29:52 pm »
Some of the best mince pies u can buy r from costco  and my mother in laws aren't  bad, as for some 1 waving a knife about I hope they got a good slap and sent home, it's a violent place llandudno I know I have worked there for the last 11 months  and 12 days.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #2001 on: December 23, 2013, 07:45:41 am »
Mr B's now has three TripAdvisor reviews, all five stars and all sounding suspiciously like adverts .  They also all appear as if they were written by the same person, unless of course three completely separate and unconnected individuals all decided to end their "reviews" with a plug for the breakfast (that none of them had tried  :roll:).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2002 on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:24 am »
The three reviewers apart from Susan have only ever reviewed Llandudno establishments six times between them.  The Asia Rest got 5, Home Cooking got 5, Boutique got 5 and Mr B's got three 5's.
Only one of the people was a regular reviewer from Woking.   Others were Llandudno based.

Funny, I said Funny!     >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2003 on: December 23, 2013, 08:27:14 am »
Mr B's now has three TripAdvisor reviews, all five stars and all sounding suspiciously like adverts

Reading all three carefully, I suspect that two of them might be the same person. Certain commonalities occur, such as a slightly insecure use of adjectives, coupled with some spelling errors but more importantly, the style is very similar and reeks of someone trying to imitate a critic's approach. Real people don't usually write things like "Comprehensive menu is reasonably priced and caters for all tastes," or "Horrendous weather outside but the warm décor, ambience and welcome soon left that behind."

However, perhaps three, very similarly endowed (in the literary sense), diners all chose to review the place at the same time, despite only having six other reviews between them.  Just a shame that the only person we all know and trust who's actually been there chose only to give it 3 stars...

Wrex: time to become a TA reviewer :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2004 on: December 23, 2013, 08:40:28 am »
Will get on there later

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #2005 on: December 23, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »
owners where in and out all nite it was cold enought in there without them two going in and out.

Just goes to show, the owners took no notice, when we told them at the start of their conversion, that the major problem we had with Parrs, was every time the door opened all the heat went out and suggested they think about installing a double entry system. Oh well you can only lead a horse to water.... &shake&
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #2006 on: December 23, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »
I've had my first Staffordshire oat cakes. I was walking past on Saturday and saw Sue practicing her cooking technique, in anticipation of her grand opening in January, so call in for a quick chat. I left with a free bag of six oatcakes, which went down very nicely, when I got home. After all her trials and tribulations I can only wish her all the luck in the world for 2014.  ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2007 on: December 23, 2013, 07:52:11 pm »
We were in Bangor the other day, and I saw that the Fat Cat bar has been renamed the Feral Cat,following the chain's bankruptcy!

Offline Jack

« Reply #2008 on: December 24, 2013, 03:46:09 pm »
Anyone got the goss

Report on the incident in Daily Post:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-bouncers-wrestled-knife-attacker-ground-6445618

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2009 on: January 04, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »
We were in Fortes Llandudno for lunch on Friday and I was amazed to see how busy it was. Every table was taken and there were people queuing in order to get a table - never seen that there before.