Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015368 times)

Offline systema

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1965 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:56 am »
When is Mr B;s opening,anyone know.

On Friday 18th December. Told us they have opening offers - an envelope on the table with a discount voucher from 10% off to a free meal. The menu looks good, hope the food lives up to it.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1966 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »
A lot of work going on at The Ship, Rhos on Sea.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1967 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:03 am »
Picked up a takeaway coffee yesterday from Holmes Place-- the nearest, as we were at the Santa Run.--Try it DaveR-- you'll be running down the prom screaming. Ghastly stuff, neither of us could drink it.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1968 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:19 am »
Picked up a takeaway coffee yesterday from Holmes Place-- the nearest, as we were at the Santa Run.--Try it DaveR-- you'll be running down the prom screaming. Ghastly stuff, neither of us could drink it.
It's one cafe I've never been into, and after your comments, I doubt I will bother!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1969 on: December 16, 2013, 10:08:07 am »
No don't-- it looked clean, but there was a very unpleasant smell of stale cooking. My OH says that I have a sensitive nose, but it curled up ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1970 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
Well ive booked for Mr Bs on friday ,so unless someone beats me i will let you know my thoughts onit.As for Holmes place,its just one of these places that makes a quick buck out of our tourist trade,but we are all aloud to do that.

Offline systema

« Reply #1971 on: December 16, 2013, 04:37:56 pm »
Well ive booked for Mr Bs on friday ,so unless someone beats me i will let you know my thoughts onit.As for Holmes place,its just one of these places that makes a quick buck out of our tourist trade,but we are all aloud to do that.

Has he put the full menu up yet - not been past today.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1972 on: December 18, 2013, 08:46:29 am »
The former Rooms & Blooms shop in Colwyn Bay has new signage and is now called "The Green Room Jazz Cafe".  Nice  8).

Also the former Judge & Jury in Station Road is now "Porter's Coffee Shop & Bistro".  I'm not sure if it's actually yet but there were signs of activity in there the other day.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1973 on: December 18, 2013, 09:24:34 am »
The former Rooms & Blooms shop in Colwyn Bay has new signage and is now called "The Green Room Jazz Cafe".  Nice  8).

Also the former Judge & Jury in Station Road is now "Porter's Coffee Shop & Bistro".  I'm not sure if it's actually yet but there were signs of activity in there the other day.
Positive news.  $good$

I assume Porter's is named after John Porter, one of the founders of Colwyn Bay - seen on the right in this photo outside the building:

Offline systema

« Reply #1974 on: December 18, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »

Has he put the full menu up yet - not been past today.

Went for a walk round Town tonight intending to look at the Menu for Mr B's and were invited inside for a free meal but as we had eaten we declined but had the free drinks offered.  Had a look at the menu and it is about £13  for mains for Dinner.
We have booked for 7pm on Friday  - if your are in there -  I have a cast on my arm- I dare you to  come over and try and scribble on it  - I will  :rage:

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1975 on: December 19, 2013, 04:16:14 pm »
A lot of work going on at The Ship, Rhos on Sea.

I've just read your post M E on the Ship at Rhos. Word is It's going to be a "Hickory's Smokehouse" like the one on the River Dee at Chester. If its true it will be a great addition to good places to eat in the area. ZXZ
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1976 on: December 19, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »
I wonder if they will have many vegetarian options?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1977 on: December 19, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1978 on: December 19, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »
Mr B's has got it's first TripAdvisor review.  Very positive it is too, far be it from me to suggest it was written by an owner or employee  :-X.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190724-d5588483-r187985537-Mr_B_s-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html#UR187985537
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1979 on: December 19, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »
Person submitting review has it seems only made 2 reviews ever.  Also unusual to get all ratings as five stars.  Must go and check it out and see if it as good as it is said!     :D

The reviewers other comment was regarding the Blue Moon Cafe in Chester, that also achieved five stars for everything.  Most suspicious!    :D
 Z**  Z**  Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero